Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "skip a night" sleep schedule reset.

• 18-10-2017 11:33pm

Well it's 5.30am and I'm still wide awake so I guess I'll just stay up until tonight and hopefully get back to waking up and going to bed early.

I've only done it a few times over a decade ago.. Hoping it works again this time but the next 17 hours are probably gonna be pretty unproductive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well it's 5.30am and I'm still wide awake so I guess I'll just stay up until tonight and hopefully get back to waking up and going to bed early.

I've only done it a few times over a decade ago.. Hoping it works again this time.

I nearly always hit the wall between midday and 3pm the next day and just crash when I do that. Or take some psychoactive substances which we won't talk about here...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Tis a great tactic to use alright. Wouldn't like to try it on a school night though, in that case I'd try and bag 1-3 hours of sleep knowing it will make the day easier

I've only managed to stay awake in to the following day until about 2pm. If you can I'd stay put until 8 or 9am and then get up. That way you'll have had at least a few hours sleep and be tired enough to go the bed at a reasonable hour that night.

Tis a great tactic to use alright. Wouldn't like to try it on a school night though, in that case I'd try and bag 1-3 hours of sleep knowing it will make the day easier

I'm working from home at the moment and tomorrow is a quiet day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I remember feeling more refreshed after 3-4 hours sleep than I was after 6-7 hours. Don't think I ever pushed through without at least an hour or two though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Or take some psychoactive substances which we won't talk about here...

caffeine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Nah, covfefe!!
    caffeine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

a night without sleep? geez, i'd be a danger to anyone after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

All y'all need to hang out with a newborn for a week. Try a scatter of near sleepless nights in a row to make sure you pass out every time you blink...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I usually do this if I'm coming home from America, although there can sometimes be a stop and power nap necessary on the way home from the airport. I can't sleep on planes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I've done this a few times, I find I'm almost manic the next day. The lack of sleep turns me into a looper.

Well I lasted 40 hours and went to sleep around 11pm.. Feel grand today. Up at 8am, had a coffee and should be back on track.

Advertisement