Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Joe Saunders vs David Lemieux December 16th in Canada.

Options
  • 17-10-2017 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭

Just announced

That's a good matchup. I actually think BJS will win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just announced

That's a good matchup. I actually think BJS will win.

If he doesn’t get punched in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

A fully motivated and fit Saunders should outbox Lemieux fairly comfortably and win wide on points if the cards are fair. Ballsy move from Saunders travelling to Canada for it as the champ.

Out-tickle him, you mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Lemieux will be better than the vast majority of BJS opponents to date.

Eubank and Andy Lee are better wins than anything on Lemieux's record though tbf.

Not sure what getting battered for 8 rounds by GGG is going to do to help Lemieux in this fight.

I think we've a far better grasp on Lemieux's ceiling than Saunders personally.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Exactly what I am thinking. Better than every one of them at the time BJS beat them...Lemieux is not at his peak, but he can punch, and he comes to punch.

Lemieux will have no respect for BJS’ handwork. Ballsy move by the Saunders camp. If Ingle can find his mute button now we may have an enjoyable fight.

Personally I think BJS (to date) is sh1t as regards what I consider world class boxer/fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Anyone bother to watch Billy's last effort?

hbhook wrote: »
    Anyone bother to watch Billy's last effort?

Yeah. Rubbish fight against a gun shy So-called mongoose.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Yeah. Rubbish fight against a gun shy So-called mongoose.
    Yeah I heard that so actually as someone said above I think it's fairly ballsy of him as it seems he wasn't pushed by Monroe. I would've thought he'd squeeze out another tune-up but I guess he's thinking big.

Was Lemieux his mandatory?

• Advertisement

hbhook wrote: »
    Yeah I heard that so actually as someone said above I think it's fairly ballsy of him as it seems he wasn't pushed by Monroe. I would've thought he'd squeeze out another tune-up but I guess he's thinking big.

Was Lemieux his mandatory?

Yeah I’d say so. Likely an effort to bring the WBO belt closer to the Golden Boy / Canelo fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

This will be a proper test for BJS, Lemieux is no mug, he hits hard and has good stamina. If BJS wins this then he deserves to be considered as one of the top MW's at present.

Really looking forward to this fight. Such a classic boxer v puncher matchup.

Saunders looks in the shape of his life. Has looked on the weight for a couple of weeks now. Have to say the more I think about it the more I strongly fancy him to do the job.

pac_man wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll get a fair deal with the judges as I'd imagine this will be a distance fight.

Saunders has had a decent run with the judges so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Cork's Spike O'Sullivan on this card as well. A big test for him against Antoine Douglas, which could lead to bigger things should he win.

The card is on BT Sport from 1230 too.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this fight. Such a classic boxer v puncher matchup.

Saunders looks in the shape of his life. Has looked on the weight for a couple of weeks now. Have to say the more I think about it the more I strongly fancy him to do the job.

BJS is a boxer, but I wouldn't go close to calling him a classic boxer....

Lemieux probably needs the KO. Bit short and not a great boxer to be winning on points.

walshb wrote: »
    BJS is a boxer, but I wouldn't go close to calling him a classic boxer....

Lemieux probably needs the KO. Bit short and not a great boxer to be winning on points.

I'm saying it's a boxer v puncher matchup in a classic sense. Maidana v Broner or whatever other thousand examples you could draw up.

Assuming the cards are fair I think Lemieux is going to need at least a knockdown or two. Otherwise I see Saunders winning pretty clear on points.

The fact he's in such good shape has me very confident he does it. He seems in a really good place mentally and he'll need to be completely switched on for 12 rounds.

Usually it'd be Saunders' gas tank I'd be worried about but Lemieux is ultra tight at the weight and might blow his load early looking for the stoppage. A late stoppage win by Saunders honestly wouldn't shock me.

I had a feeling that is what you meant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I want BJS to win only because i want to seem him beat up by GGG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Come on Lemieux! Beat the waster!

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    Cork's Spike O'Sullivan on this card as well. A big test for him against Antoine Douglas, which could lead to bigger things should he win.

The card is on BT Sport from 1230 too.

0030 yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Come on Lemieux! Beat the waster!

Undefeated world champion, not bad for a waster! 😉

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Looking forward to this. Think Billy Joe is far, far better than some people (oddly) want to give him credit for. If he doesn't gas, I think he'll box Lemieux's head off all night and win a wide points decision. 11/8 about that is tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Undefeated world champion, not bad for a waster! 😉

Yeah but his views on stuff that has nothing to do with boxing I’m guessing...

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Undefeated world champion, not bad for a waster! ��

Fighting nobodies WBO ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

spike on after this fight?

Absolute masterclass from Saunders. Humiliated Lemieux in there. Won every round for me.

Hopefully finally starts to get the credit he deserves.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Clinic.

Great win for Spike too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Two weekends now we've had to listen to fake injuries excuses because the ears have been boxed off them. Fair play BJS he's the best of the rest but nowhere near Canelo or GGG

Advertisement