Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN or Proxy for iPhone

Options
  • 19-10-2017 2:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I'm travelling to the UAE next week and I need a solution for my iPhone, as the last time I was in Dubai a few months ago I found practically everything locked down and unable to use essential apps like Viber etc. Essentially state censorship.

My biggest drawback was how I was unable to use my Eir Wifi calling which would have effectively given me free roaming in Dubai once I was connected to wifi as I could use my EIR package minutes then and I found the wifi calling very handy here this week when the traditional 3G and 4G were down after Hurricane Ophelia, but my own wifi was still up and I was able to channel the voice traffic out that way thanks to wifi calling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

I use Avast SecureLine for the VPN. Works perfectly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Ok I've bought a one month subscription to IP Vanish and installed the App, I enabled flight mode and connected to the wifi and VPN and my wifi calling is working. Hopefully this will allow it to work in Dubai. $9.00 for a month but the recurring subscription has to be cancelled in Paypal after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jim3176

I use TunnelBear and it works well on the iphone and macbook. Easy to set up as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Wind scribe.

I use this if I am ever in Asia.

Lovely app and integrates really well with iOS.

Plus click below and you will get 50GB free bandwidth per month. How secure and encrypted your connection is I don't know but it will for sure give you access when traveling

https://windscribe.com/?affid=so327014

Click "Sign Up" (top of page)
    Select "Use for Free"
    Select "10GB Free" Tab
    Enter username, password, email
    "Create Free Account" (leave this page open)
    Separately, you will get an email immediately, click link to confirm
    Note: With page open from step 6, select the option "Claim Voucher" and enter the code 50GBFREE (without the quotation marks)
    Your account dashboard will display the 50gb limit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

jim3176 wrote: »
    I use TunnelBear and it works well on the iphone and macbook. Easy to set up as well

Yeah me too... Tunnelbear is great!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

IP Vanish doesn't work in Dubai, Avast SecureLine however does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

ExpressVPN

Advertisement