Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't eir connect my broadband even though all cabling and systems are in place?

Options
  • 19-10-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

As the title states, I am struggling to get anyone in this dysfunctional company to sort out my broadband issue.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

astrofluff wrote: »
    As the title states, I am struggling to get anyone in this dysfunctional company to sort out my broadband issue.
    Hi astrofluff,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your order. can you PM me your account number and full name so I can look into this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hey Adam, finally got the broadband in but now eir can't port my old number to my new service - mismatch with pstn and voip...quite annoyed by the level of service I am being given by eir.  So disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hey Adam, finally got the broadband in but now eir can't port my old number to my new service - mismatch with pstn and voip...quite annoyed by the level of service I am being given by eir.  So disappointing.
    Hi there astrofluff

Thank you for getting in touch again.  So sorry to hear about your number.  Unfortunately if you were advised that is was not possible to get the old number to the new service, there is nothing more that we will be able to assist with from here.

I will, however, make sure to pass your feedback onto the relevant team now.

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there astrofluff

Thank you for getting in touch again.  So sorry to hear about your number.  Unfortunately if you were advised that is was not possible to get the old number to the new service, there is nothing more that we will be able to assist with from here.

-Kyle
    This is very simple stuff Kyle.  I put my PSTN number over to a voip service when moving house until my new line was ready.  So how come my old number works with the voip company and not with eir?  If I were to move to virgin media, they'd be able to put it on their system as well!  What am I missing here?  The whole process has been horrible - goes to show that eir are inept at doing anything technological.

Hi there astrofluff

-Kyle
    This is very simple stuff Kyle.  I put my PSTN number over to a voip service when moving house until my new line was ready.  So how come my old number works with the voip company and not with eir?  If I were to move to virgin media, they'd be able to put it on their system as well!  What am I missing here?  The whole process has been horrible - goes to show that eir are inept at doing anything technological.
    If you send me your account number in a PM I'll check on this for you. However, if you are living in a new home that is connected to a different exchange than your previous address we'd be unable to retrieve this number for you. 

- Adam

• Advertisement

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there astrofluff

-Kyle
    If you send me your account number in a PM I'll check on this for you. However, if you are living in a new home that is connected to a different exchange than your previous address we'd be unable to retrieve this number for you. 

- Adam
    Hi Adam, the exchange is the same, but the service is different.  PM sent.

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there astrofluff

-Kyle

- Adam
    Hi Adam, the exchange is the same, but the service is different.  PM sent.
    Thanks, I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

Adam, I'm still having no progress since our last communications. All I have is the broadband, but no phone line. Eir customer care are telling me that when the phone is active, they can port my old number.

But they haven't activated the phone service yet.

Also, I can't access eir sport as it says I haven't subscribed to an eligible service?! Strange, taking money and not giving the service!

Eir as a company are all over the shop.

Adam, I'm still having no progress since our last communications. All I have is the broadband, but no phone line. Eir customer care are telling me that when the phone is active, they can port my old number.

But they haven't activated the phone service yet.

Also, I can't access eir sport as it says I haven't subscribed to an eligible service?! Strange, taking money and not giving the service!

Eir as a company are all over the shop.
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your account. I've checked your account for you as I still have your details from our previous conversation in PM's. It looks like there was a ticket logged by one of our customer care agents today to get your phone line activated.

Have you registered your account for my eir?

- Adam

I am registered on myeir - no problem looking at the bills.  Thanks - I was promised a call back today at lunchtime, but nothing since.

• Advertisement

I am registered on myeir - no problem looking at the bills.  Thanks - I was promised a call back today at lunchtime, but nothing since.
    Did you enter your stand-alone broadband number when registering for this? Have you also registered for eir sport on https://www.eirsport.ie/?

If you have and this issue is persisting, you need to give our eir Sport department a ring on 0818203040 and they'll be able to check this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement