Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brambledown - Carrickmines - change of EA for new development?

Options
  • 19-10-2017 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen this situation before - just wondering if this is common practice or if it indicates that something has gone wrong between EA and developer?

I viewed these houses back in April or May, seemed to be very nice but we realised that location just wasn't a runner for us, especially for the prices asked. Anyway, I've since been keeping an eye on them as a bit of a backup plan in case all other plans fell through and I noticed the current scenario.

It started out with a different EA, a few houses had deposits at this stage and viewings appeared to be busy. Fast forward a few months, all the prices have dropped circa 40/50k and there is a different real estate company selling them.

Unlike other new developments, there isn't much discussion about this place here. Has anyone else had a viewing or is aware of any issues with the place? In the current climate, it seems rare to see the price of new builds being reduced, even at this end of the market. And again, I haven't seen a complete change of company handling the sale of a new development either.

From what I can see:

Pros -
    Spacious modern houses
    Small development
    No management fees

Cons -
    Not really Carrickmines (outside the M50)
    Glenamuck Road - poor traffic & likely to be lots more development out that way
    Small gardens
    Definitely need at least one car per household
    Recent tragic history (first thing that comes up when you google the road)
    Expensive given the above points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Maybe, odds are they were on a years contract and somebody gave a better offer.

On the houses themselves, not sure why you would pay well over half a million to live next to a halting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Possibly the developer went bust. The financiers may have stepped in and decided to cut their loses, sell at a discount and get out quick.

The original agent may have objected to the reduced price (they earn a % of each sale) and decided to part ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Maybe, odds are they were on a years contract and somebody gave a better offer.

On the houses themselves, not sure why you would pay well over half a million to live next to a halting site.

The halting site is unoccupied, I think it might be removed by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There is a new halting site, just down the road from the original one.

Google maps: https://www.google.ie/maps/place/53°14'30.9"N+6°11'18.7"W/@53.241929,-6.189088,186m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d53.2419289!4d-6.1885227

My worry with Glenamuck is the no. of small developments that are being built. The road needs serious widening, and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

davindub wrote: »
    The halting site is unoccupied, I think it might be removed by now.

Nope, very much still there.

• Advertisement

There is a new halting site, just down the road from the original one.

Google maps: https://www.google.ie/maps/place/53°14'30.9"N+6°11'18.7"W/@53.241929,-6.189088,186m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d53.2419289!4d-6.1885227

My worry with Glenamuck is the no. of small developments that are being built. The road needs serious widening, and soon.

Thats the same position as the last one. Are they back in the same site? Mind you there was never any trouble from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

davindub wrote: »
    Thats the same position as the last one. Are they back in the same site? Mind you there was never any trouble from them.

The site is set back a few hundred yards back from the road.
    Not sure if it's going to be expanded but could be looking at the maps.

The site is set back a few hundred yards back from the road.
    Not sure if it's going to be expanded but could be looking at the maps.

Im not sure how far back it extended, but they were pretty close to the road last time.

Definitely getting too busy there, especially when there are cars on the footpath, sometimes pedestrians are forced onto the road.

That blind corner is lethal as well, you nearly expect someone to be across the line, I was expecting them to widen the corner when they built the houses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

These properties appeared to be completed a good bit before Christmas and no sign of life whenever I pass. Anyone know what's going on?

They were on view as recently as this month so they are actively trying to sell them. No takers at the price they are asking it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Only one of the houses is on the property price register. Dated in August - €785k.

Assuming that is detached - the asking price for similar is now €755k as per the daft listings.

Advertisement