Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Card

Options
  • 19-10-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

Today I have received my new BOI visa debit card after having lost my old one. Tomorrow I am due to receive a payment from my university and the bank details they have access to are from my old card (too late to change the details). Since I have a new card will this affect that payment? This may be a silly question but I am just not sure how the whole account number changing thing works!

Thanks in advance, 
    Jessica.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

To receive an electronic transfer you would usually provide your IBAN and BIC, these can be found on your statement and when logged on to 365 Online. Receiving a new card won't change these details. You'd be best to check with the college that they have your IBAN rather than your card number.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement