Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Car Policy Early

Options
  • 19-10-2017 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello. My current car insurance policy is set to expire soon. I'm moving to the UK and am hoping to sell my car. If I cancel my policy now, I believe there's an admin fee and I won't receive a No Claims Bonus certificate for this year, is that correct? Also, if I cancel, will I be entitled to a refund for the remaining time on my policy since I paid annually?

Ideally I would like to get my No Claims Bonus for this year, but I imagine there's no way of me doing this and also selling my car before my policy expires. Unless this can be done via suspending the policy? I'd appreciate any help with this matter, thank you.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Sean_ius wrote: »
    Hello. My current car insurance policy is set to expire soon. I'm moving to the UK and am hoping to sell my car. If I cancel my policy now, I believe there's an admin fee and I won't receive a No Claims Bonus certificate for this year, is that correct? Also, if I cancel, will I be entitled to a refund for the remaining time on my policy since I paid annually?

Ideally I would like to get my No Claims Bonus for this year, but I imagine there's no way of me doing this and also selling my car before my policy expires. Unless this can be done via suspending the policy? I'd appreciate any help with this matter, thank you.
    Hi Sean_ius

Can you message me with your policy reference and I'll look into this for you.

Regards 
    Seán

Advertisement