Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Direct Debit" through Stripe

Options
  • 19-10-2017 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advise for using Stripe on regular "subscription" payments.

I'm currently using Nuapay for direct debits and am very happy but some people are obviously tight for cash and would prefer to be using a credit card so I want to try and use the subscription/customer option from within stripe.

My query is around data protection and acquiring the data. My method with direct debits through the bank is just a case of a form being filled, could I use the same method for acquiring credit card details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

have you thought about using somebody like Realex to process the Card payments?

Not sure how Nuapay/stripe could process card payments.

But remember that card payments will involve circa 2-3% charge on your side vs DD bank fee of 10-50c (depending on your size/volumes).

***sorry didnt think the DD fee through properly. Nuapay are also charging you a value fee for your DDs. If you did the DDs yourself, then you would pay 10-50c to your bank. But then you'd need to be able to code XML***

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Nuapay are currently 0.5% and stripe 1.4%.

Stripe have an inbuilt facility for setting up recurrent payments and storing customers and card details, I just want to try and cover myself for data protection really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Nuapay are currently 0.5% and stripe 1.4%.

Stripe have an inbuilt facility for setting up recurrent payments and storing customers and card details, I just want to try and cover myself for data protection really

You can easily set up a web-based form for customers to input their details, the exact steps and application depending on your business.

You never see your customers details, send them a link, they put them in and Stripe does the rest. You can admin it from the Stripe dashboard, its a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

That's brilliant, I'll have a look at that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

You can write your own form, or use one of the available ones from https://stripe.com/works-with/categories/recurring-payments (they would usually charge additional fee)

• Advertisement
Advertisement