Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alestorm, The Tivoli, Friday 16 Feb 2018

Options
  • 19-10-2017 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭

Everyones favourite pirate metal band will be headlining Piratefest 2018 on Feb 16th.
    Nice that it ends up on a Friday for once.

Time to start practicing drinking copious volumes of rum, ale and mead for a night of lunacy.

Note: tickets are cheaper from tickets.ie (there's no booking fee).

Alestorm?format=750w

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In preparation for this, I have been listening to Dread Crew and Rumahoy. I know Alestorms song by heart, and I can't wait to lose my sh!t to No Grave But the Sea (best song on the album), and the reaction to F*cked with an Anchor, but i have to say that Dread Crew are quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Side Quest is just amazing! Rumahoy are a bit too death metally voice for me, but still some good stuff. I will most likely be dressed as a pirate for this! Bring on next Friday!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Got in around half eight, was surprised at how packed it was, had to stand outside the pillars and had to put up with the constant stream of tools in and out to the bar and the din of chatter, but its my own fault I suppose, should have got in sooner.

The band was brilliant, they've such a strong back catalogue, 1741 is a work of genius, Captain Morgan's Revenge and Hangover were the highlights, would have loved To The End Of The World but that's only a minor quibble, Chris is a great frontman, such a funny bastard, they are seriously talented individuals and don't take themselves too seriously that's why they are one of my favourite bands.

Advertisement