Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Refund

Options
  • 19-10-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

I bought something from amazon and requested cancellation, and I still have not been refunded my money yet, I contacted them and they got back to me with this:
    As I have checked and found, we were unable charged the amount however it was authorized. ‎17‎:‎39‎:‎31
    Sanjay: I just want to provide you some information that When you place an order with Amazon, we contact your payment card's issuing bank to approve the payment method. ‎17‎:‎39‎:‎31
    Sanjay: Upon approval, the requested amount is reserved in your account. This is known as an authorisation. The authorisation is only released as a charge at the time of dispatch, completing the transaction. If the authorisation remains unused, the funds reserved in your account will be made available to you by your bank according to their policies. ‎17‎:‎39‎:‎34
    Sanjay: I can confirm your order number [ORDER ID] that was cancelled, won’t be dispatched and you haven’t been charged. The authorisation is released automatically within your bank's individual time frame for unused authorisations. It depends on the policies of your bank, but the authorisation code below may be able to help your bank locate and remove the authorisation in question: ‎17‎:‎40‎:‎15
    Sanjay: Authorisation Code: (THEY GAVE ME A CODE)

Could you check this up for me and clear it, Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

In this type of situation the amount will appear in your Transactions in Progress on 365 Online for up to five working days. After this, provided the retailer does not process the authorisation in full, the amount is removed from your account.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Hi there,

In this type of situation the amount will appear in your Transactions in Progress on 365 Online for up to five working days. After this, provided the retailer does not process the authorisation in full, the amount is removed from your account.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi there,

Thanks
    Tara
    I don't understand, Its been 2 weeks now.
    I also can't find the transaction or refund in my bank statement or even when I bought it, that transaction is not there either ?

Hi there,

If the transaction is no longer showing on your account, this means it has corrected and been removed from your account. You would only see a refunded amount if the retailer had fully processed the original payment.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Hi there,

If the transaction is no longer showing on your account, this means it has corrected and been removed from your account. You would only see a refunded amount if the retailer had fully processed the original payment.

Thanks
    Tara
    So in other words, I have not been charged for the ithem I bought ?

If there is no debit showing on your account now, then you haven't been charged for the item.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement