Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman 1day flash sale-NOT [Moved from BA]

Options
  • 19-10-2017 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Harvey Norman are doing a radio advertising campaign offering a further 10% off many items including mattresses-NO EXCEPTIONS today, so I needed a mattress. but when I went in store to buy a mattress, the sales girl said he 10% off was only applicable to certain marked items available on the floor. She showed me the selection
    (on line) that has 10% off, basically they’re putting up the price online and then offering a discount. They lost my sale anyway!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

nightster1 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman are advertising a further 10% off all mattresses-NO EXCEPTIONS today, but when I went in store to buy a mattress, the sales girl said it was only items available on the floor. She showed me the selection on line that has 10% off, basically they’re putting up the price online and then offering a discount. They lost my sale anyway!!

Yeah I heard that ad on the radio tofay tomorrow but when I checked online it says “selected items only”. Sneaky.

It’s Harvey Norman what did you except they are a total scam and overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

It’s Harvey Norman what did you except they are a total scam and overpriced

False advertising. Won’t waste time with them again

• Registered Users Posts: 51,254 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Another day, another Harvey Norman sale - nothing new really.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

bazz26 wrote: »
    Another day, another Harvey Norman sale - nothing new really.

GO harvey GO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I really do miss those shouting man Harvey Norman adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I really do miss those shouting man Harvey Norman adds.

I don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't!

Sorry I forgot my sarcasm.......

Holy fook it was some sheite to listen to daily many times.... Cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

DID had an actual flash sale the other night, 10% off everything. Saved 45 quid on a washer dryer. I wouldn't touch Harvey Norman with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Harvey Norman price match so always check the prices on pricespy.ie

See 4 or 5 of types of the item you want aka different TV models and then check on the site and then ask them to price match it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Harvey Norman need a whole new marketing dept.
    I would have sacked the lot years ago.

Every two months there is the same 'Sale' and marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

rom wrote: »

See 4 or 5 of types of the item you want aka different TV models and then check on the site and then ask them to price match it.
    why bother asking them to match the price? Just buy off the cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not always, but definitely worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I asked before when buying a tumble dryer and they wouldn't price match, same model... they're some shower

The reason I asked was harvey norman would do free delivery whereas the other supplier charged €20, I went with the other crowd anyway because even with the delivery charge harvey norman were still 30 quid more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

i looking to buy a single oven & 70/30 split fridge freezer - Anyone know of best deals about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭dubrov

Forget this sale. Harvey Norman are having their biggest ever big big sale next weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Harvey Norman lost approx €6 million in each of 2013, 14, & 15...they made a small 250k profit last year...but because of penalties on interest, they ended up losing €1.2 million....
    Not a sustainable business model, overall losses in Ireland of €125 million...all they're really doing is servicing their debt...and tbh, not even sure they're doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Remember when I bought my tv last year. Got it in soundstore as gave it to me nearly 600 euros less then the so called sale in HN.

Seem the tv said it's 1250 in soundstore. They said nope we won't match and then said it will take 2 months to get anyway and it's 1900 euros ....

Went soundstore paid 1200 with free delivery .....

Any time I go into HN I nearly die with the prices they charge for stuff as it's nearly 10% more then everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Remember when I bought my tv last year. Got it in soundstore as gave it to me nearly 600 euros less then the so called sale in HN.

Seem the tv said it's 1250 in soundstore. They said nope we won't match and then said it will take 2 months to get anyway and it's 1900 euros ....

Went soundstore paid 1200 with free delivery .....

Any time I go into HN I nearly die with the prices they charge for stuff as it's nearly 10% more then everywhere

And another time you might get a bargain going the other direction.
    I wouldn't think much of it other then it pays to shop around, pricespy.ie can be really handy for this.
    I recently wanted to get a 32" TV for the kitchen and ended up getting it in PCWorld of all places! Used to think they were the most over priced but turned out best this time.

Harvey Norman is just another retailer really; can be over priced at times, can be reasonable at others.
    I certainly would never have any 'loyalty' to any of these places. And their sales are just a joke at this stage, there was a time when a 'sale' actually meant something.
    Normally only once or twice a year but now it seems to be whenever an envelope was opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Remember their Advert that you can haggle with them and when you haggled they said "Oh we can't take anymore off the TV as we've already haggled the price down to where it is before you got here"

"Oh really" all the best to you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,023 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Harvey Norman lost approx €6 million in each of 2013, 14, & 15...they made a small 250k profit last year...but because of penalties on interest, they ended up losing €1.2 million....
    Not a sustainable business model, overall losses in Ireland of €125 million...all they're really doing is servicing their debt...and tbh, not even sure they're doing that

Gerry Harvey's wife loves Ireland and apparently that's the only reason they didn't leave a decade ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

L1011 wrote: »
    Gerry Harvey's wife loves Ireland and apparently that's the only reason they didn't leave a decade ago.

pretty much the only reason that Shanahans on the green is still open. the place has been losing money since it opened but the owner loves this country so he wont close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

dubrov wrote: »
    Forget this sale. Harvey Norman are having their biggest ever big big sale next weekend

Yep along with the Jean scene....:D

Advertisement