Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another tracker mortgage one

• 19-10-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,

We bought our first house in 2004 on a 10 year fixed rate.
    After 3 years we decided to move house and after a bit of back and forward with the bank over us breaking the 10 year fixed, the bank agreed that we could get the new mortgage but only if we transferred onto another 10 year fixed (we had checked with them before taking the original 10 year fixed what would happen if we needed to sell/wanted to move before the 10 years were up and were told it would be fine but that wasn't the case when it came down to it!).
    With all the goings-on now over the tracker, I'm wondering should we have been offered a tracker rate mortgage at the time?
    I realise that we didn't have to accept the conditions of the new mortgage but I suppose at the time felt that we had no choice if we wanted to move.
    I've searched online but it seems to be quite a specific situation that I can't find any answers.
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Simple answer. No.
    You are getting confused with people who were on trackers, fixed and then should have been returned to one and weren't. That is what is happening at mo.

There was no obligation to offer you a tracker product at any point. So you lost out on nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Louthgal

Ah ok, always worth being sure!

Advertisement