Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen chopped Carrots & Parsnips

Options
  • 19-10-2017 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi folks have a question about using these in a stew if its possible.

Will be slow cooking the stew in a crockpot, so how could I add these frozen
    veg to the stew.

Would I have to cook them from frozen first in their own pot and then add them to the stew at some stage?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

No you can just throw them in from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

No you can just throw them in from the start.

They won't go into mush after stewing for a few hours, will they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I suppose it depends on how big they are - so if they're small enough you could stir them in for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I suppose it depends on how big they are - so if they're small enough you could stir them in for the last hour.

Frozen veg will mush. Do as dizzyblonde says

Advertisement