Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal bunker not fit for purpose?

Options
  • 19-10-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I purchased one of these coal bunkers recently from my local hardware store. It was on sale for €100
    http://www.thesmartbunker.co.uk/product/coal-bunker/

When I put the coal in it and pulled the lever down, very little coal came through the shoot and into the bucket. However I had polish coal which is uneven in shape and reading the information, it says to use regular, evenly shaped coal. I took that coal out (as it was only a small amount) and got more coal, supertherm, which is small and oval in shape. Tippped 3bags into it and went tonight to get more coal for the fire. Pull the handle down and again, nothing is coming down the funnel. It just doesn't seem to be working as it should.

Do I have any comeback? It's a bit hard to take back to the shop as it's currently filled with 120kg of coal. Would taking a video in be of any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,023 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you clear the outlet fully of the normal coal that was in it?

If its unable to take normal coal (and you're not in a smokeless area where the ovoids are normal) I would consider it unfit for purpose myself and argue that point with the retailer - but you'll have to be able to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

L1011 wrote: »
    Did you clear the outlet fully of the normal coal that was in it?

If its unable to take normal coal (and you're not in a smokeless area where the ovoids are normal) I would consider it unfit for purpose myself and argue that point with the retailer - but you'll have to be able to return it.

I'm pretty sure I did, but there might be a few pieces still in there. I might have to on the weekend spend some time trying to poke down to the bottom somehow and try and push through any pieces first :(

Advertisement