Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time build advice appreciated

Options
  • 19-10-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So I've been planning on building a pc long time now but I'm finally getting up to do it since I have some money. I was going to wait to Black Friday and cyber Monday but I don't know if I'll bother. Anyways here's my build so far need help finishing it and changing it around
    CPU: ryzen 5 1400
    GPU: Gtx 1060 3G
    Mobo: MSI B350
    Ram: crucial 8gb ddr4 3000
    Hard drive: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm

So need a case power supply and ssd, main purpose of the build will be 1080p gaming preferably on high. Wasn't sure how to post link to partpicker sorry also budget is around 800 but that can be worked around if needed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What is your budget, roughly? Also do you need any additionals like a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc?

One thing I would change if you have not purchased yet is to go for the 6GB model of the 1060, if doing so were to put you above budget I would then move the CPU down to a 1200. Not a earth-shattering difference but I think it would be a little better in terms of value for money (the 1200 overclocked is actually almost identical to an i5 7400 for performance which is going to be grand for about anything on 1080p 60fps I would figure).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Limak54321

Monitor and all that I can get so I'm just focusing on the build itself for now,
    Budget is 800 give or take and the reason I chose the 3gb model of the 1060 was because I wasn't sure if the 6gb is worth it. I could find the 3gb as cheap as £170 but the 6gb was going for £240-270. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement