Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary hedge blew over

Options
  • 19-10-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I live next to a derelict farmer's field.during the recent storms, a large high untended section of briars/hedging blew over onto my property.

Question is, do I engage the farmer to address his hedge? Probably not as it's a boundary and fallen on my side.

Or do I need to cut out the hedging myself? And if so can I return the hedging to his side, or do I need to find somewhere to dump the material?

I haven't met the field owner, but just heard second hand from other neighbours thst he is a difficult character to deal with.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Try talking with the man first..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

If he's derelict (as you say), he probably won't care what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

johng906 wrote: »
    I live next to a derelict farmer's field.during the recent storms, a large high untended section of briars/hedging blew over onto my property.

Question is, do I engage the farmer to address his hedge? Probably not as it's a boundary and fallen on my side.
    Is the hedge your boundary, or a fence? If it's a fence, throw it back over, but be aware it may fly over the fence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Take lots of photos before you do anything.

Advertisement