If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50"+ tv as monitor

Options
  • 19-10-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need a 50"+ tv as a display for a computer, only real requirement is decent picture quality, decent warranty, price and a VGA port.

Have your anything that would suit?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Hi, I need a 50"+ tv as a display for a computer, only real requirement is decent picture quality, decent warranty, price and a VGA port.

Have your anything that would suit?
    Hi Qwerty?.

Thanks for the post.

Pretty much any 50" TV could be used as a monitor. The issue may be getting one with a VGA as it is a pretty old connection at this point as nearly everything has moved to HDMI.

Even the like of the Hisense 50N6800 has no VGA.

I'll need to go do a bit of checking but off the top of my head I can't think of any with a VGA.

I'll have a check and revert back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Hi Qwerty?.

Thanks for the post.

Pretty much any 50" TV could be used as a monitor. The issue may be getting one with a VGA as it is a pretty old connection at this point as nearly everything has moved to HDMI.

I'll need to go do a bit of checking but off the top of my head I can't think of any with a VGA.

Thanks, I would appreciate that. That's the issue I found, vga gone from tvs. Just thought you might have a one laying around

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Just pick up a Vga to Hdmi converter and away you go :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Hi Qwerty?.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks, I would appreciate that. That's the issue I found, vga gone from tvs. Just thought you might have a one laying around
    Hi Qwerty?,

I have had a look round and I can't find any TVs that we stock with a PC input I'm afraid. We also don;t have any old stock lying around with a VGA input. The last I saw with VGAs were the Sharp Aquos but that was about 2-3 years ago.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.