Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Traffic southbound

Options
  • 19-10-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,
    I've never lived in Dublin but I'm moving there in a few weeks to start a new job in Cabinteely. I've started looking at places to live near my workplace mostly in Dublin 18 and other areas close by, but I was wondering if I was to live closer to city centre like Dublin 4 or 6 for example, would I be going against the traffic to and from work or is it always bad either way? Traffic terrible going in and out of the city? I've heard traffic is bad going in but I've not heard anything about what it's like going out southbound.

I'm considering this only because hubby might end up working in city centre so I'm thinking of how it would be less stressful for him to travel if we are closer and I would end up not having much traffic to deal with daily by driving from city centre towards south in the morning and then back in the evenings.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your husband needs to seriously consider getting the 46A (walk to Foxrock Church) or 145 (Cabinteely) to work in the city centre. There is a quality bus corridor (bus lane) into town along the N11 and it means driving a car is for mugs unless you absolutely have to have a car for work e.g. to visit customers during the day.

To answer your question, the traffic in the opposite direction is nothing like the morning inbound and evening outbound traffic. Houses will cost more to buy or rent in D4 and D6 though Cabinteely isn't exactly cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Momoh

Thanks coylemj, yes he will be using the public transport to work he would rather the luas than the bus, so we are looking at places to live that is minutes walk from the luas or bus stops. If the traffic is easy going and flows fast then that just gives us more options of where we can live without either of us having to spend excessive time commuting daily.

Thanks for the feedback!

Advertisement