Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Ireland have no good sour sweets?

Options
  • 20-10-2017 3:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭

I was in the States over the summer and for the two weeks that I was there, I tried their Sour Skittles and was left with a very 'sour' taste in my mouth...but in a pleasurable sense. :D. Not bad at all.

Coming back to Ireland, I was extremely disappointed that the 'Crazy Sour' version we have here is basically as sour as homebrewed alcohol by teens is alcohol compared to 18th century wine...In other words, these things were 'sweet'.

I see they have some on eBay but the price to ship from the US is excessive. I've tried to look for something sour that isn't Skittles here but it seems that the sweets people are referencing on other boards posts are long gone from the shops.

Is it that Ireand has an actual sweet tooth? Surely where do the sour lovers here get their sweets from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Yeah they don't make em right here but the Skittles are the sourest things you get over there the sour patch kids there aren't that sour either but still better than here.

Some sweet shops sell the American stuff like the sugary cereals, hot Cheetos, etc but I still think it's not as good and it's super expensive, like literally 5x the US price when you convert to euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The Natural Confectionery Co. do something called Sour Squirms (in the shape of "worms") that make me wince at least. Available in lots of places in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Maynard's Sours - can be found in most Irish shops. Like wine gums but in yellow pack. Everything else feels weak compared to these!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Haribo Tangtastics. Love them!

The multipack of mini packs of them that you get in Dealz etc are a lot sourer than the ones you get in the big bag!

Haven't had them since I was a kid so can't say how sour they taste now but you could try Chewits Xtreme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

I love sour anything, including beer.

Even though they are not sweets, I sometimes munch Zapper to ease my addiction, or those Toxic Waste sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Chewits Xtreme are quite sour alright but I find the blackcurrant to be "sourer" than the apple ones.
    Tangfastics are gorgeous but they're not that sour; more fizzy.

And yeah those Squirm Worms from the Natural Confectionery Company are surprisingly sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I like sour squirms but wish they were way more sour.
    Most so called sour sweets aren't really sour at all to my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I love sour sweets and have tried everything mentioned in the thread so far.

A recent find for me is M&S Colin the caterpillar fruit sours.... They're quite bitter. I highly recommend if you’re a sour sweet fiend :pac:

ms_colin_fruit_sours_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

The Jelly Bean factory do a small bag of super sours sweets which are nice & sour. They can be a bit harder to get than normal jelly beans but sometimes Easons have them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement