Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre broadband outage

Options
  • 20-10-2017 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My fibre broadband is out since Tuesday morning at about 9.30 (having survived Ophelia). I logged the fault via the app on Tuesday evening and got an autoresponder telling me I'd be contacted within 2 days. Called yesterday, after seeing my area is not on the Eir list of affected areas, and got stuck in the automated menu. It eventually spat me out and sent me a text message with the link to the chat feature. I initiated a chat around 11am and just around 5pm the chat was interrupted without being answered. I started another one around 5.30 and it wasn't answered by 6.30 when I was leaving work. What gives? What does a body have to do to get an update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Never mind. It turns out my switch away from Eir has happened 2 weeks early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Hi Dilbert75,

Sorry to hear this. if you'd like me to look into this for you feel free to PM me your account number and full name.

- adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Hi Dilbert75,

Sorry to hear this. if you'd like me to look into this for you feel free to PM me your account number and full name.

- adam

Advertisement