Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Mug - Ceramic

• 20-10-2017 7:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a double walled, lidded ceramic travel mug - any suggestions?

I've found a few for sale on US sites but the shipping costs are prohibitive!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Jawgap wrote: »
    Looking for a double walled, lidded ceramic travel mug - any suggestions?

I've found a few for sale on US sites but the shipping costs are prohibitive!

Dunnes or Penneys usually have these, double wall ceramic with a silicon lid.
    I think some of the large chain coffee shops sell them too. I got some from China before, Aliexpress €2 each at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The Mulk wrote: »
    Dunnes or Penneys usually have these, double wall ceramic with a silicon lid.
    I think some of the large chain coffee shops sell them too. I got some from China before, Aliexpress €2 each at the time.

Thanks.

Actually, I should've stipulated that I was hoping to get one with a ceramic lid.

Have one with a silicone lid and find it still takes a bit of the edge of the flavour of my morning brew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Jawgap wrote: »
    Thanks.

Actually, I should've stipulated that I was hoping to get one with a ceramic lid.

Have one with a silicone lid and find it still takes a bit of the edge of the flavour of my morning brew.

Sorry, i've never seen one of these.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's not what you asked for, but get a Zojirushi travel mug. About 30 quid but its brilliant, doesn't spill, keeps the coffee hot for an age and no effect on taste/edge.

Coffee angel stock them. Great for the winter cycling too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Weepsie wrote: »
    It's not what you asked for, but get a Zojirushi travel mug. About 30 quid but its brilliant, doesn't spill, keeps the coffee hot for an age and no effect on taste/edge.

Coffee angel stock them. Great for the winter cycling too.

Out of stock on the Coffee Angel website.

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »
    Out of stock on the Coffee Angel website.

Might have a wander into one of the shops next week.

I didn't know I wanted one of these till I clicked into this thread. And now there is one on its way to me from Amazon. So thanks people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I've tried dozens of mugs and finally found the Contigo Autoseal. I've bought a dozen as gifts since then. Spill proof, vacuum insulation, hot for about 2 hours then tepid but drinkable thereafter. Best mug out there I think.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've tried dozens of mugs and finally found the Contigo Autoseal. I've bought a dozen as gifts since then. Spill proof, vacuum insulation, hot for about 2 hours then tepid but drinkable thereafter. Best mug out there I think.

Same as myself, bought one a few years ago and have gifted many since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Same as myself, bought one a few years ago and have gifted many since.

I'll pm you my address ;)

• Advertisement

I didn't know I wanted one of these till I clicked into this thread. And now there is one on its way to me from Amazon. So thanks people.

It arrived this morning. Which was quick considering it was ordered Friday night.

It arrived this morning. Which was quick considering it was ordered Friday night.

Going to go down the Amazon route - Coffee Angel are sold out and it seems plans for re-stocking at this point are unclear!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ended up going for a 480ml one of those.

Winging its way to these shores as I type 😀

You won't look back. Let me know what you think.

You won't look back. Let me know what you think.

Per your request :)

Bought a nice blue 480 ml Zojirushi......and yes it lives up to the hype.

First I like the form - 480 mls is more than enough for me and, as daft as this may sound, it feels nice in the hand - as in it doesn't feel like I'm holding a keg!!

The lid opening mechanism is simplicity itself to operate with one hand.

All the reviews I read raved about its insulation properties and I'd agree with them. I made a coffee yesterday afternoon but only drank half it. I closed the lid and even with so much headspace the coffee was still warm this morning (some 14 hours later).

In terms of taste (my main concern when buying) I'd agree that it doesn't impart the metallic taste you sometimes get with other metal travel mugs - in fact it doesn't impart any noticeable taste or taint.

So far the only downside is that I didn't order two (one for playing golf with :))

A lot of the reviews also mention the lack of durability on the coating on the outside of the cup. I've only had it a couple of days so I can't really comment other than to say that it feels pretty robust. However, it might be that it doesn't stand up to well to being inserted/removed repeatedly from a cupholder? Anyway, such cosmetic matters don't really bother me - if it keeps my brew hot and doesn't impact the taste I'll be more than satisfied!

Thanks to all who recommended it.

That's pretty much how I see it too cheers.

I have mine about 9 months and the paint has started flaking a little around the bottom probably due to the cup holder. Don't care though, a small sacrifice for such an awesome mug. Perhaps a stainless version would be a better option. I'm not sure there's one available though (yet...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ceramic Mug with lid in Aldi €4.99....you can thank me later :D

https://www.aldi.ie/crofton-diy-mug-with-lid/p/073834100318001

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Cocksy

i have Chuester 14oz Double-Walled Glass Travel Mug

Advertisement