Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best estate agent to sell house?

• 20-10-2017 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi all, does anyone have any recent experience of this in castlebar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

From what I’ve encountered recently as a purchaser I’d strongly consider going alone and doing it myself if I was selling. I’ve an Aunt who sold her house a few months ago herself without any hassle for a price I though was way above what the place was worth, a huge record for the area. I was shocked at how easy and quick it was for her and she wouldn’t have any experience in anything related.
    Estate agents rarely know anything about the property eg if you don’t have clearly defined boundaries don’t ask them how big the site is. One estate agent in Castlebar was trying to sell me part of a neighbors field.
    They can be slow to get back to you if ever and say some ridiculous stuff. Oh and the photos they take (with the odd exception) can be so poor and make the house look crap. I’d get someone with a good camera or a good eye to take photos and then put it up on Daft and MyHome yourself. See how it goes and if it’s not working then get an agent. I really don't think they bring anything of value in a digital age. Before the internet and daft.ie you needed one but not now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Touhy O'Toole is a very competent organisation. They are Westport based but I should not matter, the person looking at your house will not be worrying about the location of their offices, they will be going to your house.

I suppose my second would be Moran's, however i don't like them putting everything POA.

Sherryfitzgerald crowley i would also go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

this maybe an option
    http://www.4salebyowner.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Have had great experience with Kenneth in Blue property rentals. Had the house rented through him and when it was put in the market he took it on and had viewers very quickly.

He has some houses for sale on daft.ie

Family member has also changed to him from another estate agent in Castlebar as some of them have so many properties for sale they don't put the time in to push yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Posts removed that were "anti-recommendations", see charter #8

Feel free to make recommendations but if you have had "less than good" experiences then take it to PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement