Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm went off

Options
  • 20-10-2017 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi folks my alarm went off last night it was not as loud as normal said back door but I couldn't see any issues would this be the battery in the sensor ?
    Or is thee away of checking what the fault was asil I disengaged the alarm so it stopped saying the reason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Is it a wireless system?
    Low battery might explain why the sensor "tripped" incorrectly.
    Doesn't explain why the sounder wasn't as loud as normal.

What system have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Is it a wireless system?
    Low battery might explain why the sensor "tripped" incorrectly.
    Doesn't explain why the sounder wasn't as loud as normal.

What system have you got?
    Hkc quantum 70 I have to check later
    It is a wireless

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

torrevieja wrote: »
    Hi folks my alarm went off last night it was not as loud as normal said back door but I couldn't see any issues would this be the battery in the sensor ?
    Or is thee away of checking what the fault was asil I disengaged the alarm so it stopped saying the reason

Activate the alarm again & see how loud it sounds.
    Your user code should give you access to the log to see what zone activated.
    Here is the manual for that system it might help yo navigate the menus a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

KoolKid wrote: »
    Activate the alarm again & see how loud it sounds.
    Your user code should give you access to the log to see what zone activated.
    Here is the manual for that system it might help yo navigate the menus a little.

Were would I have a user code ?

I didn’t have much look with that but when I put it on a partial set 0#7. It came on ok but I had to turn it off and go out the back put it back on and when I went to reset 0#7 it kept saying back door open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I didn’t have much look with that but when I put it on a partial set 0#7. It came on ok but I had to turn it off and go out the back put it back on and when I went to reset 0#7 it kept saying back door open ?

Sounds like you may have an issue with that sensor.
    If it's inertia/contact I would check the head in the sensor first to make sure arrow is pointing up. If it's still showing open it may be the reed in the sensor causing the issue. Make sure magnet is lined up correctly. If it was the battery it would indicate this on the control panel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You user code is the code you use to disarm the system.
    It does look like you have a problem with the sensor /contact on the back door.

Advertisement