Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Islands - Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin - 17th June 2018

Options
  • 20-10-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

http://nialler9.com/future-islands-are-next-for-donnybrook-stadium-gig/
    Future Islands are the next band following The National to be announced for a gig at the Donnybrook stadium, Dublin.

It’ll take place next June 17th 2018 with a full lineup of acts accompanying them with gates open at 2pm that day.

Tickets priced €63 go on sale Thursday 26th October at 9am through Ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets nationwide.

It’ll be the band’s followup show to their Iveagh Gardens show this summer.

17th is a Sunday, The National playing there on the Friday and Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Hmm, not sure what to do here. Already bought a weekend ticket for the National. Trekking out to Donnybrook three days in a row doesn't sound appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

http://nialler9.com/future-islands-are-next-for-donnybrook-stadium-gig/

17th is a Sunday, The National playing there on the Friday and Saturday.
    What's wrong with playing on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What's wrong with playing on a Sunday?
    um, I don't know, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wow – The National, Future Islands and Nick Cave in June of next year. And more than likely will be easy enough to get tickets for each of them.
    Hopefully, anyway. Was on hols for Future Islands Iveagh Garden gig. And missed the Vicar Street gigs too. Can’t miss out on this one. And they won’t really be touring any particular new album, I think. So would be more of a greatest hits.

um, I don't know, what?

I can't wait for the punchline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Wonder who the guests will be but after their show in Iveagh Gardens would definitely head to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is another one like The National where there's a presale on starting Wednesday, but Ticketmaster haven't sent on any codes in their email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Nice one, was gutted to miss them last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

monkey9 wrote: »
    This is another one like The National where there's a presale on starting Wednesday, but Ticketmaster haven't sent on any codes in their email.
    Should be this one, no code needed:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180053579717BF54?did=elaserp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Picked up some lovely seated tickets so very excited now!

Such an incredible live band!

• Advertisement

Picked up some lovely seated tickets so very excited now!

Such an incredible live band!

Do you have the link? Cheers!

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Do you have the link? Cheers!

Sure, I'll have a look for it now and send it on.

Thanks for the heads up - got two tickets using this link

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Got tickets for this do hugely looking forward to it. They were class at the Iveagh Gardens this year.

Just wondering what the point of these presales are? I'd understand if they're codes you get from some fan group of the band, but why no codes? And how how do you find those Ticketmaster presale links?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Got tickets for this do hugely looking forward to it. They were class at the Iveagh Gardens this year.

Just wondering what the point of these presales are? I'd understand if they're codes you get from some fan group of the band, but why no codes? And how how do you find those Ticketmaster presale links?

The links are sent to those who had bought future islands tickets before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Future Islands have today announced British punk sensations IDLES as the first of their special guests for their Donnybrook Stadium on 17th June 2018. This show will be IDLES’ debut Irish show. The band’s acclaimed debut album Brutalism was one of the highlights of 2017. More artists will be confirmed for the line-up in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Burkyland

Hi I was never at a gig in donnybrooke. Was wondering whats it like for a gig and Where's the best seat. I'm a big future island fan so so looking for the best seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Burkyland wrote: »
    Hi I was never at a gig in donnybrooke. Was wondering whats it like for a gig and Where's the best seat. I'm a big future island fan so so looking for the best seats.
    this is the seating map from the tickemtaster page, so i'd imagine Blocks B or C would be best

17280s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Any updates on support for this? The support acts for the National the week before have been announced for a while and are of a high caliber (John Grant, Preoccupations)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Mercury Rev celebrate the 20th anniversary of their 1998 Deserter’s Songs live at Energia Park on June 17 as special guests to @futureislands. Tickets for Future Islands/Mercury Rev celebrates Deserter’s Songs (20th Anniversary)/Idles + more on sale now➡️https://t.co/4wi86blwtY https://t.co/aeZukfdb6b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wow. What a weekend. The National x 2 days, Future Islands and now Mercury Rev. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't make it into Whelans for the gig. But now get to experience it. Although it will get a little lost in the outdoor venue. Still better than average support band.

Future Islands,17th June at Energia Park

Gates Now 3.30pm,
    Pillow Queens - 4.30pm
    Idles - 5.45pm
    Mercury Rev 7pm
    Future Islands 8.30pm

Times subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

I saw Idles at Primavera and thought they were great. I'd strongly recommend getting in early for them for them if you like a bit of punk /angry rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Any suggestions of available parking relatively nearby or within easy access?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Went in to see IDLES and Mercury Rev, both excellent

Future Islands were sensational last night.

Slightly biased as their my favourite band but it was such a good show.

Attendance was a slightly underwhelming for the size of the venue. We had tickets for the stand but moved down to the pitch as it was so sparse and bizarrely isolated with nobody within 5 seats either way/side of us. There must have been 100 in the stands that sat a few thousand. It suited everyone there though as it never looked cramped.

The way it worked out with the entrance route, stage left was jammed with people whereas stage right was fairly sparse which was great for us!

The gig was brilliant and they covered songs from all their albums. They were on stage just under two hours and as usual Sam was on top form for every song. His ability to give so much to every song is astounding.

Have to say the crowd were top notch (miles better than those at the Iveagh Gardens gig last year) and the staff/security in the stadium couldn't have been better. Venue was great too. So easy to access and get home from.

Despite seeing them a year ago as well, already can't wait for them to come back.

Yeah, really enjoyed it too. Same as ye we went down to the pitch with our stand tickets. Crowd was very thin at that point, we wandered up to close to the barrier so got a great view.

I kinda get the vibe that people aren't hugely familiar with their back catalogue (myself included). Biggest responses from the crowd were for Seasons and Ran from how I saw it.

I did like to see the people in the crowd dancing with abandon, that made me smile :)

steve_r wrote: »
    I did like to see the people in the crowd dancing with abandon, that made me smile :)

So true. There was one particular group dancing with abandon that I unashamedly wanted to be part of! :)

Advertisement