Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Safety mode

Options
  • 20-10-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Anyone help me my sons PS4 is stuck in safety mode ? It's not giving him any menu options (won't let him do update with USB & says cannot start ps4 ,connect controller which it already is )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

No this didn’t work it won’t even let him get past screens
    Any other tips to try ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

has he another controller to try plugged in?

Yeh he tried both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

From the official PS knowledge base article (video version of what jonerkinsella posted... might help!)

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Safe-Mode-PS4/

• Advertisement

That’s the prob though he gets connect controller option then it brings him to a page that said to connect a usb so it can update but this is as far as it let’s him go he doesn’t get to a menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

shardylan wrote: »
    That’s the prob though he gets connect controller option then it brings him to a page that said to connect a usb so it can update but this is as far as it let’s him go he doesn’t get to a menu

Maybe the cable is borked?

Sorry for all the questions, but have you tried with another cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Exact same thing happened to me few weeks ago. Said to update system software via usb but also kept saying controller wouldn't connect.

Regards the control it's just a case of being persistent with it, it will eventually connect but it takes a while.

The only thing to actually fix it though was to reinitialise the ps4. That will wipe everything from the hard drive of the machine. It pained me to have to do it cause my internet is incredibly slow to download everything again but it was the only fix that worked.

Keep power button on the machine pressed til safe mode comes on, think it beeps twice and then select full reinitialise. It takes while for it to reinitialse also.

Worked for me, hope it works for you.

Thanks think he will have no option but to try this
    Actually he just said he can’t get past these pages so it’s not giving him the option to reinitialise
    Is there a way to hard reset this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Id double check and try for safe mode again. Didnt work for me first few times i tried cause i only kept it pressed few seconds thinking that would be enough. I was wrong.

From a completely powered off state, press and hold the power button on the machine, not controller, for 10-15 seconds (or however long it takes for something to appear on screen).

Like I said earlier it took a bit of persistence so try, try and try again!

But if it definitely doesn't work this time then send it off for repairs I reckon.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill appreciate it

Advertisement