Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooley Road- Drimnagh, safe?

Options
  • 20-10-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there, I'm looking at a room in Cooley Road,Drimnagh, Dublin 12. It's close to Luas and bus routes, so it's convenient to go to the city centre. Seen some threads on this but it was years ago already.

Wonder what's the overall opinion on the area from people? I know it has some negative reputations I heard.

Thank you and hope for your reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm living around the corner from there for about 6 years. Great place but keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jimj292

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm living around the corner from there for about 6 years. Great place but keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine.

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. I know a certain shooting happened on that street some years ago... and also some bizarre incidents. But that was news years ago.

jimj292 wrote: »
    Hi there. Thanks for your reply. I know a certain shooting happened on that street some years ago... and also some bizarre incidents. But that was news years ago.

It depends on what end of the road you're moving to. Yes there was a serious shooting down near the Luas tracks on Cooley Road.

The street I live on has members of certain families on it as I was kindly informed by a friendly Garda. Keep in mind, these sort of people dont sh!t on thier own door step. In all my time there I've never seen anything to worry me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Great place but keep yourself to yourself and you'll be fine.
    Sorry, but in what world can you follow up “ Great Place” with “but keep yourself to yourself and you’ll be fine “???

It’s clearly not a great place.

ted1 wrote: »
    Sorry, but in what world can you follow up “ Great Place” with “but keep yourself to yourself and you’ll be fine “???

Apply that to any other neighborhood in Dublin. Alternatively do the opposite and let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ted1 wrote: »

Apply that to any other neighborhood in Dublin. Alternatively do the opposite and let me know how you get on.
    It may apply to any other neighbourhoods. But not all neighbourhoods, the ones it does are not great places

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭gagomes

Realize this thread is a little old, but for whoever comes across this thread in future and for what it's worth.

I lived on the cooley road, the end nearest to the luas, for about 6 months, at my girlfriend's home who was born and raised there. I thought it was completely OK and didn't felt at danger, though it's not the most charming neighbourhood (take it with a pinch of salt as I was raised in the likes of the D4).

The families nearby were all nice people, but like someone else hinted in this thread, there were rumours of "gang" members living in that same estate. I did not see anything worrying or dangerous, but that whole area is known for being rough. There are historical facts about shootings and in one of the gang / violence documentaries that aired on TV they spoke about a kid who was murdered by another kid from and in drimnagh.

All things considered, it's probably no worse than other areas like smithfield, fairview, etc.

Advertisement