If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE75MU8000 vs SAMS-QE65Q8F

Options
  • 20-10-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi folks

Apart from the obvious difference in price (and size), I'm wondering if there would be much of a difference in performance between these two tv's?  

http://richersounds.ie/p-202910-samsung-sams-qe65q8f.aspx  
    http://richersounds.ie/p-202642-ue75mu8000.aspx

The 75 inch version is my preference at the moment (mainly because I'm downgrading in size from a 100 inch projector screen!  Now defunct unfortunately) but the 65 inch seems like a good deal as well.  In terms of picture quality, would there be a marked difference between them?

Also, as seems to be tradition on this forum, could you PM me any Boardsie deals you may have on this?

I'm also looking for a Sonos package, playbar, woofer and possible a couple of Play 3's for surround.

I'm open to suggestions on other TV's too if you have any recommendation in similar size/price bands.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Himselfe wrote: »
    Hi folks

Apart from the obvious difference in price (and size), I'm wondering if there would be much of a difference in performance between these two tv's?  

http://richersounds.ie/p-202910-samsung-sams-qe65q8f.aspx  
    http://richersounds.ie/p-202642-ue75mu8000.aspx

The 75 inch version is my preference at the moment (mainly because I'm downgrading in size from a 100 inch projector screen!  Now defunct unfortunately) but the 65 inch seems like a good deal as well.  In terms of picture quality, would there be a marked difference between them?

Also, as seems to be tradition on this forum, could you PM me any Boardsie deals you may have on this?

I'm also looking for a Sonos package, playbar, woofer and possible a couple of Play 3's for surround.

I'm open to suggestions on other TV's too if you have any recommendation in similar size/price bands.

Thanks!
    Hi Himselfe.

The Q series Samsungs are their QLED range and are far superior to the rest of the ranges. They use totally different technology in the make up of the panel and how it operates.
    QLED is Samsung's competition to OLED screens.

Although the 75MU8000 is one hell of a television.

You could even look at the LG OLED's as they are mind blowing!!!! Purchased a 55" one myself a few months ago.

The 65B7 currently £2799.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202528-oled65b7v.aspx

LG also do a 75SJ955 priced at £3299 - I could offer this at the same price as the 75" Samsung at £3199.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202530-75sj955v.aspx

For the Sonos setup I could offer The Playbar, Sub and Play 3's x2 for £1700

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Himselfe

Hi Kenny

Thanks for that.  I think you've convinced me to go OLED, although I'll have to go with a 65 inch as a 75 inch is just way beyond my budget.

I had a look at the 65B7 at the weekend in another store and it looks the part.  They also had the 65C7 on display which is the same panel but a much nicer finish.  Do you have this model?  

Could you give me an all-in price for each of these 2 options:

1. The full Sonos package mentioned above with the 65B7/65C7 (if available). 

2. The Sonos playbar and sub with the 65B7/65C7.

I intend on purchasing with from you as my current setup, which I got from yourselves almost 10 years ago, has never given me a spot of bother.  You'll have to stop selling such good gear or it could be another 10 years before I come back!

Thanks

Hi Kenny

Thanks for that.  I think you've convinced me to go OLED, although I'll have to go with a 65 inch as a 75 inch is just way beyond my budget.

I had a look at the 65B7 at the weekend in another store and it looks the part.  They also had the 65C7 on display which is the same panel but a much nicer finish.  Do you have this model?  

Could you give me an all-in price for each of these 2 options:

1. The full Sonos package mentioned above with the 65B7/65C7 (if available). 

2. The Sonos playbar and sub with the 65B7/65C7.

I intend on purchasing with from you as my current setup, which I got from yourselves almost 10 years ago, has never given me a spot of bother.  You'll have to stop selling such good gear or it could be another 10 years before I come back!

Thanks
    Hi Himselfe.

Fingers crossed that you will get another 10 years out of any new purchases.

OLED is the way forward :)

For the 65B7 with the Sonos 5.1 you would be looking at £4279.00 delivered.
    With the 65C7 you wouls be looking at £4399.00

If we drop the Play 3's out.
    65B7 with Playbar and sub would come to £3799.00
    The 65C7, plsybar and sub would be £3919.00.

At the moment however we are out of stock on the C series and we are still waiting on an ETA for them.

Let me know your thoughts.

I'd like to go with the full package, the Sonos 5.1 and the 65C7V. However I think I prefer the C series version, its just so much nicer to look at, even when its off!  I think its worth the extra £120.  Could you keep me posted on when this may come back into stock?  Or I suppose I could contact you again in a week or so?

I'd like to go with the full package, the Sonos 5.1 and the 65C7V.  However I think I prefer the C series version, its just so much nicer to look at, even when its off!  I think its worth the extra £120.  Could you keep me posted on when this may come back into stock?  Or I suppose I could contact you again in a week or so?
    Hi Himselfe.

I've done some checking are there are less than 10 due in with them very shortly.

If you are happy enough to go ahead drop me your address in a PM and I can get one held at our warehouse as I don't expect the 10 to hang around very long.

EDIT - 5 of the 65C7's have just arrived in with our main warehouse.

• Advertisement

PM Sent

PM Sent
    We'll be in touch asap.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.