Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMessage activation

Options
  • 20-10-2017 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I just moved to an iphone. I have the prepay offer that gets me unlimited calls, texts and data. In return you take all my credit.

No problem.

Why am I being told I need to top up to receive the imessage activation message? And because there's a minimum top up I am basically being charged a fiver to activate imessage (given I don't have anything else to spend the credit on because calls, texts and data are part of my plan).

Help!

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I just moved to an iphone. I have the prepay offer that gets me unlimited calls, texts and data. In return you take all my credit.

No problem.

Why am I being told I need to top up to receive the imessage activation message? And because there's a minimum top up I am basically being charged a fiver to activate imessage (given I don't have anything else to spend the credit on because calls, texts and data are part of my plan).

Help!

Cheers,
    Quad
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. To activate iMessaging, a text would need to be sent to the UK. As a text message has to be sent abroad, you would need credit to activate this service as you'll be charged the price of a text message to the UK.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Why doesn't Eir have that UK number included in all packages so it's free to activate imessage, all the other providers have that number included in all plans so it's free. Is been asked before lots of time and also on Meteor, always the feedback is been that was passed on to another team, but there's no feedback about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

And so it gets better. I moved to Eir last week and got the 20e for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data. So I topped up by 20e instore when I got the sim.

They insisted I needed to pay for the imessage text. So I topped up by a fiver for this on Saturday morning. So a wasted fiver.

Topping up by a fiver has knocked my prepay plan off so I'm being charged for calls and I can't send texts full stop (they fail).

nava wrote: »
    Why doesn't Eir have that UK number included in all packages so it's free to activate imessage, all the other providers have that number included in all plans so it's free. Is been asked before lots of time and also on Meteor, always the feedback is been that was passed on to another team, but there's no feedback about it.
    You would need to be on a plan that has International plans included to have this text message sent for free. 

As iMessaging is a service that is provided by Apple, not by eir, we wouldn't have the text message included in our plans. All feedback that gets passed on to be looked at is handled internally.

- Adam

And so it gets better. I moved to Eir last week and got the 20e for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data. So I topped up by 20e instore when I got the sim.

They insisted I needed to pay for the imessage text. So I topped up by a fiver for this on Saturday morning. So a wasted fiver.

Topping up by a fiver has knocked my prepay plan off so I'm being charged for calls and I can't send texts full stop (they fail).
    Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name please? This shouldn't have changed your plan.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Whatever you do ... do not turn on wifi calling or you will be getting activation texts on a daily basis

It's a bug on Eir/Meteor's side for over 2 months now .... no fix yet ... but the charges keep coming

Advertisement