Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Separate Business Account, different Bank

Options
  • 20-10-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have all my business banking with Bank A
    - 3 company loans, overdraft, credit card. Exposure about €-54,000. no problems with accounts.

I want to open an account with Bank B
    Will they ask for all the above information, would it affect my application to opening an account with them? Will it be hassle? Will they need to know everything about the business?

Business: Limited Company, established 5 years.

Reason: Part of the business is separate and I want to keep it all separate and I dont want to open a separate account with Bank A.

tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

There won't be any issues, your accounts with bank A would only impact your account with bank B if you were looking for credit from bank B.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

Cheers thanks, is it a case of "dont ask, dont tell" ? the setup with Bank A is complex and don't want to go into everything, I dont mind discussing and theres no difficulties just wouldn't want any bearing on the new bank

Straightforward current account, no credit required.. maybe in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

Answer any questions you're asked truthfully. The bank don't care about what arrangements you have with other banks unless you're looking to borrow money.

Look at it this way - you're only going to be storing money with Bank B. If there's no money in the account then you can't spend anything. The bank can't lose here.

Advertisement