Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Vernon WW was Faith, the vigilante slayer.

Eliza-Dushku-tru-calling-1307802-399-500.jpg

Balls! :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    When does the alpha get their first extra kill/conv, I thought it was this morning. If it is this morning, then they must have failed their task or have no logged into the game yet.

This is from the OP
    Leads and guides the vampires through a shared communication room. Can Kill or Convert one villager to the vampire cause each night, providing they complete an on-thread task each day. Some players are immune to conversion and a conversion attempt will fail if they are targeted.

They get their task during the day phase. Would there be a chance that since yesterday wasn't a proper "day" (in that we didn't get a lynch), then they didn't get a task during that phase?

There's also another possibility too; there are several roles who cannot be converted. There could be the possibility they completed their task, tried to convert someone who could not be converted, and we don't get told when there's a failed convert attempt?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Postcounts posted regularly will help us track respawns.

How about we nominate someone to put up the postcounts, would you mind if it wasn't you?

Tigger 35
    Necrominus 35
    Orla WW 34
    Pter 27
    Holly WW 23
    sKeith 18
    Fiona WW 18
    tritium 17
    Mary WW 17
    Nigel WW 17
    The_Valeyard 17
    Katie WW 15
    beakerjoe 15
    Conor WW 14
    Eva WW 14
    Gabriel WW 13
    Strawberry Milkshake 12
    Derry WW 12
    Frank WW 10
    Desmond WW 9
    Vernon WW 9
    Wendy WW 8
    Triceratops Ballet 7
    Winifred WW 6
    Brendan WW 6
    Tegan WW 6
    Gertrude WW 4
    Kolido 4
    Clodagh WW 4
    Riona WW 4
    WerewolfGM 4
    Drumpot 3
    Digital Solitude 3
    Steve WW 3
    Barbara WW 2
    Angus WW 2
    Doris WW 2
    Dan man 2
    Phil WW 2
    Uriel. 1

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    How about we nominate someone to put up the postcounts, would you mind if it wasn't you?

As you wish.

• Advertisement

Orla WW 34
    Holly WW 23
    Fiona WW 18
    Mary WW 17
    Nigel WW 17
    Katie WW 15
    Conor WW 14
    Eva WW 14
    Gabriel WW 13
    Derry WW 12
    Frank WW 10
    Desmond WW 9
    Vernon WW 9
    Wendy WW 8
    Winifred WW 6
    Brendan WW 6
    Tegan WW 6
    Gertrude WW 4
    Clodagh WW 4
    Riona WW 4
    Steve WW 3
    Barbara WW 2
    Angus WW 2
    Doris WW 2
    Phil WW 2

Making it easier to read with just the WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I think the following people haven't posted yet:
    Abigail WW
    Ewan WW
    Henry WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Oisín WW

Could you edit it down to the players please, there's a lot of noise in that table.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    That may be right then, lets get a list of all who haven't posted as of 10.00am today and watch them. Maybe if they are being watched once they get here they will be too scared to perform tasks. SO it will be win win for us.

Orla WW 34
    Holly WW 23
    Fiona WW 18
    Mary WW 17
    Nigel WW 17
    Katie WW 15
    Conor WW 14
    Eva WW 14
    Gabriel WW 13
    Derry WW 12
    Wendy WW 8
    Winifred WW 6
    Brendan WW 6
    Tegan WW 6
    Gertrude WW 4
    Clodagh WW 4
    Riona WW 4
    Drumpot 3
    Steve WW 3
    Barbara WW 2
    Angus WW 2
    Doris WW 2
    Phil WW 2

we still have a big enough no show list

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Its a bit far out, but is it possible Oz / Frank was a Wolf?

His dead notice said he was a depressed Werewolf.

Now I dont watch the show but Can we have a Berzerker thats a bad guy?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    This is from the OP

They get their task during the day phase. Would there be a chance that since yesterday wasn't a proper "day" (in that we didn't get a lynch), then they didn't get a task during that phase?

There's also another possibility too; there are several roles who cannot be converted. There could be the possibility they completed their task, tried to convert someone who could not be converted, and we don't get told when there's a failed convert attempt?

Both very true

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Id imagine Oz/Frank would have to be good, it wouldn't make sense would it for him to be bad, kill a goodie and then die as a result.

Ok and can someone else post the next one ad infinatium ad naseum?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

We need to get talking at the very least. Thos ein the low post numbers need to engage with the group. the more voices, the more information we have, and the more chance people can slip up

#WWTASK

the only thing resembling a task I can see so far is Orla posting a post count on their 1st post and has brought up post counts 2 or 3 times since.

Seems strange to do a post count on your first post, anything to say Orla?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Im assuming from the kill notice that the alpha didnt look for the convert or extra kill. If so that means they dont have a task to find yet. That would mean any tasks up to now that we find are adam/xander/tara.

This is from the OP

I thought the mods told us we'd find out if there was a missed conversion.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Im assuming from the kill notice that the alpha didnt look for the convert or extra kill. If so that means they dont have a task to find yet. That would mean any tasks up to now that we find are adam/xander/tara.

I dunno if we can read into flavour like that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Its a bit far out, but is it possible Oz / Frank was a Wolf?

His dead notice said he was a depressed Werewolf.

Now I dont watch the show but Can we have a Berzerker thats a bad guy?

Highly unlikely. It's too powerful a role to give to a wolf. It would unbalance the game. #metagaming

I think we have 3 dead villagers. That leaves 4 vampires, an Adam serial killer, 5 rolled villagers plus tara and prof walsh and some amount of non-rolled villagers.
    Hmm just thinking, will the prof walsh role mess up the seer checks? Although the alpha wolf getting to convert will mess that up anyway because anyone (apart from the RV's) can be converted. The seer really is a bit of a poisoned chalice in this game. Like in previous worlds, their information is tainted by the possibility of conversions which makes them less likely to be believed. Although they can't be converted and the roles are revealed on death so its highly unlikely that any wolf would try to claim the seer role.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I thought the mods told us we'd find out if there was a missed conversion.

Its not in the OP, that I can see.

• Advertisement

it might have been clarified in the q&a portion of the thread

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

That makes sense to me.

Looking back on Desmond/Franks and Vernons posts doesnt bring much in terms of leads.

The wolves have had it easy so far. 1 goodie hitting another goodie and killing himself, plus hitting the Vig.

Just checked the Q&As.

We'll be told if theres a successful conversion, attacks will be announced on thread

Nothing specifically about unsuccessful conversions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    That may be right then, lets get a list of all who haven't posted as of 10.00am today and watch them. Maybe if they are being watched once they get here they will be too scared to perform tasks. SO it will be win win for us.

We wouldn't want to concentrate only on those who haven't posted though would we?

Imagine if we were deliberately steered towards looking at only those who hadn't.posted so far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I’m here. Just read last couple of pages so touching base. Going to start at beginning now

Steve WW wrote: »
    That makes sense to me.

Looking back on Desmond/Franks and Vernons posts doesnt bring much in terms of leads.

The wolves have had it easy so far. 1 goodie hitting another goodie and killing himself, plus hitting the Vig.

Very easy start for them, I still don't understand how they picked Vernon, there was nothing in the posts to suggest they were Faith, maybe it was a complete shot in the dark, if it was they really are getting all of the luck.

Will we be told if theres a successful conversion? Conversion attempt?
    Yep.
    From the Q & A, I'd take from this that failed attempts are announced.

So either they don't start until tomorrow or the alpha failed/no showed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

tritium wrote: »
    Will we be told if theres a successful conversion? Conversion attempt?

Wheres Glory hiding out? :D
    Pter wrote: »
    Yep.

Necro put her in a hole. A glory hole.

FYI

Fiona WW wrote: »
    #WWTASK

the only thing resembling a task I can see so far is Orla posting a post count on their 1st post and has brought up post counts 2 or 3 times since.

Seems strange to do a post count on your first post, anything to say Orla?

Hoisted it seems by my own petard.:) No tasks were completed yesterday so what i did couldn't be a task. I have explained the logic as to limiting the tasks in order to increase their diffuculty for the evils and I proposed the system of going back over a previous tast window's duration once a sucessful task was announced and tagging it in the manner you did.
    Some serious amount of misdirecion and Occams Razor would suggest that I'm simply attempting to act in the best interests of the village.
    While I am not able to say with 100% certitude that I would re-spawn I believe that if i were to be murdered before the innevitable mass hysteria that will consumate as the killing of likley an innocent villager, well at least I would have the comfort of knowing that upon my death my accusers and those that squirmed at my logic would find themselves one step closer to their innevitable demise.

By all means tag me as w w t a s k but not in isolation more simply as one of many served upnfor debate and discussion.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I’m here. Just read last couple of pages so touching base. Going to start at beginning now

Doubtless a respawn, one muses upon the amount of thought the Gods put to the detail of this game and postulates that Abigail is in fact truley random even so.

Advertisement