Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    We wouldn't want to concentrate only on those who haven't posted though would we?

Imagine if we were deliberately steered towards looking at only those who hadn't.posted so far.

It was ONLY to watch for tasks! someone suggested it and I said we can keep an eye out and maybe they will be scared to do a task with us watching. that is not steering, I think it is being sensible tbh. I am *hoping* we can hold off a conversion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

hey Orla, I don't understand your last two post, can you plain English them for the non bookish amongst us?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    From the Q & A, I'd take from this that failed attempts are announced.

So either they don't start until tomorrow or the alpha failed/no showed

Or the Alpha got a task but decided it would expose him too easily, especially after the goodies were told not to bother with theirs.

I'd write off the possibility that the Alpha was in the no-shows, but accept its probably likely he did not do his task, for one reason or another. As such, I'm willing to not waste time looking for a task.

I am, on the other hand, keepin an eye on who feels like they are posting conversations that feel rehearsed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    hey Orla, I don't understand your last two post, can you plain English them for the non bookish amongst us?

I will one you have both addressed me with the respect and serviced me with the platitudes according such a requirement.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I will one you have both addressed me with the respect and serviced me with the platitudes according such a requirement.

In all fairness why are you talking like this? You're either trying too hard to sound like a Giles type character or you are trying to sound so intelligent it'll put people off trying to sniff you out as a baddie.

• Advertisement

If you're looking for someone to service you, you can look elsewhere

So you won't help us in understanding? you just don't want to engage?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. It's too powerful a role to give to a wolf. It would unbalance the game. #metagaming

I think we have 3 dead villagers. That leaves 4 vampires, an Adam serial killer, 5 rolled villagers plus tara and prof walsh and some amount of non-rolled villagers.

Id be inclined to believe the same, but you just never know right. Its highly unlikely I agree, but the fact that Oz is a werewolf just bothered me.

At least Faith cant be turned or kill a villager.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Id be inclined to believe the same, but you just never know right. Its highly unlikely I agree, but the fact that Oz is a werewolf just bothered me.

At least Faith cant be turned or kill a villager.

Oz may be a werewolf but he was always solidly a member of Team Buffy. I'd have very little doubt in my mind that he was #TeamGood.

Derry WW wrote: »
    In all fairness why are you talking like this? You're either trying too hard to sound like a Giles type character or you are trying to sound so intelligent it'll put people off trying to sniff you out as a baddie.

Could it be a task to talk like this?

I dunno if we can read into flavour like that

I think we can speculate at the very least. Clues can be found in death notices etc...

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    I think we can speculate at the very least. Clues can be found in death notices etc...

it could be, I'm just pointing out the possibility that it's just flavour. We don't want to get stuck convinced that there was no task or attempt to convert and stop being vigilant

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Oz may be a werewolf but he was always solidly a member of Team Buffy. I'd have very little doubt in my mind that he was #TeamGood.

Im inclined to go with that based on teh fact he was a berserker and the more I think of it I cant help but think an evil beserker is a bad idea.

Derry WW wrote: »

Acually I'm try to differentiate my posts from those around as people seem to find diffulculty in linking a voice to a name in this format.
    Look for tasks and tag them, If you are a good player don't perform a task today and we shall have clarity if any are found.
    My words and advice are solid and I have no problem in sacraficing myself to protect our team, certain as I am of the revalation of my innocnce upon my demise.

I am not the seer but I would suggest they look upon Mary.
    toodle pip.

Could it be a task to talk like this?

Like what exactly, one with a vocabulary greater than a chimp?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

The First rallied its troops for the impending battle.

Vernon WW was outside for a quick smoke, it would prove to be their last. The vampires made an example of this, their first kill to lay down a marker for the war ahead.

Vernon was exsanguinated first, drained of their blood as the vampires feasted gloriously from the main arteries of the body. The First considered converting another to its cause, but decided a message should be sent instead. They left the white corpse disembowelled and hanging from a tree outside their home.

7969127_orig.jpg

Vernon WW has been killed by the vampires

morning folks. after reading this it is clear that the alpha vampire did their task, and decided on a kill rather than a convert.
    seeing as there was only 1 kill, i think that the bg (or potentailly another hidden role) got in a protect?

thats my reading of it. are there any other plausible scenarios?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    It was ONLY to watch for tasks! someone suggested it and I said we can keep an eye out and maybe they will be scared to do a task with us watching. that is not steering, I think it is being sensible tbh. I am *hoping* we can hold off a conversion.

Yeah it was steering, and you are a vampire.

Like what exactly, one with a vocabulary greater than a chimp?

or to post x number of post filled with pure condescension, and refuse to engage in discussion about them?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Conor WW wrote: »

Those not posting or low posting should just come out and have a chat with the gang at the very least.

If you're looking for someone to service you, you can look elsewhere

So you won't help us in understanding? you just don't want to engage?

I have engaged the most and made the most inciteful posts and suggestions towards good strategy. If you need translation kindly quote what you cannot fathom and announce your approximate reading age that I might retard my proclimations an appropriate degree.

Yeah it was steering, and you are a vampire.

Bren, what has you so sure.

Conor, lets get away from the low posters for now, lets me and you have a chat

Pull up a chair. Whats your read on the game thus far?

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    morning folks. after reading this it is clear that the alpha vampire did their task, and decided on a kill rather than a convert.
    seeing as there was only 1 kill, i think that the bg (or potentailly another hidden role) got in a protect?

The kill was the slaughter mentioned in the OP. The vamps get a kill ever night. The First either didn't have the opportunity or the inclination to perform a task and earn what would have been a second Kill or a Convert.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Bren, what has you so sure.

Conor, lets get away from the low posters for now, lets me and you have a chat

Pull up a chair. Whats your read on the game thus far?

Whats your read Holly Valance?

Dont forget we have a SK kill after / during lynch.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Or the Alpha got a task but decided it would expose him too easily, especially after the goodies were told not to bother with theirs.

I'd write off the possibility that the Alpha was in the no-shows, but accept its probably likely he did not do his task, for one reason or another. As such, I'm willing to not waste time looking for a task.

I am, on the other hand, keepin an eye on who feels like they are posting conversations that feel rehearsed

The Alpha most likely did the task, then deliberately didn't convert so it appears it's not done.
    Then get the vamps out to steer the thread into looking for a task today that's already done yesterday, stupid village will trot along tie itself up in knots looking for it.

The Alpha most likely did the task, then deliberately didn't convert so it appears it's not done.
    Then get the vamps out to steer the thread into looking for a task today that's already done yesterday, stupid village will trot along tie itself up in knots looking for it.

Why would he bother doing a task not to perform it?

Obviously it depend son how easy said task was I suppose.

I have engaged the most and made the most inciteful posts and suggestions towards good strategy. If you need translation kindly quote what you cannot fathom and announce your approximate reading age that I might retard my proclimations an appropriate degree.

What I can't fathom is why you're being wilfully obtuse? You have changed your tone and that is odd, I can't be the only one who thinks it, and so I'm asking why? You're the one who told us to look for tasks so I'm looking. You're throwing out condescending barbs at anyone who dares question you, in an effort to not engage.

So tell me, are you the one completing the task, or are you providing cover for someone else who is?

Beware of anyone trying to keep the whole thread on tasks, a small.psrt of the game.

Conor is a vampire, couple more suspects there too

Doris WW wrote: »

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Vernon WW was outside for a quick smoke, it would prove to be their last. The vampires made an example of this, their first kill to lay down a marker for the war ahead.

Vernon was exsanguinated first, drained of their blood as the vampires feasted gloriously from the main arteries of the body. The First considered converting another to its cause, but decided a message should be sent instead. They left the white corpse disembowelled and hanging from a tree outside their home.

I'd break down the announcement to two key points....

* "The vampires made an example of this, their first kill to lay down a marker for the war ahead. " - This states that the kill was your standard kill, their first one of the game.

* "The First considered converting another to its cause, but decided a message should be sent instead." - This, to me, suggests the Alpha did not achieve his task, either because he failed or he did not try, and so did not get a kill or convert.

This might sound wolfy,

But If I was a wolf Id keep my trap shut from now. Let the village throw shyte and see what sticks that suits them. Everyone should get talking now at the least.

Everyone should try engage to a positive degree and see what people say.

Then maybe at 4 we should do FFAs and see where we are

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

The kill was the slaughter mentioned in the OP. The vamps get a kill ever night. The First either didn't have the opportunity or the inclination to perform a task and earn what would have been a second Kill or a Convert.

but why does it say:

the First considered converting another to its cause, but decided a message should be sent instead.

Advertisement