Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I've literally only been able to read about 4 posts in 600....

Katie is a wolf. Or vampire. Or whatever we're calling them these days :P

So did you pick 4 of my posts then or something? You may want to read the rest of the thread. There's way more interesting stuff going on than me.
    I think the post you quoted and your confidence that I'm a wolf/vampire don't compute. Anything else you wanna say to back up your claim?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I call everyone by a nickname Katie Price

Fair enough, I said it was tenuous.

Also Katie Hopkins would be better than Katie Price ffs. Anyone but her!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

There's something about Holly's posts in the run up to the conversion that's setting off alarm bells in my head, but I can't figure out why. It's like something is sitting right there, but I can't work it out. I'm studying her posts and something just feels wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

MOD NOTE

Lynch form is here, for ease of access and all that.

https://goo.gl/forms/KoqDw6wXWGJOyfG52

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    There's something about Holly's posts in the run up to the conversion that's setting off alarm bells in my head, but I can't figure out why. It's like something is sitting right there, but I can't work it out. I'm studying her posts and something just feels wrong.

Obviously I could have been doing a task but it'd be a weird task to do - the IM BUFFY lark after people doing that had already been highlighted.... but what did stand out to me was Holly pointing this out to everyone, trying to muddy the waters and move focus off herself methinks.

Here Wolfy Wolfy Wolfy :)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

There was a high volume of post in the half hour before conversion, but nothing in the contents is jumping out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Fair enough, I said it was tenuous.

Also Katie Hopkins would be better than Katie Price ffs. Anyone but her!

Apples and Oranges

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Nigel, what set alarm bells off for you? Do tell, lets get our suspicions out in the open with something to back them up

Just so Im clear, if Adam converts Walsh, are they like a wolf team now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

But I don't think it's a lead though. The only players to have tasks are the alpha wolf and the serial killer. I don't think either of them would've been as blatent. I think we would've been informed if the alpha task failed and I don't think the flavour text in the munch this morning means anything. We'll see if Adam gets to convert Prof Walsh after/at the lynch though. But there's nothing we can really do about that now.
    I think 2 villagers tried to pull heat on to themselves by awkwardly claiming the buffy role early in the game. That is after all what villagers are there for. I don't think they're off the hook but I don't think they should be candidates for the lynch tonight.

WWTASK

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Nigel, what set alarm bells off for you? Do tell, lets get our suspicions out in the open with something to back them up

I'm not 100% sure which I know is wish washy.
    I don't like the Buffy thing. I don't like your FFA (the phrasing of it seems weird). And I have a niggling doubt in my mind about you.

Nothing concrete mind, but just something is bugging me big time now.

Orla WW wrote: »
    WWTASK

The mere mention of Walsh could have set the conversion,

Did anyone else mention her or just Katie Perry?

I'm not 100% sure which I know is wish washy.
    I don't like the Buffy thing. I don't like your FFA (the phrasing of it seems weird). And I have a niggling doubt in my mind about you.

Nothing concrete mind, but just something is bugging me big time now.

Wooooooah, stop the horse Naughty Nigel. Where do you get off with these baseless suspicions?

What was wrong exactly with my phrasing? Seriously, I wanna hear this.

You trying to tar me with the evil brush with weak reasons.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

The words "convert Professor Walsh"

Has to be it changing my vote to Katie.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Obviously I could have been doing a task but it'd be a weird task to do - the IM BUFFY lark after people doing that had already been highlighted.... but what did stand out to me was Holly pointing this out to everyone, trying to muddy the waters and move focus off herself methinks.

Here Wolfy Wolfy Wolfy :)

Come at me Wendel. You cant go around mimicking my posts without me pointing it out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Wendy WW wrote: »

I wouldn't be so sure.
    Methinks I would be less subtle if that was my game.
    Anyway it's interesting you highlight my choice of words
    Not trying to deflect attention away from yourself?
    An easy way to lessen the chance that you will be lynched.
    Not cool in my books but I don't blame you.
    Guess I should let you know
    Even though you may not believe me
    Lynch form submitted, with your name on it... my bloodlust has been noted :)

I'm just pointing out this post spells out I'm An Angel.

Derry WW wrote: »
    And Wendy says Im muddying the waters..... Oh Wendel ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Highly unlikely. It's too powerful a role to give to a wolf. It would unbalance the game. #metagaming

I think we have 3 dead villagers. That leaves 4 vampires, an Adam serial killer, 5 rolled villagers plus tara and prof walsh and some amount of non-rolled villagers.
    Hmm just thinking, will the prof walsh role mess up the seer checks? Although the alpha wolf getting to convert will mess that up anyway because anyone (apart from the RV's) can be converted. The seer really is a bit of a poisoned chalice in this game. Like in previous worlds, their information is tainted by the possibility of conversions which makes them less likely to be believed. Although they can't be converted and the roles are revealed on death so its highly unlikely that any wolf would try to claim the seer role.
    But I don't think it's a lead though. The only players to have tasks are the alpha wolf and the serial killer. I don't think either of them would've been as blatent. I think we would've been informed if the alpha task failed and I don't think the flavour text in the munch this morning means anything. We'll see if Adam gets to convert Prof Walsh after/at the lynch though. But there's nothing we can really do about that now.
    I think 2 villagers tried to pull heat on to themselves by awkwardly claiming the buffy role early in the game. That is after all what villagers are there for. I don't think they're off the hook but I don't think they should be candidates for the lynch tonight.

Could be on to something, the above 2 are the first I can find since game began.

It's not a very cryptic task though, naming game characters.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Could be on to something, the above 2 are the first I can find since game began.

It's not a very cryptic task though, naming game characters.

Maybe its mentioning the characters name a set amount of times. Seems very light though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

A lot to catch up on for me, I'll be reading for the next hour or two by the looks of it!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Jaysus, all these crafty beggers! That's next level thinking, is everyone spelling sh1t with their first letters?!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I need to go to specsavers. Keep missing the blatantly obvious.

Wooooooah, stop the horse Naughty Nigel. Where do you get off with these baseless suspicions?

What was wrong exactly with my phrasing? Seriously, I wanna hear this.

You trying to tar me with the evil brush with weak reasons.....

Huh. That's quite a reaction considering even I admit my accusations are very light weight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Jaysus, all these crafty beggers! That's next level thinking, is everyone spelling sh1t with their first letters?!!

Yea there is a lot of it but how much of it is task related, or baddies trying to pass as goodies so they avoid a lynch and other baddies just jumping on the bandwagon to add to the confusion.

Huh. That's quite a reaction considering even I admit my accusations are very light weight.

Yet, they are very light weight yet you make them anyway. Call me unusual, but I don't appreciate people trying to make baseless accusations against me

Yea there is a lot of it but how much of it is task related, or baddies trying to pass as goodies so they avoid a lynch and other baddies just jumping on the bandwagon to add to the confusion.

Id guess a lot are the latter. IE Wendel Wolf

Yet, they are very light weight yet you make them anyway. Call me unusual, but I don't appreciate people trying to make baseless accusations against me

You're new to Sunnyvale, aren't you?

Guys, I have my reasons for my B-U-F-F-Y

I did them all on day zero and in time you will see my reasons.

Thought about the Adam task.

Trying to get an ally like that shouldn't be as easy as going "convert blah blah". Otherwise, it was going to take place very quickly always.

I'd take a guess that it's possible Adam's task involved manipulating others into saying or doing something, and that we triggered his power quite quickly somehow?

• Advertisement

You're new to Sunnyvale, aren't you?

Incorrect.

Don't try deflect your actions Nigel, you wouldn't want me to think your a wolf now would you?

Advertisement