Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    And Wendy says Im muddying the waters..... Oh Wendel ;)

yay I have a nickname but Wendel
    tumblr_m1ikv5nEq01qihsweo4_250.gif

the only wendel I know is from the Simpsons

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I didnt, I sat on it when I spotted it yesterday.

But when Angus mentioned the First Evil might be claiming Buffy, as they appartently did in the TV show, it got me thinking that maybe I caught an Alpha.

Sharing is caring

Ah ok, I don't know the show so had no idea.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Also, how do you know what a bad guy, would or wouldnt be asked to do?

If I was a mod I wouldn't get them to write that. That is where I am coming from. Would be something more towards the evil side like spell DRACULA or ALUCARD or something. Just my thoughts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Thought about the Adam task.

Trying to get an ally like that shouldn't be as easy as going "convert blah blah". Otherwise, it was going to take place very quickly always.

I'd take a guess that it's possible Adam's task involved manipulating others into saying or doing something, and that we triggered his power quite quickly somehow?

About time you talked some sense.

The mention of Walsh is just weak. Adams challenge would be more difficult surely. The posts leading up to the convert triggered it surely, I cant see anything in them though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Thought about the Adam task.

Trying to get an ally like that shouldn't be as easy as going "convert blah blah". Otherwise, it was going to take place very quickly always.

I'd take a guess that it's possible Adam's task involved manipulating others into saying or doing something, and that we triggered his power quite quickly somehow?

Its easy to do, it's hard to get away with.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Conor WW wrote: »

If I was a mod I wouldn't get them to write that. That is where I am coming from. Would be something more towards the evil side like spell DRACULA or ALUCARD or something. Just my thoughts.

Or the Count from seasame street?

Wan, two, three. Three post counts posted, a ha ha...

• Advertisement

How important is it to be itk about Buffy? There may be some nods to it but given how many people have said they are not experts on the show I wouldn't imagine it would be vital for most tasks to know all the inner most details of the show.

Could be way off base there though.

Seems there are a lot of quiet posters at the moment and the more talkative ones may be just beinging heat on themselves... or of course they could be dirtah wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Lets not try debunking task theories based on there easiness. The posts up to the hour before the conversion are surely where the trigger lies. I cant find one though.

As a non fan of Buffy, I have no idea of the characters of the show, esp Adam and Walsh.

A quick google search gives me this on Adam
    Adam is a fictional character in the fourth season of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Portrayed by George Hertzberg, he is a monster created from a man and the collected parts of demons, vampires, and technology: the product of a perverse experiment carried out by military scientists. The series' main character, Buffy Summers, encounters and ultimately defeats him in the fourth season. Adam is the creation of Dr. Maggie Walsh (Lindsay Crouse), the head of a military-like organization called The Initiative that studies how to alter the harmful behavior inherent to demons. Adam and the Initiative are the fourth season's primary antagonists, or Big Bad.

Maybe Maggie or Initiative were spelt out somewhere. Or Big Bad

With so many Buffy claims also, are there any episodes she faces an evil verison or clone of herself. Maybe that explains the BUFFY posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mod Announcement:

Unfortunately we say goodbye to one of our citizens today in Phil, who is departing Sunnydale on a one way ticket stating - 'I can't deal with this sh1t anymore!' Youse are all a bunch of nutjobs!

tenor.gif?itemid=3320482

Phil was a
    NRV

Bye Phil.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Mod Announcement:

Unfortunately we say goodbye to one of our citizens today in Phil, who is departing Sunnydale on a one way ticket stating - 'I can't deal with this sh1t anymore!' Youse are all a bunch of nutjobs!

tenor.gif?itemid=3320482

Phil was a
    NRV

Bye Phil.

Will there be a replacement? Or game balancing some how?

Give Buffy a 4th power perhaps :)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Mod Announcement:

Phil was a
    NRV

Bye Phil.

huh?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Mod Announcement:

tenor.gif?itemid=3320482

Phil was a
    NRV

Bye Phil.

Last re-spawn killed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Are these real deaths or just getting rid of the extra accounts?

Are these real deaths or just getting rid of the extra accounts?

Would be curious about this too although I dunno if we would be told if they were just being killed off for the effect of enhancing the game through drama (which telling us would remove).

If it was a real death due to something like someone saying they changed their mind, I would not be against respawning one of the Villagers killed so far in their place (almost feels like the ones dead before the first lynching didn't really get to play).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Hi all,

I just got off the bus. Anyone know where I can get a nice pint of lukewarm bl.........I mean Guinness

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Hi all,

I just got off the bus. Anyone know where I can get a nice pint of lukewarm bl.........I mean Guinness

low on iron eh?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Mod Announcement:

tenor.gif?itemid=3320482

Phil was a
    NRV

Bye Phil.

Phil is right there anyway, village is full of nutjobs

No pressure village, but we need to lynch a baddie tonight, getting battered thus far

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW - secret roled villager. killed by Frank the beserker
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW - secret roled beserker. Killed himself because of Desmond
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisín WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW - nrv modkilled
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW - Faith munched morning 1
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Huh. I had a quick check back coz I was sure that someone else must've mentioned the Adam converting Walsh thing. But apparently not. Bugger. That really doesn't look good for me. I got nothing to counter the argument though, I was thinking through the mechanics of the Seer role out loud. That's it.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    low on iron eh?

Indeed. Feeling rather weak at the knees wandering through this delightful hellmouth

low on iron eh?

Low on intelligence coming to live in this place.

Has everyone posted now? Hard to check on phone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I have Ewan, Jake and Oisin still AWOL

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Potential task since after munch today?

Katie WW wrote: »
    Not that much to look at really. I think the vamps just got lucky. :mad:

Quotes every post from first player munched
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Ok and can someone else post the next one ad infinatium ad naseum?

Uses Latin
    Actually edit isn't an option for posts in this thread, it probably needs a real mod

....not that you guys aren't real mods, I totally respect your modlliness.......

can I have a crossbow?

Asks for a weapon.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Potential task since after munch today?

Quotes every post from first player munched

Uses Latin

Asks for a weapon.

Is Latin part of the Adam or Walsh characters? I cant see anything on the wiki pages.

There is nothing to say the task had to be completed in the posts before the conversion. Could,ve taken place anytime.

It would actually be silly to have it shortly after the task, makes it easy for even a useless village to find it.

That’s the spirit, Brendan.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    There is nothing to say the task had to be completed in the posts before the conversion. Could,ve taken place anytime.

It would actually be silly to have it shortly after the task, makes it easy for even a useless village to find it.

I will keep looking through the posts in the hour prior to the convert,

Lets rule nothing out.

• Advertisement

Brendan WW wrote: »

It depends on the task and we haven't a clue what to look for exactly. Needle in a haystack

Advertisement