Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I will keep looking through the posts in the hour prior to the convert,

Lets rule nothing out.

They've been done to death already.

What makes you think you can find something new?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    They've been done to death already.

What makes you think you can find something new?

Has it? I only recently found out what Big Bad, initiative and Maggie were in relation to the characters of Adam and Walsh. I havent finished going through them yet.

Besides Ive nothing better to do, no other leads to go on.

My theory would be that as soon as a task was completed, the turn wopuld happen. Its the risk of doing the task no?

You trying to steer me away from something?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I know there are certain undead characters in this show, but my god they cant be deader than this thread.

We wont catch any wolves by staying silent

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Mary’s silence speaks volumes.

Brendan ignored my post quoting him.

Its 4 bells, a good time for FFAs?

Bren, you fancy an FFA?

• Advertisement

Ill lead the way

Hollys #FFA1

1. Mary
    2. Wendy
    3. Orla

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Good afternoon everyone. Another spirit world kept me occupied today. Having read through the many, many, many pages of messages, i can conclude that we are indeed not on any solid footing. Suppose this is the usual with first night 'ffas'?
    My concern, presently is those early high posters and equally the very low posters (possibly myself in the latter). Are the high posters frequently chatting to drown out reason and discourse and are thr low posters hiding in shadows, hoping to avoid detection?

Guys gonna have to start throwing out some FFAs soon. It would be good to have a suspect list early evening giving us a few hours for their responses.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ah ok, I don't know the show so had no idea.

If I was a mod I wouldn't get them to write that. That is where I am coming from. Would be something more towards the evil side like spell DRACULA or ALUCARD or something. Just my thoughts.

all this talk of tasks, the perfect opportunity to hide in plain sight.

what say you conor?

ps: the above alliteration is not a task

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

So who are we thinking for the lynch for later on? Orla & Mary both seem dodgy earlier and Mary has dropped off a bit since the questioning started.

And Wendy's I AM ANGEL post is screaming either task or misdirection by a baddie.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Good afternoon everyone. Another spirit world kept me occupied today. Having read through the many, many, many pages of messages, i can conclude that we are indeed not on any solid footing. Suppose this is the usual with first night 'ffas'?
    My concern, presently is those early high posters and equally the very low posters (possibly myself in the latter). Are the high posters frequently chatting to drown out reason and discourse and are thr low posters hiding in shadows, hoping to avoid detection?

could be both winnie. if there are villagers arguing the wolves would probably lay low to see how **** pans out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Abigail WW wrote: »

Does it really? Speak what kind of volumes? That I've got work to do and can't be spending all day posting here. Go away with yourself.

It's a waste, but feel free to lynch me tonight, thankfully you don't have to wait to find out your mistake post lynch. Holly and Orla seem so sure and are quick to jump on things, why? Poor villager play or baddies, looking for easy cover.

I'm definitely bad because I spelled buffy in my posts? Weird basis for being so sure

Holly WW wrote: »
    I know there are certain undead characters in this show, but my god they cant be deader than this thread.

We wont catch any wolves by staying silent

How many more times you gonna mention how quiet it is?

Abigail WW wrote: »

What post?

Holly WW wrote: »
    Its 4 bells, a good time for FFAs?

Bren, you fancy an FFA?

I will when I feel like it.

My amended #FFA1

Mary - the Buffy posts and silence since
    Brendan - dodgy mcdodgyson from dodgyville
    Wendy - if they had a good role, they wouldn’t put themselves in the position they did with the I’m Buffy / I’m Angel posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Does it really? Speak what kind of volumes? That I've got work to do and can't be spending all day posting here. Go away with yourself.

It's a waste, but feel free to lynch me tonight, thankfully you don't have to wait to find out your mistake post lynch. Holly and Orla seem so sure and are quick to jump on things, why? Poor villager play or baddies, looking for easy cover.

I'm definitely bad because I spelled buffy in my posts? Weird basis for being so sure

I may have missed it, but did you say why you did the buffy thing?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Clodagh #FFA1

1. Orla
    2. Mary
    3. I haven't got the foggiest

I will when I feel like it.

Well lets be a good village man and come out with your thoughts. You dont want to be accused of Bandwagoning do you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

#FFA
    Holly
    Mary
    Orla

Having read through all the posts in the last hour my FFA is based on the following

Mary and Holly
    The I am Buffy thing sets of the alarm bells Really, seems like a task and to be honest and I wouldn't have noticed it except for it being pointed out. I think it's too obvious on day 0/1 for a good team task and the way the village has taken a pounding so far it would have me worried.

Orla has made the list due to posting style really, I've little else substance at the moment but the style of posting made me wary. Feels like trying to ruffle feathers which isn't a bad thing but a little too forced for me.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

My #FFA01

Katie - serial killer - posted (convert Professor Walsh) in order to do so, this is a task that was done before and without saying more it is highly likely in my opinion.
    Mary - wolf - tried to pocket me and basically hasn't made any effort to catch or help and I'd be confident in this as well.

Of the two I would go with Katie.

On a separate note I'm expecting the First to attempt the task today as well, probably in the post-work pre-lynch hussel so looking for something in that would be a good idea.

What post?

Sorry Brendan, it was such a small post I can see how you easily missed it.

Posted sun @21:18
    Quote: Brendan WW
    Evening folks, anything exciting happening? Haven't got to read yet.

@21:29
    Did you catch up in ten mins?
    Yeah? Death already!
    Cool.

@22:04
    Unless the newbie was the victim!

Talking about tasks
    Could be obfuscation.

A vampire ) trying to appear like they are completing a task, all the vamps might do it to hide the real task

Clever, didn’t think of that
    Voting results will tell how many players there are in the game

Trying to be helpful to a possible goodie?
    How about we nominate someone to put up the postcounts, would you mind if it wasn't you?

Would it put a dampener on your teams strategy if we did?
    We wouldn't want to concentrate only on those who haven't posted though would we?

Imagine if we were deliberately steered towards looking at only those who hadn't.posted so far.

Why so certain? Only wolf team know with certainty who’s bad.
    Yeah it was steering, and you are a vampire.

The alpha can kill or convert on top of their normal munch and you think they would give up that opportunity? Oh, there’s that “steer” word again. Hmmmm
    The Alpha most likely did the task, then deliberately didn't convert so it appears it's not done.
    Then get the vamps out to steer the thread into looking for a task today that's already done yesterday, stupid village will trot along tie itself up in knots looking for it.

Close your eyes village whilst we complete our task.
    Beware of anyone trying to keep the whole thread on tasks, a small.psrt of the game.

Conor is a vampire, couple more suspects there too

What do you mean you can see where Brendan’s coming from? He called you a vampire!
    Quote: Conor WW
    Also I can see where Brendan is coming from. We need to stop talking about the tasks for sure and IF anyone spots something THEN bring it up. But it is really hard to not think about when we would love to catch the alpha doing a task and stopping conversions right at the start.

But I wont mention them again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

#FFA1

Holly
    Mary
    Orla

Butnleaning very heavily on the first two.

Holly overreacted, imo, to my vague accusations. Mary has gone very quiet as if they are staying under the radar.

Orla, my suspicions are based on early posting style, posting the post counts over and over, general noise making and calling out very minor things. But that's way below my suspicions of the other two, and to be honest, I'd probably just do the two names.

Steves FFA1

1. Mary
    2. Angus
    3. Wendy

Not certain of guilt on any of these but you gotta start somewhere.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Wendy #FFA1

1. Mary
    2. Orla
    3. Holly

but and I can't stress this enough I honestly think most wolves are probably not the talkative ones on the thread atm. The above are probably good beacuse...

If I were a wolf (and some may think I am) I would probably be laying low at this early stage and have the good guys take each other out. The more talkative ones are bringing heat on themselves in many ways including when they suddenly stop being talkative, which can happen due to real life things as Mary eluded to, not that one could trust that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What does FFA actually stand for? I know this is probably an silly Q, but having a brain fart of a day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Who are you again?

Orla WW wrote: »
    My #FFA01

Katie - serial killer - posted (convert Professor Walsh) in order to do so, this is a task that was done before and without saying more it is highly likely in my opinion.
    Mary - wolf - tried to pocket me and basically hasn't made any effort to catch or help and I'd be confident in this as well.

Of the two I would go with Katie.

On a separate note I'm expecting the First to attempt the task today as well, probably in the post-work pre-lynch hussel so looking for something in that would be a good idea.

Sorry Orla but what do you mean?

your expecting Katie to attempt a task or you expected her?

The convert happened so Im guessing you mispelled here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

#FFA1
    Holly
    Mary
    Abigail

Heading out the door so this is quick but Holly was oddly snippy about the buffy thing earlier. I think it's likely one of Holly/Mary are a wolf hiding. Holly would be my bet until we hear more from Mary.
    Abigail just suited the timing of the adam conversion. She comes on, makes a few posts and almost immediately we get a conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

LOL Vale!

Advertisement