Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    fair point agnus. it specifically says no grammar:

TASKS ON-THREAD, BUT THEY WILL NOT INVOLVE MEMES, GIFS, VIDEOS OR ANY GRAMMATICAL BASED TASKS (ie mis-spelling etc)

or you could have purposefully did this to throw us off?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    fair point agnus. it specifically says no grammar:

TASKS ON-THREAD, BUT THEY WILL NOT INVOLVE MEMES, GIFS, VIDEOS OR ANY GRAMMATICAL BASED TASKS (ie mis-spelling etc)

I did not consider this fact.
    I had voted Angus based on Steves 'discovery'.
    But now, this makes me question that decision.
    I am in a predicament as to whether Angus is indeed a ragamuffin or just got an innocent who got caught up in conspiracy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch form as requested

https://goo.gl/forms/2xUrkWbGnpxNIEXE2

(Curse you all for making me break my silence with no one else about)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I asked this earlier but how in depth is someones knowledge of the universe we are inhabiting supposed to be?

Maybe it's just me but in the middle of someones post, the first few letters of the words "im not implying that its a task. It could very easily" perhaps co-incidentally spelling out I N I T I A T I V E and the fact that aparently that is the name of a group that appears in the 4th season of the show is not enough for me to lynch someone.

Maybe I shouldn't say this as if people think it is then they won't some after a goodie like me but it just seems like the kinda thing that either is too Buffy centric when not everyone would no all such details or something you could find in others posts if you had literally all the time in the world to check through posts. Speaking of which ill be less active now as I dont have time atm but will at the very least Lynch vote via mobile

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

That wasn't mis-spelled though, it just left out a space. I'm not sure I'd consider that a grammatical error. And it's hugely coincidental if so.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I asked this earlier but how in depth is someones knowledge of the universe we are inhabiting supposed to be?

Maybe it's just me but in the middle of someones post, the first few letters of the words "im not implying that its a task. It could very easily" perhaps co-incidentally spelling out I N I T I A T I V E and the fact that aparently that is the name of a group that appears in the 4th season of the show is not enough for me to lynch someone.

Maybe I shouldn't say this as if people think it is then they won't some after a goodie like me but it just seems like the kinda thing that either is too Buffy centric when not everyone would no all such details or something you could find in others posts if you had literally all the time in the world to check through posts. Speaking of which ill be less active now as I dont have time atm but will at the very least Lynch vote via mobile

The Initiative were The group that made Adam. Who posted that?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Don't be a sore loser when your 100% guaranteed bonafide cannot possibly be wrong theory just got blown the **** up.
    Choke down that humble pie dearie.

There's no point in having a theory If you don't act like you believe in it.

That wasn't mis-spelled though, it just left out a space. I'm not sure I'd consider that a grammatical error. And it's hugely coincidental if so.

Don't be daft.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Can someone link the offending post (unedited) and compare it to Steves posting of it.
    Just to ensure that no foul play or setting up of another poster is at play.

Wendy WW wrote: »

Well assuming that this wasn't a coincidence maybe we should look at all posts?
    For example yours there: M I J M B I T M O S P T F F L O T W I N I T I A T I C V E P C S O A T F...........you get the point tho. It's a huge coincidence that someone would spell out INITIATIVE in a post at all.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Henry Sellers, have you caught up yet?

Join in me aul flower

I already did, id a long drive from Kerry to Dublin so only back on now. My FFA was post earlier!
    Henry WW wrote: »
    #FFA
    Holly
    Mary
    Orla

Having read through all the posts in the last hour my FFA is based on the following

Mary and Holly
    The I am Buffy thing sets of the alarm bells Really, seems like a task and to be honest and I wouldn't have noticed it except for it being pointed out. I think it's too obvious on day 0/1 for a good team task and the way the village has taken a pounding so far it would have me worried.

Orla has made the list due to posting style really, I've little else substance at the moment but the style of posting made me wary. Feels like trying to ruffle feathers which isn't a bad thing but a little too forced for me.

Dunno whether too change based on what I've read so think I might reread some of your posts based on the initiative thing. So many secret tasks with all this spelling out if they are all real and relevant.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Totally incorrect and quite suspicious

2 good tasks : Xander and Tara who should simply not do their tasks yet so we can catch the First

2 Evil tasks: both of which will strengthen the Evil teams.

this has been thanked by a few people already, and if it's the basis of the reason for voting orla i dont like it

Angus WW wrote: »
    No a similar longer message with typos. Hence why i think it might have failed the task. To be clear, for now im not implying that its a task. Itcould very easily be a silly breadcrumb gone wrong, but i think it needs to be diacussed
    This is the post with relevant portion highlighted.

No a similar longer message with typos. Hence why i think it might have failed the task. To be clear, for now im not implying that its a task. Itcould very easily be a silly breadcrumb gone wrong, but i think it needs to be diacussed

Here, click the arrow thingy beside the name to get the actual post.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    The Initiative were The group that made Adam. Who posted that?

Angus did, Steve "found it"

still think if i had the time to look through every sentence in everyones posts id find the first letters spelled out random things like - this is my task - or you know a better example. The grammar issue is another thing for me that makes me think its not the route to go and even if it brings eyes back on people like me i'll happily say that. Yes technically it could be said it wasn't a grammar mistake and instead just a space left out but i doubt having put something like that in the rules the poster would take such a chance if it was really their task by doing so unless of course they messed up acidentally whilst posting this super secret and thought out hidden message.

Was that pre conversion?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Can someone link the offending post (unedited) and compare it to Steves posting of it.
    Just to ensure that no foul play or setting up of another poster is at play.

Yeah hapoy to

Feel free to check the original off my posts too. Its arpund the time id spotted Marys spelling error and i was trying to get a steer on whether to put it out there. It may not be a great post but theres no task being done there and its a bit of a pisstake to try to stretch that it is.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Mod Note:
    A conversion has taken place.
    /Mod Note.

@Nigel yes this was pre-conversion. The post was at 12. 30ish. An hour before the notice.

Ah lads, that's the task.

im not implying that its a task. Itcould very easily
    the it could merging into one word seals it an that's not a spelling error its spell out initiative using the first letter of each word, the words clearly don't have to be spelled right.

Steve is a genius
    However we nee to see if we can find the First Evil's one cos if we do we can kill the alpha before they get to convert.

• Advertisement

To clarify

The Inititive in the show are a group headed by Walsh that creates Adam.

Be honest, is it really that likely you could spell out that long a word by accident?

To clarify

Be honest, is it really that likely you could spell out that long a word by accident?

I can't believe we are even discussing this.

However we nee to see if we can find the First Evil's one cos if we do we can kill the alpha before they get to convert.

The problem is there's the whole day to trawl through for the possible alpha task. Or its been snuck in now in all the noise when we're distracted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Hi all sorry for not getting involved. Signed up for this game thinking it was starting sooner than it was!

Will get caught up and throw in a vote there shortly.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Just posted what I saw, I feel I have to at least share it.

I think its too much of a coincidence myself. Ill be voting Angus

To clarify

And in the relevant window and having to merge two words. The odds are literally astronomical.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Hard work pays off.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

im not implying that its a task. Itcould very easily
    the it could merging into one word seals it an that's not a spelling error its spell out initiative using the first letter of each word, the words clearly don't have to be spelled right.

Steve is a genius

Might be a stupid question, can I ask why you don't think hes the First Evil?

The problem is there's the whole day to trawl through for the possible alpha task. Or its been snuck in now in all the noise when we're distracted.

Ideally we'd break it up into groups, I'll do you and you do me though that's a start.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    FFA on this day is always tough and yes people will pick folk others have if they don't have anyone else to pick themselves. That is because it gets rammed down our throat to do an FFA! nothing to do with bandwagoning and being evil, it is just we are forced to do it when we have very little information.

As for Brendan. he is a wolf/vamp trying to get me killed. Has no solid reasoning for it and I am going to ignore his taunts as I have nothing to hide. I would be more suss of him than me, that's for sure.

Sounds like somethin a baddie would say.....

Advertisement