Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question, can I ask why you don't think hes the First Evil?

The Initiative were directly linked to Adam and Professor Walsh.
    The vampires would probably have a different word to say. The Initiative wouldn't work in the theme for the vampires.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question, can I ask why you don't think hes the First Evil?

You do his posts and see if you can find similar. I can't answer you right now but as say it won't matter if the First gets a conversion in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    The vampires would probably have a different word to say. The Initiative wouldn't work in the theme for the vampires.

Cheers, its been a long time since I've seen the show, makes more sense now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Adam essentially was the initiative...hybrids of humans and demons was what they were working towards. I'm convinced by Steve's spot. First night lynch is always a mess and some.info feels better than none.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I can't believe we are even discussing this.

I can't believe you are dismissing it.

The coincidence that Adam gets his convert an hour after someone literally posted out the word Ininitive is way too much for me to gloss over right now tbh.

You were proposing earlier the task was just to say "convert professor Walsh" which I already said I don't buy. Spelling out that word is way, way more likely to be he task than any other I've seen all day.

Changing my vote to Angus.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Nigel WW wrote: »

The coincidence that Adam gets his convert an hour after someone literally posted out the word Ininitive is way too much for me to gloss over right now tbh.

You were proposing earlier the task was just to say "convert professor Walsh" which I already said I don't buy. Spelling out that word is way, way more likely to be he task than any other I've seen all day.

Nigel I think Orla and you actually agree here. I don't think there's many players here that will disagree that this looks highly suspicious.

Sorry if i wasn't clear I meant its so clearly the task that it needs no discussion.

Sorry if i wasn't clear I meant its so clearly the task that it needs no discussion.

Oh

Well, now I feel stupid

Goodbye Angus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I don't know if some people think it is so clearly the task because it is or because it means people are not voting to lynch them and sure they have nothing better to go on. I would be inclined to not think it is the task and it is a coincidence in a random mix of two sentences in a post but as said it is better than a lot of reasons put forward to Lynch people so even if I don't vote that way at least those who do are basing it on something substantial.

What an incredible move it would be for a wolf to spot such a thing and point it out to all the villagers though.

Ok yes I admit Werewolf is a game that sucks you into all the theorizing and such... really gotta stop posting here for now (busy busy atm)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Nightfall in the village, godspeed everyone. One thing we know, Desmond was good. Not much to gain in his posts so lets hope a wolf takes out an sk.

Thoug

hey holly. this seems like you were going to post a 2nd second sentence. any recollection what it was?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Ive already tried to explain its not a task and that it doesnt work as a task. Unfortunately when the wagon builds on you people dont see that. Thats fine, better to not waste a peek clearing me i don't have a role

Conor would have been my third ffa btw. The dropping in of DRACULA in plain sight was what i couldnt shake but for obvious reasons i havent been able to dig deeper. He may now wish hed waited till the bloodlust was really up in folks

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I don't know if some people think it is so clearly the task because it is or because it means people are not voting to lynch them and sure they have nothing better to go on. I would be inclined to not think it is the task and it is a coincidence in a random mix of two sentences in a post but as said it is better than a lot of reasons put forward to Lynch people so even if I don't vote that way at least those who do are basing it on something substantial.

What an incredible move it would be for a wolf to spot such a thing and point it out to all the villagers though.

Ok yes I admit Werewolf is a game that sucks you into all the theorizing and such... really gotta stop posting here for now (busy busy atm)
    You think too much.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Morning all, checking in
    Slow loading forme and most avatars not appearing. Might be just connection on mobile so will see if wifi is better later
    Im assuming from the kill notice that the alpha didnt look for the convert or extra kill. If so that means they dont have a task to find yet. That would mean any tasks up to now that we find are adam/xander/tara.
    I thought the mods told us we'd find out if there was a missed conversion.
    Just checked the Q&As.

We'll be told if theres a successful conversion, attacks will be announced on thread

Nothing specifically about unsuccessful conversions.
    Did the first ever claim to be buffy? I know they appeared as her but did they claim to be her?
    Ok so i think i spotted sonething that might be a failed task but if im wrong it could be a problem for a roled goodie who might have done something a bit silly. Do i put it out there or not?
    No a similar longer message with typos. Hence why i think it might have failed the task. To be clear, for now im not implying that its a task. Itcould very easily be a silly breadcrumb gone wrong, but i think it needs to be diacussed
    No- ****sake disnt really want to put details out there so early- Marys first 12 posts spell out hi im buffy, but two quickfire posts nearthe end break the sequence
    Not completing it would mean the task was failed
    #ffa1

Mary because of the broken buffy task

Katie. The convert task is a possible

Going to stick with two for now. I've a couple of loose suspects but I'm still working them out.
    Brendan and orla are ok i think, Conor looks most like a wolf but I'm struggli g to figure why that's the case. He's on my list of other suspects that i need to think about a bit more.
    For me its because one looks like a failed task and there was no conversion this morning.
    Youve got to be kidding me, you ignore a whole poece of that sentence to get to that. To make a sebtence that relies on grammatical error to work even though grammer isnt part of the tasks.
    Yeah hapoy to

Feel free to check the original off my posts too. Its arpund the time id spotted Marys spelling error and i was trying to get a steer on whether to put it out there. It may not be a great post but theres no task being done there and its a bit of a pisstake to try to stretch that it is.

all angus' posts. maybe something else here? will read tham back in a minute

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I didn't miSspell; Katie posted "convert Professor Walsh" this is likely the task and was the task in different universe so I'm confident it is here.

Now I thought that this was a task, capital S and K beside each other. Even though Orla is dodge as hell, I've voted elsewhere for now. Could potentially still be acting the maggot.
    Is there a way to add gifs while on a mobile device?

Right, open the gif in a new tab, copy the link and post it between ] tegs. One way to do it off mobile anyways.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    As for Brendan. he is a wolf/vamp trying to get me killed. Has no solid reasoning for it and I am going to ignore his taunts as I have nothing to hide. I would be more suss of him than me, that's for sure.

I can't be the only one who thoguht this was bloodsuckery? Serious stuff, thought Brendan was good myself anyways. Anwyas, this has Conor on my list.B
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Ladies and Gents!

I N I T I A T I V E
    Am I going mad here?

Unreal stuff Steve. That's good hunting. Tied up todays nonsense lynch anwyas.
    Doris WW wrote: »
    fair point agnus. it specifically says no grammar:

TASKS ON-THREAD, BUT THEY WILL NOT INVOLVE MEMES, GIFS, VIDEOS OR ANY GRAMMATICAL BASED TASKS (ie mis-spelling etc)

My intestines tell me caps and stuff are probable. Or the mods have really broken the mould. New taska have been a while coming/
    Can someone link the offending post (unedited) and compare it to Steves posting of it.
    Just to ensure that no foul play or setting up of another poster is at play.

Know we wait for someone cheeky enough to try something like this.
    Nigel I think Orla and you actually agree here. I don't think there's many players here that will disagree that this looks highly suspicious.

Yet here we are, people doubting something rather solidified on day one.

Gabriellas FFA goes, in no particularar order
    - Holly
    - Orla
    - Conor

Tonigths bonus ball is Angus but he;s ****ed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

jaysus, you go away for an hour or two and it all blows up!

Angus spotted Mary spelled out Buffy.

Was it because such a task was already on his mind?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Great find Steve. If it was a random word at a random time I would dismis it as coincidence, but with the word and the timing, its too much to ignore.

The only thing worrying me now is the rule in the op stating tasks are not grammar related. Would this cover creating acronyms?

Nevertheless, changing my vote to Angus.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Now I thought that this was a task, capital S and K beside each other. Even though Orla is dodge as hell, I've voted elsewhere for now. Could potentially still be acting the maggot.

Right, open the gif in a new tab, copy the link and post it between ] tegs. One way to do it off mobile anyways.

I can't be the only one who thoguht this was bloodsuckery? Serious stuff, thought Brendan was good myself anyways. Anwyas, this has Conor on my list.B

Unreal stuff Steve. That's good hunting. Tied up todays nonsense lynch anwyas.

My intestines tell me caps and stuff are probable. Or the mods have really broken the mould. New taska have been a while coming/

Know we wait for someone cheeky enough to try something like this.

Yet here we are, people doubting something rather solidified on day one.

Gabriellas FFA goes, in no particularar order
    - Holly
    - Orla
    - Conor

Tonigths bonus ball is Angus but he;s ****ed

I was accused of mispelling something, in my reply i typed miSspell to show they in fact were the ones spelling stuff wrongly, but you knew that.

No nigel it was because i waa looking for wolves like you, mary and conor. One of those two dropped the alpha task, and i think you know which one it was. Mary was my pick all day until i saw DRACULA dropped large on Conors post. So which of them is it Nigel?

shhhhhss

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone! How is everyone this Murky Monday Morning?

goddam tasks have you paranoid about everything!!

bit of alliteration with capatalised letters

My only argument against the initiative thing is, someone would have to watch the show to get that, we know that most players dont know the show in that level of detail. I don't know if tasks are normally so subject specific

Eva WW wrote: »
    My only argument against the initiative thing is, someone would have to watch the show to get that, we know that most players dont know the show in that level of detail. I don't know if tasks are normally so subject specific

Otherwise the game wouldn't be Buffy.

Theres a nice bandwagon formed at this point. Eatch out for who seemed happy to join once it had a bit of momentum. Conor is the alpha, then my guess for wolves are fiona and nigel since theyre in sync. At a guess sk would step back from this one though Katie might still be a good bet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Theres a nice bandwagon formed at this point. Eatch out for who seemed happy to join once it had a bit of momentum. Conor is the alpha, then my guess for wolves are fiona and nigel since theyre in sync. At a guess sk would step back from this one though Katie might still be a good bet.

How do you know conor is the alpha?

Eva WW wrote: »

You'd need knowledge of the show to catch the task, sure. But tasks should, by their nature, be difficult to catch.

i think its more than a nice bandwagon. most likely a landslide

Fiona WW wrote: »
    How do you know conor is the alpha?

Because he dropped that dracula in plain sight

You knew that though

Want to know something else?

Come on now, Angus. Entertain us.

• Advertisement

Because he dropped that dracula in plain sight

You knew that though

Want to know something else?

so you think the vamps got their conversion rather than Adam?

Advertisement