Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    No one as I'm a villager.

Are you tho?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Thanks for life saving!

Thanks Orla for pleading on my behalf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Who's choice was it to save Brendan, and how did you know he was good.

No offence Brendan, but unless you're roled, it's a waste of a save.

It was willows choice, I gaurentee that was the right move.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

This is it. Even if Brendan is good and odds are he is, if he's not a big player that is a serious waste of Willow's power.

I think Willow was tricked into using it earlier to give the Baddies more of an Advantage towards the end of the game.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Are you tho?

Yes I am. Who are you?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Surely they would not want to out their role. Willow could still use her 2nd power later so we would not neccesarily want her putting a taget on her back by saying they chose to save Brendan.

not sure I could have properly said all that in 1 sentence Orla

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    what do we think ?

i wouldn't be adverse to it, however tedious to pull off i think

This is it. Even if Brendan is good and odds are he is, if he's not a big player that is a serious waste of Willow's power.

I think Willow was tricked into using it earlier to give the Baddies more of an Advantage towards the end of the game.

Abi did it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

It was willows choice, I gaurentee that was the right move.

No offence but we can't take your guarantee to the bank, it would be a good idea for the vamps to encourage Willow to use her one time power on a non roled player.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Surely they would not want to out their role. Willow could still use her 2nd power later so we would not neccesarily want her putting a taget on her back by saying they chose to save Brendan.

so write two posts

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

all posts to be kept to one line to prevent tasks going unnoticed

Is that not going to create a zillion posts to go through lol?

It would work tho.

Unless its a task of sorts....

Eva WW wrote: »
    No offence but we can't take your guarantee to the bank, it would be a good idea for the vamps to encourage Willow to use her one time power on a non roled player.

lets say thats what I did, Is it worth exposing myself to that extent ? who could she save?

Riona WW wrote: »
    Unless its a task of sorts....

Fairly ambigeous task.

Yes I am. Who are you?

Well ill have to take that with a pinch of salt i guess.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

In my mind the whole point is the munch target is a goodie (with the exception of prof Walsh).

How long do we want to keep our roled players special powers for? If the alpha goes for a conversion and it fails, the alpha then knows that player is roled and will be taken out at next munch.

We need as many goodies as possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I'm not saying to out him, I'm saying, whoever pleading to save him should be certain he is a power player as using that save on someone you think is good and probably a nrv is nonsence this early in the game.

Nevertheless, it's done now, so that's all I'll say on it.

Eva WW wrote: »

you remember what i did and hold me accountable if it helps ok.

Fairly ambigeous task.

Im a suspicious soul. This game has me questioning everything ...

I think Abi is right. It would be very helpful to kill Conor right now btw.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    How long do we want to keep our roled players special powers for? If the alpha goes for a conversion and it fails, the alpha then knows that player is roled and will be taken out at next munch.

We need as many goodies as possible.

Okay in fairness that makes sense.

I still think it was used prematurely but you can't argue with your logic for wanting the save.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Wow, I log on here and its all happening. I left yesterday and FFAs were all in swing, I come back to an SK dead.

Reading back, and wow, well done Steve. A great eye. Those who tried to say the INITIATIVE spot was a coincidence should be looked at (Wendy and Winifred). There is no way a clump of letters like that would appear let alone spell out where Adam was created. Madness.

Brendan was also trying to steer Steve away from the pre convert posts. Why I wonder.

Just because Brendan was munched and saved, does not mean he is confirmed good. He could easily be Walsh. Does Walsh remain as an SK with Adam gone? Im guessing he does. It would make the conversion pointless otherwise.

That being said, I feel that Brendan was a good villager yesterday, I cant imagine Walsh calling out wolves with a devil may care attitude.

Brendan being targeted by the wolves doesn’t validate his list either, but it’s a great place to start.

A few people seem to be suspicious of Conor alright. I worry about the large number of quiet Villagers however. If I were a wolf/Vamp I'd not be saying much

lets say thats what I did, Is it worth exposing myself to that extent ? who could she save?

I dunno Orla, you might be the designated sacrificial lamb, they have a team of 4 and the ability to create more.

I'm not doing a 2nd post for my next sentences

If a high value player came out later in the game, and was an obvious target she could resurect them.

I'm not saying you are a vamp, but it has to be asked. Discourse is part of the game!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

What if this is how it went down, wolves munched Brendan, one of their own, and another wolf pleaded to save him, thus making Brendan and the pleader look village and using willows power. It would be a high risk move but with a good payoff.

What if this is how it went down, wolves munched Brendan, one of their own, and another wolf pleaded to save him, thus making Brendan and the pleader look village and using willows power. It would be a high risk move but with a good payoff.

That would be one hell of a play, seems too risky as Willow ignored 2 saves yesterday, the odds were if she would ignore this too, then if Brendan was confirmed as a baddie, Orla would have to have been lynched as she pushed so hard for the save, meaning 2 wolves would be gone in the one day.

Although if it went down as you suggest they have really pulled off one of the greatest power plays in WW history.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

In the absence of a second conversion he is a confirmed goodie
    A few people seem to be suspicious of Conor alright. I worry about the large number of quiet Villagers however. If I were a wolf/Vamp I'd not be saying much

I would really like to see where you all get this from. So I capitalised a few words since I started the game, not a biggie. And where did Abi say kill me now? I would like evidence on why I am a wolf and not just "cos Brendan said so"

Is someone trying to get Willow to waste her last potion? so we get them used up at the beginning in the hope we get a wolf? seems abit silly to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

An awful lot of theories being thrown around now.

What if one of those who was in the revive Brendan camp knows he was a roled goodie? If that was the case it would absolutely make sense to save him even this early.

As for 1 sentence per post I won't be doing that. In work and don't have time for too much messing about

I'd imagine there is as much chance of one of the pleaders being Willow and pleading so as to suggest they are not willow as there is of the wolves taking that elaborate plan. Doubt either happened to be honest and would say the most obvious option is probably the reality. The wolves targetted a villager and Willow brought said Villager back.

Hell for all we know Brendan could have been Buffy and used his/her own power to save her/himself. even if saved / targetted be vigilant with regards everyone but don't assume any weirdness has gone down (until you have a Steve type realisation) either is my course of action at this moment.

• Advertisement

I know I suggested it but I think it's unlikely they are allowed to munch their own. But that doesn't stop them lending their voices to waste Willows power.

I don't know if I believe that's what happened but I think it's worthwhile to question the possibility

Advertisement