Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVIII - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I'd imagine there is as much chance of one of the pleaders being Willow and pleading so as to suggest they are not willow as there is of the wolves taking that elaborate plan. Doubt either happened to be honest and would say the most obvious option is probably the reality. The wolves targetted a villager and Willow brought said Villager back.

Hell for all we know Brendan could have been Buffy and used his/her own power to save her/himself. even if saved / targetted be vigilant with regards everyone but don't assume any weirdness has gone down (until you have a Steve type realisation) either is my course of action at this moment.

Ah FFS I had thought of that but thought the better of saying it! why out Buffy like that FFS

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Hell for all we know Brendan could have been Buffy and used his/her own power to save her/himself. even if saved / targetted be vigilant with regards everyone but don't assume any weirdness has gone down (until you have a Steve type realisation) either is my course of action at this moment.

Actually that's a good point! I'm assuming it's Willow but it could be Buffy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ah FFS I had thought of that but thought the better of saying it! why out Buffy like that FFS

Hardly outing Buffy when it's only a theory.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

and why highlight my mistake now, that said we really don't know about any of this atm and it really is baseless speculation.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

It was just an idea. Hardly counts as an outing. Will know after the next munch if Brendan is targeted again

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    It was just an idea. Hardly counts as an outing. Will know after the next munch if Brendan is targeted again

But if I thought someone was the main role and my words could expose them I would NOT post that theory? and those who think it is ok to do this is mental and need looked at. Surely we can think these things and if it is a good role keep the mouth shut but if it is a bad role then mouth away!

and why highlight my mistake now, that said we really don't know about any of this atm and it really is baseless speculation.

Don't try twisting things to point the finger elsewhere after you fk things

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    I know I suggested it but I think it's unlikely they are allowed to munch their own. But that doesn't stop them lending their voices to waste Willows power.

I don't know if I believe that's what happened but I think it's worthwhile to question the possibility

Wolves can't munch wolves, willow might have been at work, that's crazy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I would really like to see where you all get this from. So I capitalised a few words since I started the game, not a biggie. And where did Abi say kill me now? I would like evidence on why I am a wolf and not just "cos Brendan said so"

Is someone trying to get Willow to waste her last potion? so we get them used up at the beginning in the hope we get a wolf? seems abit silly to me.

I didn’t say kill you now. I think the abi is right part relates to my post about roled goodie powers.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Wolves can't munch wolves, willow might have been at work, that's crazy.

Yah, I know that's why I said this
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I think it's unlikely they are allowed to munch their own.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I didn’t say kill you now. I think the abi is right part relates to my post about roled goodie powers.

I said it.

Don't try twisting things to point the finger elsewhere after you fk things

not twisting anything, I may have made a mistake (but if I did it wouldn't be smart to point it out and I can't go back and edit it) by saying it was as likely that it was a number different things including the one you then quoted, the already suggested wolf plot where by Brendan would have been a wolf or the far more likely one that they just targeted someone they knew was not a wolf (and would have had no idea re-roles) and then that Willow used their power to bring them back.

I think Abi is right. It would be very helpful to kill Conor right now btw.
    I said it.

Must just be the way it was written.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Ok so moving on from the Brendan thing, whats happening with the alphas extra kill/conv. Are they failing their tasks or are they targeting roled players and the failed conv is not announced on thread?

My theory is there was no alpha bonus yesterday, as failing or targeting a roled player twice seems unlikely.

Now, did they choose not accept the task for fear of being caught, it's a possibility, but is that playing in the spirit of the game?
    Did they fail the task, I doubt if would too difficult no matter how cryptic it would be.
    Did they target to convert a safe player, very possible, but again, I thought it would have been announced on thread.

The one thing we have going for us is that the same player will be trying task each day, so may make it easier to spot a pattern.

I would really like to see where you all get this from.

not sure why you quoted me here all I said is that a number of people seem to be suspicious of you. Based on comments from people most notibly from the other poster you quoted others clearly do seem to be suspicious of you.

In fact I had previously been saying that I was a bit more suspicious of some of the more quiet posters as that would be my tact if I were a Wolfie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

@ steve: can you explain how you spotted the pattern yestersday

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

For me right now,

Conor – The posting of Evas posts this morning caught my eye. Posting them is easy, makes you look good. But giving no info just screams that you want to appear good rather than actually be helpful.

Winifred/Wendy – Both doubted me last night, that’s fine you don’t have to trust me, but what I found was damning and too great to be a coincidence. Yet you tried to debunk it. Very strange.

I am no way confirmed good, I never claimed to be nor should I be cleared. Those claiming to “give me a pass” will be viewed as trying to cosy up to me. Wont work.

I am not a wolf though trying to earn good village points. Im just a good guy actually bothering his backside to try help our village. God forbid someone actually did a bit of work. You all have eyes and Wikipedia, we should all use this when looking for a vampire convert

not sure why you quoted me here all I said is that a number of people seem to be suspicious of you. Based on comments from people most notibly from the other poster you quoted others clearly do seem to be suspicious of you.

In fact I had previously been saying that I was a bit more suspicious of some of the more quiet posters as that would be my tact if I were a Wolfie

Purely as you mentioned it, was just getting the posts together. Not targetting you. It is Brendan and Orla who have the hawtz for me mainly :)

I was asking folk for evidence but either they can't find anythiing (which would be right) or they are still combing through like Sherlock Holmes :D

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Ok so moving on from the Brendan thing, whats happening with the alphas extra kill/conv. Are they failing their tasks or are they targeting roled players and the failed conv is not announced on thread?

My theory is there was no alpha bonus yesterday, as failing or targeting a roled player twice seems unlikely.

Now, did they choose not accept the task for fear of being caught, it's a possibility, but is that playing in the spirit of the game?
    Did they fail the task, I doubt if would too difficult no matter how cryptic it would be.
    Did they target to convert a safe player, very possible, but again, I thought it would have been announced on thread.

The one thing we have going for us is that the same player will be trying task each day, so may make it easier to spot a pattern.

Wall of text, its in the q&a re conversions. they dont have to try if they don't want

Brendan is in the “others” vote camp. That reduces that number. There were only a handful of us talking this morning but I’m sure there were plenty more watching. That was our topic of conversation too.

Are we being steered in the direction of the “other” vote by the wolves?

• Advertisement

Another way out reason for no conversion, Steve is a strong Villager till any conversion. Steve i will not listen to you otherwise but if you could find tasks that would be great.

Wall of text/QUOTE]

you have a really low bar for what constitutes a wall of text!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Fiona WW wrote: »

Im guessing they haven't attempted it. Steves attention to detail most likely has them spooked.

Doris WW wrote: »
    @ steve: can you explain how you spotted the pattern yestersday

Reading back. The Angus post was a few away from the convert. I was looking out for the three words "Big Bad" "Maggie" and "Initiative" following my search of wiki.

It wasnt very hard. I did have to re read the post a few times to make sure it spelt the word right I will admit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Purely as you mentioned it, was just getting the posts together. Not targetting you. It is Brendan and Orla who have the hawtz for me mainly :)

I was asking folk for evidence but either they can't find anythiing (which would be right) or they are still combing through like Sherlock Holmes :D

No point in combing through as the alpha obv didn't complete task.

Steve's find puts alpha under pressure, the game could hinge on whether the vamps get a conversion or not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Is it possible Brendan was targeted to setup Conor or Wendy or me?

whats this now abigail? why does brendan dying set up 1 of you 3?

For Conor, Doris and others still doubting how I found it, let me spell it out for ya.

Pen and Paper.

You look over a post with a pen and jot down the letters of the first letter in each word. Its not rocket science.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I don't particularly care what I'm accused of.

Conor is a vampire.

Orla is a serial killer.

Abagail is a clown.

Fiona Kate and Nigel are dodgy.

This is Brendans post from yesterday.

On one hand he could be a dab hand at reading people and got a few wolves here.

On the other, Killing Bren may have been a red herring designed to lead us to this list to off non wolves.

Brendan, whats your thoughts.

I think A is more likely as some villagers are brilliant at reading players. Its a fine place to start.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    No point in combing through as the alpha obv didn't complete task.

Steve's find puts alpha under pressure, the game could hinge on whether the vamps get a conversion or not.

This was pter response to trit in the q&a....

Quote: tritium
    Will we be told if theres a successful conversion? Conversion attempt?

Yep.

...... they failed their task yesterday. I’ve a feeling it will be a different type of task today

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

The fact I was munched makes me less sure of my read on Conor.

Advertisement