Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man! I feel like a runner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Murph_D wrote: »
    Oh go on, write down the thoughts! :) Sorry to hear of the difficulty.

They're more ramblings than thoughts :) and therefore not helpful to anyone I suspect, not even to myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Hope all goes well at the Physio & hopefully you get some answers! Nothing wrong with taking a break either, sometimes it's exactly what's needed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I attended a webinar recently (Coach Parry) and one of the main points was about frequent injuries. According to him if you're not recovering properly this can be an issue. He says recovery is more important than training and advocates walks or cycles on recovery days. At amateur level, any run has aerobic (therefore not recovery) benefits. He's the second person I heard this from recently, the other being my physio. May or May not be of interest to you.

A week off certainly won't hurt and fingers crossed you'll be back at it quickly.

Muscle tear on my calf innit.
    I’ll be quiet in here for a bit :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

ReeReeG wrote: »

Ah bo!!ix no!!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear this ... wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully its a low grade tear and you'll be back at it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Sorry to hear that V. Fingers crossed you'll be back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Ah flip V. Hope ya have a speedy and healthy recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ah feck, that sucks. Hopefully you recover quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Balls, good luck with quick recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Hope your recovery goes well V. Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hard luck, V. Safe recovery, you'll be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Ah feck. Is it painful? Generally I mean, outside of running obviously. Stupid question probably. Hope you're ok

eyrie wrote: »
    Ah feck. Is it painful? Generally I mean, outside of running obviously. Stupid question probably. Hope you're ok

It's ok mostly. Gets sore out walking once I get to a hill or a slope even (which is why I knew it was a bit more than rest I seemed to need), so I've had to become a little more inventive with my walking routes! Obviously it's tender enough today after the physio last night, even though he wasn't too tough with it.
    Possibly most annoying is that it's on what was formerly my 'good leg'. So I now have two sh1t legs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Have you calf compression sleeve to assist with recovery?

Be careful you don’t come back too quickly

TbL

Have you calf compression sleeve to assist with recovery?

Be careful you don’t come back too quickly

TbL

I do actually but hadn't thought of that. When does one wear such things?? at night? out walking? I have them but have never worn them.. as with frankly too many garments in my wardrobe :D

Yes the physio has warned me about that, or it'll keep happening apparently :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Balls! :(

Can you do Yoga? Down Dog etc..?

Yep, slow back. Its just time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Very sorry to read this V. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I do actually but hadn't thought of that. When does one wear such things?? at night? out walking? I have them but have never worn them.. as with frankly too many garments in my wardrobe :D

Yes the physio has warned me about that, or it'll keep happening apparently :rolleyes:

I wear them at night (under the gymp suit :))

Give it a go you’ll enjoy it, and the sleeves too :)

TbL

I wear them at night (under the gymp suit :))

Give it a go you’ll enjoy it, and the sleeves too :)

TbL

Christ almighty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Sorry To hear v

Jaysus nothing like reading about S & M of a Tuesday:eek:

V did the tear hurt when it happened as in was it a sudden pain that made you want to go to the physio or was it a gradual thing?

Jaysus nothing like reading about S & M of a Tuesday:eek:

V did the tear hurt when it happened as in was it a sudden pain that made you want to go to the physio or was it a gradual thing?

There wasn't any sudden sharp pain as I would have always assumed happens, but I do remember precisely when the pain started i.e. running up the hill towards the Goat Thurs before last and I had to cut the run short. It was certainly foolish to run again the couple days later but sure I'd no clue what the damage was. It was obvious it was pain as opposed to tightness anyway.

Can you do Yoga? Down Dog etc..?

I'd say so yeah.. might reacquaint myself with Adriene :)

There wasn't any sudden sharp pain as I would have always assumed happens, but I do remember precisely when the pain started i.e. running up the hill towards the Goat Thurs before last and I had to cut the run short. It was certainly foolish to run again the couple days later but sure I'd no clue what the damage was. It was obvious it was pain as opposed to tightness anyway.

Thanks V, not foolish at all, sure how many of us have ran through a bit of an injury thinking it's nothing much! All the best with the recovery:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Sorry to see this. Mind yourself. Any time-frame given on recovery and what to do instead, cycling?

I used compression sleeves I've had for years for the first time over the weekend. Used when sitting on ass in front of the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

So sorry to hear ReeRee, hope the recovery is quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Ouch, sorry to hear this. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Advertisement