Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man! I feel like a runner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

ReeReeG wrote: »
    I did! Ah she's usually a couple minutes behind me anyway but when I saw her cruising by at the start I panicked a little :angel:
    No, that's closer to my HMP on reflection.. I honestly just felt like stretching out the legs and it was mostly downhill, and a wind behind me and was really enjoyable! Not on the plan at all, but sometimes I like to remember this is all for fun at the end of the day.

Totally agree. Everybody needs a blow out at the end of the day. Just asked as I called my pace between easy and mp ‘steady’ on my progression run yesterday so was wondering what your steady was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Ate far too much cake afterwards however...

No such thing as too much cake.

Good luck on Saturday. Hope you've a really good run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Mmmm, cake... I definitely wouldn't object if there was cake available after the race tomorrow!
    Good luck - hope it all goes really well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Huzzah! wrote: »

Ate far too much cake afterwards however...

No such thing as too much cake.

Good luck on Saturday. Hope you've a really good run :)
    eyrie wrote: »
    Mmmm, cake... I definitely wouldn't object if there was cake available after the race tomorrow!
    Good luck - hope it all goes really well!!
    Thanks... not sure how it will go to be honest, no idea how I am for 10k at the moment! PB is highly unlikely. I'm considering copying what I did at parkrun last week and ignore the watch, and just run by effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Thanks... not sure how it will go to be honest, no idea how I am for 10k at the moment! PB is highly unlikely. I'm considering copying what I did at parkrun last week and ignore the watch, and just run by effort.
    Best of luck ReeReeG! Based on my experience last weekend i'd recommend pacing yourself in the first half and ignoring the watch in the 2nd half but you'll do brilliant whatever you decide, i think you're in better shape that you realise ;)

• Advertisement

18 - 24th June
    Mon 18th: Tag training. Calves still tight enough but loosened up after a bit.

Tues 19th: Knew I'd be stuck in work that night, so headed out before work instead. Beautiful morning, 5.5 miles @ 9.59/m. Slower easier pace, but put that down to being a little sleepy.

Weds 20th: Tag match (finally won one!). Decent run about, ran 2 miles there to make sure my tight calves were okay. Also had been in heels at an all day meeting which I think helped them too!

Thurs 21st: Got a run in while in town after work before meeting mates for dinner, 6 miles @ 9.53/m. This is where I started to question myself and my easy pace. That was the pace I settled at, which is slower than what I was doing previously as easy pace (whether rightly or wrongly), but I don't think I could have gone at even 9.20 pace without feeling it as being too much effort, and that had me thinking back to Tuesday's run as well. Pushed the thoughts away anyway, maybe just tired from tag.. 

Fri 22nd: Yoga at lunch, not a very vigorous class but was lovely.

Sat 23rd: Volunteered at parkrun... wasn't looking forward to Dunshaughlin 10k from the get-go. I didn't feel ready, but figured I'd settle into it. Got down in good time (and met skyblue46!) and did a decent warm-up with the club. Calves were tight again (and I had spent time on my foam roller this week) but again I figured I'd loosen out after a mile or so.
    Set off without trying to tear off like everyone around me, and kept a clubmate who I knew to be about my pace just ahead. From about .5km in I felt like sh*t. I didn't want to be running it and my calves were SCREAMING at me. Got the first mile done, breathing etc was fine, didn't actually feel bothered by the heat, but reigned in the pace slightly for mile 2. Still, my legs felt awful, tried to tell myself just get to halfway... got to 2.4 miles, and my hips were sore at this point so I pulled into the side. I thought back to how good I had felt in my last 10k race (Nov) and how prepared I had felt, and this night was not comparable. I wasn't able for it. So I walked back to the start line (refusing lifts from many, many lovely people as I needed the headspace). 

I was very annoyed at myself, but I knew I wasn't in a good state either physically or mentally for this on Saturday night. I was a little bit relieved to actually suffer pain in my leg (left glute) all night Saturday night, it woke me up, because then I knew I wasn't just being mentally weak. The pain has lasted right through to today, so I've a physio appointment tomorrow night. If he tells me to rest up, I will rest up. 

I'd text my brother right after the race(who I consider almost a pro with his incredible running over the years) knowing I would get wise encouraging words, and sure enough he had, telling me to think about what I want from running really. So yesterday morning I sat down with a notebook and answered two questions; why do I run, and what do I want from running? In future before a race, I'm going to ask myself: what's the purpose of this race? If I don't have an answer, then I shouldn't be running it.
    I had a lot of purpose and clear goals for the Limerick marathon, both running and non-running goals really, and since then I admit to feeling a bit lost about it all. I did enjoy the plan-free running right afterwards, but maybe considering my mentally exhausted state and around the anniversary it wasn't good for me. 

Sun 24th: Nothing. As mentioned, was in a fair bit of pain still, so I took my day easy.

The plan now? Physio tomorrow and I'll listen to all the advice. Also going to get the iron levels checked as my brother pointed out the general lethargy could be an indication of a lack there. NO RACING for at least 2 months, maybe even longer; my head is not right for that. Means I'm out of a couple races I'd signed up for, but not to worry.

PS this is not a please feel sorry for me post! It was one race, there will be SEVERAL in the future, and it was good in waking me up to whatever I clearly have not been minding recently!

PS this is not a please feel sorry for me post! It was one race, there will be SEVERAL in the future, and it was good in waking me up to whatever I clearly have not been minding recently!

It doesn't come across as looking for sympathy in the slightest ReeReeG, it reads to me as brave to be honest. You're asking yourself some hard questions and taking time to really consider them and the answers that come. I reckon only good things can come from that.

I was really sorry to see Saturday night go like it did for you, and sorrier still to hear you're in pain now! Hope the physio has good advice, and take care of yourself. Looking forward to seeing you back running and racing to your full ability in the future

eyrie has already said everything so well. Likewise i was sorry to see it didn't pan out for you this time. I DNF'ed in a HM last Sept and it's a tough pill to swallow and can leave a lot of negativity in its wake. Your brother sounds amazing - a really solid source of support for you, i'm glad you have him in your corner. I hope the news with the physio is good and most of all i just hope all the pieces of the jigsaw fall into place for you over the coming weeks and months. Mind yourself, recover well x

It absolutely, in no way reads as looking for sympathy. Why keep a log if you can't feel honest in it? I'm really sorry it didn't go to plan on Saturday night and I hope the physio has some good news for you. Look after yourself.

ariana` wrote: »
    eyrie has already said everything so well. Likewise i was sorry to see it didn't pan out for you this time. I DNF'ed in a HM last Sept and it's a tough pill to swallow and can leave a lot of negativity in its wake. Your brother sounds amazing - a really solid source of support for you, i'm glad you have him in your corner. I hope the news with the physio is good and most of all i just hope all the pieces of the jigsaw fall into place for you over the coming weeks and months.  Mind yourself, recover well x
    I feel I should point out this was a different brother than the one who ran with me in Limerick - they're a solid bunch to have around me in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Hi - just catching up with your diary now !

Have you gotten your bloods done recently - I’m obsessed with asking this question. ?? Might be worth checking out. Iron/ thyroid function . ?

I had incredibly sore calves after a marathon didn’t go as planned and running felt so hard - but it turned out I was anemic and had a thyroid virus weird thing going on !!

On the other hand you have just completed a marathon and your body maybe not fully recovered.

Thanks all! 
    25 Jun - 1 July
    Didn't run at all last week, and even took the bus to work most days. No injuries really, but the legs were very very tight all over, and the physio basically said my legs and even head were just shattered from the focus of the marathon. Not a bad week for a break week... I was a social butterfly! Did my pilates class still on the Thursday, but took it easier than normal.

Was glad to have the break, truthfully, there was a lot of frustration after Dunshaughlin. That said, I'm happy to give a little jog a bash tonight. The physio had said I'm fine to go back running this week, but did advise me to not have a plan. Not entirely sure if that suits me as I am creature of routine and habit, but I do like the sounds of it at the minute. So the no-plan plan, is to run whatever I feel like until I go on holidays in a few weeks, and tackle marathon stuff when I return.. I will make a decision on what I want from DCM before I do that though i.e. a time or for fun, and go from there.
    I've also booked to get the bloods checked next week, so will have that side of it all covered.

Thanks all! 
    25 Jun - 1 July
    Didn't run at all last week, and even took the bus to work most days. No injuries really, but the legs were very very tight all over, and the physio basically said my legs and even head were just shattered from the focus of the marathon. Not a bad week for a break week... I was a social butterfly! Did my pilates class still on the Thursday, but took it easier than normal.

Was glad to have the break, truthfully, there was a lot of frustration after Dunshaughlin. That said, I'm happy to give a little jog a bash tonight. The physio had said I'm fine to go back running this week, but did advise me to not have a plan. Not entirely sure if that suits me as I am creature of routine and habit, but I do like the sounds of it at the minute. So the no-plan plan, is to run whatever I feel like until I go on holidays in a few weeks, and tackle marathon stuff when I return.. I will make a decision on what I want from DCM before I do that though i.e. a time or for fun, and go from there.
    I've also booked to get the bloods checked next week, so will have that side of it all covered.

Sounds like a great idea to me. You need a break and you might find you want to come back to a plan sooner or not - doesn’t matter. The miles are in your legs from Limerick and once you get back to training the break will stand to you.

2nd - 8th July
    Mon 2nd: Was finally mad to go for a run, so I went on a very sensible short run to see how the legs were feeling. 2.3 miles @ 9.45/m. A little bit of stiffness initially, but that disappeared fairly quickly. There was a slight twinge in my left calf near home, but I stretched it out and it was fine. Importantly, I enjoyed the run. 

Tues 3rd: Happily reintroduced a runmute home into my day! 5 miles @ 9.50/m. You know things are good when the thought "god I love running" just randomly pops into your head!

Wed 4th: Yoga at lunchtime, and back to tag that night. 

Thurs 5th: Pilates at lunchtime, sweatfest but really good. Another runmute. Had been thinking about my training for the marathon, and remembered the session of 6 x 1mins with 2 mins recovery, which I really enjoyed, so decided I'd give it a bash. (Physio hadn't restricted me to easy running, said if I felt like a session to go for it... and I have to admit, I LOVE stretching out the legs like that). Anywho, lesson learnt that the session isn't as doable when you have a 4kg backpack and are running in 22 degree heat.. I still enjoyed the 3 x 1 mins I did, it was the recovery part was harder... so maybe I should have stretched it to 3 mins or something. Anyway, 4.3 miles total for the evening.
    Fri, Sat, Sun... nothing! I was at a wedding Friday, then day 2 Saturday... and a family do on Sunday.. could have gotten a run in yesterday morning, but frankly I felt like sleep was more important! This meant a fairly pitiful 11.8 miles for the week, but no regrets, was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.

Had signed up for the day of Irish PBs next Sat, but I'll be giving it a miss. Totally not feeling up for something as target-oriented as that. Feel bad now, cos I got the singlet in the post..

2nd - 8th July
    Mon 2nd: Was finally mad to go for a run, so I went on a very sensible short run to see how the legs were feeling. 2.3 miles @ 9.45/m. A little bit of stiffness initially, but that disappeared fairly quickly. There was a slight twinge in my left calf near home, but I stretched it out and it was fine. Importantly, I enjoyed the run. 

Tues 3rd: Happily reintroduced a runmute home into my day! 5 miles @ 9.50/m. You know things are good when the thought "god I love running" just randomly pops into your head!

Really glad to hear this.
    Had signed up for the day of Irish PBs next Sat, but I'll be giving it a miss. Totally not feeling up for something as target-oriented as that. Feel bad now, cos I got the singlet in the post..

Me too, but I love the singlet and plan on wearing it, nonetheless. Sure, it's great advertising or something!

9th - 15th July
    Mon 9th: Felt bad about having no running done at the weekend, so ran home from work. Decided I'd do at least 6 and if I was feeling good, I'd stretch it to 8 as a LSR for the missed weekend. I felt great for it, loved the warm weather. One thing however, was remembering all too late why I don't wear vest tops with my backpack... dear god the chafed shoulder blades. Ouchies. Stopped at the Goat for a glass of water (and had to answer Qs about my running and backpack to the auld lads at the bar), and then met a runner coming up the opposite way who I suspected was Huzzah!... checking Strava later confirmed my suspicions! 8 miles @ 10.05/m. 

Tues 10th: Another run home from work, had forgotten my watch so had to use my phone, and it lost some of my run :( definitely did at least 5 miles though, and the pace from the phone had what it tracked at 10.35/m which works as a nice recovery pace from the day before.

Weds 11th: Yoga at lunchtime, tag at night. Felt like I really sprinted a lot in this match...legs were tired afterwards!

Thurs 12th: Pilates at lunchtime, tough but really great class. Got into the adductors a lot (had never heard of them before but now I know all about them :p ). Headed out for a run after work, and decided to do a workout we do sometimes do with the club, hit the even miles at steady pace (so mile 2, 4 etc). Had planned on only 5 miles total but then decided I wanted to try another steady. Steady miles were 8.12, 8.07, 7.51 (so more like 10k pace on the last one), but felt really good to stretch out the legs like that. 

Fri 13th: Rest day.

Sat 14th: Poolbeg parkrun. Plan was to take it easy and enjoy it. As usual though, I took off like mad. Really enjoyed the parkrun though, wouldn't be sure about it in winter with the exposure to the sea winds however! Avg pace 7.57 (the little hill forced me to calm down on pace overall).

Sun 15th: Long run with the club. Longitude has meant we can't really use Marlay comfortably so we hit the roads, which I actually prefer. Love the variety of different areas, and gawking at houses that I will never be able to afford to buy. 10 miles at average 10.11/m pace. Sensible enough I think...

Total miles: 31.9. Delighted with that week now. 
    Am off on holidays next Sat, so will see what I get done before then. Plan is to bring the runners anyway (have my mate warned), but will see how that turns out.

9th - 15th July
    Mon 9th: Felt bad about having no running done at the weekend, so ran home from work. Decided I'd do at least 6 and if I was feeling good, I'd stretch it to 8 as a LSR for the missed weekend. I felt great for it, loved the warm weather. One thing however, was remembering all too late why I don't wear vest tops with my backpack... dear god the chafed shoulder blades. Ouchies. Stopped at the Goat for a glass of water (and had to answer Qs about my running and backpack to the auld lads at the bar), and then met a runner coming up the opposite way who I suspected was Huzzah!... checking Strava later confirmed my suspicions! 8 miles @ 10.05/m.

I really must buy dinner in The Goat sometime. I've often popped in there on a run to use the loo :P

Nice work on spotting me. My o/h went bowling past me without realising on his run on Thursday, despite me waving like a lula. In his defence, he was in the middle of a session and had taken his glasses off.

Enjoy the holliers.

16 - 22 July
    Updating now as I won't be running again this week...
    Mon 16th: Had planned tag training with some of the team, so thought it would be nice to jog up and back, and sneak in a few extra miles on my short week. 2.2 @9.51/m (uphill mostly) and 2.1 @ 9.12/m (downhill and somehow lost that little bit of distance!).

Tues 17th: Headed up to club training. Easy miles were on the schedule, and I headed out with a gang before realising very quickly that they weren't strictly sticking to easy! Turned to the clubmate beside me and said, this ain't easy! She replied, oh thank god, I thought it was just me! We agreed to drop pace :) 5.3 miles @ 9.27/m [McMillan has my recommended easy between 8.31 to 9.32]

Weds 18th: Tag match. Sprinted a lot and scored two tries. Miss next week's final though :(

Thurs 19th: Pilates at lunchtime. Tough enough, but really good IT band work.
    Ran home after a nail appointment (very important pre-holidays..), 6.2 miles @ 9.33/m. Inhaled so many flies, and every time I looked at my shirt it was covered in the little yolks. Disgusting. Must have been on the move before the rain today?

Fri 20th: Out of office on, and I rewarded myself with a longer run! 9 miles @ 9.46 /m. Really enjoyed it, perfect way to start my time off!

Total miles: 25. Not amazing, but it will do. 

I have the runners packed, but have only allowed for 4 runs on my very carefully planned itinerary (I'm a spreadsheet kinda gal), but am totally prepared to drop some if the stray dogs of Greece ruin my life.

Have a brilliant holiday.

Hope you have an amazing trip ReeReeG!

• Advertisement

Have a brilliant holiday!

Jul 23-29th
    Holidays! It was hot, hot, hot in Greece! Really sad about the fires, and thankfully we were nowhere near them.
     I ran twice this week, once in Olympia, scene of the first recorded Olympic games which was pretty cool.
    4.5 miles @ 10.36/mile. It was warm and hilly, but so lovely. I had one showdown with stray dogs but kept my cool..just about. 

Second run was on the island of Mykonos, which was even hillier but oh so beautiful. Had intended to hit 5 miles again, but I was struggling hugely, probably because I'd had a cocktail or two in the afternoon and eff-all water. Got a good few looks from fellow tourists too...
    3.1 miles @ 10.30/mile. 

Had hoped to run on Santorini too, but the heat and humidity was pretty high and never even dropped at nighttime. The place we were staying had about a million steps up out of the place so I was generally pooped from even leaving! I did drop the idea of a hike to my friend and let the idea fester until she decided she wanted to do it! 10km and a fair amount of climbing, and the most beautiful sights! 

Jul 30 - Aug 5th
    Got home Thursday and was looking forward to stretching the legs! Just headed out and decided to see what happened. Ran 5 miles @8.48/m. A tempo of sorts, but the legs just wanted to move and I let them! It was really enjoyable.

Went to parkrun Saturday with my Dad and sister (my Dad who ran a 10 mile race while I was away in 1.51.30, legend! at 72 yrs old!!!) and said I'd give it a lash! Hit the first mile hard (7.22) and then felt a little wrecked but kept going to the turn which is about halfway, dropped pace a little turning but picked up again. Hit 2 miles and allowed myself a brief respite and picked it up again. Once I realised I could stay sub-24 I sprinted the hell out of the end. 23.50, and only 5 secs off my best at that parkrun.  Was nice to feel the fire in my belly tbh.

Wanted a lie-in Sunday, and then watched so much sport and only headed out for my long run about 6ish. I had hoped for about 12 miles, but felt awful from the get-go. 8 miles in and I was done, and a fair bit from home... Walked a mile, ran a mile, walked a bit again , ran another mile. Bit of a mess, but I'd drank no water all day, and hadn't done anything near carb loading so it was a mess really. 

So now it is time to start DCM training. I am thinking I might have given myself a crazy challenge with only 12 weeks, especially after that mess of a long run yesterday but sure I'll give it a go. Currently sitting down with the club plan and tweaking it a little with my brother's advice (he's a 2.33 marathoner...  I trust him a little :p). Basically I want to add more MP miles in the long runs, based on other threads here also, and see if I can add more sessions (without going too crazy).

Feeling excited for it all though!

Your Dad is brilliant!!

Well done in Parkrun and good luck with starting up the DCM Training.

Welcome home! Good luck with DCM training.

Your dad is amazing and your brother - some good running genes there i by the sounds of it ;)

Best of luck on the road to Dublin, i look forward to following your training.

Your trip sounds amazing! Great to hear you're feeling enthusiastic about the training now that you're back too. I agree with ariana - definitely sounds like there's strong running genes there!

Aug 6th - 12th
    Mon 6th: Rest day for the bank holiday. Back to work dread!

Tues 7th
    Planned: 6 easy. Actual: 6 easy. Headed to the club for this, and trucked along with a couple of similar pace clubmates. The chats were good and we'd 5 miles done without barely noticing them going by! Always nice when that happens. Legs felt good too, average pace 9.31/m.

Weds 8th
    Planned: 2 easy miles to tag match. Actual: 2 miles. Nice to get these for 1. a little extra mileage and 2. try prevent injuries in the match. Avg pace 9.59/m. Had returned to yoga at lunchtime too.

Thurs 9th
    Planned: 3 x 800s, 60s off. Actual: 2.5m warm-up, 3 x 800, 2.8m cool down.
    Was on my own for this as I went to Marlay on the way home from renewing my driver's licence. I think I prefer speedwork on my own anyway for purely selfish reasons - can't be dealing with other people's struggles when I have my own! The prescribed pace for the 800s should be 6.52-7.10/m pace according to MacMillan. My 3 were 6.37, 6.28 and 6.43 (and I actually felt the last was ruined by a dog). So I did them too fast. Is there an issue with that?? I have no idea. If I can hit that pace, should I not be just doing that? I did take a longer recovery between 2 and 3 as I felt dead so maybe that's why I shouldn't be... Anyway, loved it. 
    Had Pilates at lunchtime also that day.

Fri 10th: Rest day.

Sat 11th
    Planned: Parkrun + 2 extra. Actual: just parkrun.
    My friend was home from Dubai and staying with me for the weekend, so I dragged her to parkrun with me (she used to do them here anyway) but didn't feel I could force her into 2 miles before it! Intention was to run easy but felt myself gradually getting quicker. Effort never felt forced though so I just let it happen, especially cos RnR the next day was planned as a training run. Avg pace 8.17/m. 

Sun 12th
    Planned: 13.1 @ MP (rock n roll). Actual: 13.1 not at MP!
    I did give it a good effort. Had talked a clubmate into doing this with me as we are at similar paces in general, plus he had done the Streets of Galway 8k the night before. Poor fella regretted it I'd say with all my complaining up those hills. Regulated the pace fairly well for the first 5 miles and then Knockmaroon happened... I stayed running the entire hill, but my quads at the top were so tight and stiff. Tried to run it off but had to stop and shake them out (and tell myself I'm not doing DCM). Got going again, pretty much back to MP (and decided to do DCM once more) and then there were more beasts of hills. My poor legs hated me. It was a repeat of all that each time really, die on the hills and back to MP in between. Took a gel about 6.5 miles in I think - realised it was an energy gel not an isogel, which I had never taken before but thankfully no tummy issues. Good to know :)
    All in all, I am happy with it:
    1. Longest run since Limerick Marathon, and I do feel I could have run a few more miles, albeit in a struggling state.
    2. Hit MP a fair bit, even after holidays and technically in my first proper week of training.
    3. I do need more hill training, back to Wicklow Way I go.
    4. Not sure how I ever ran a 1.46 HM, but my pace is still there in general, its endurance needs the work and that's what marathon training will assist with... right?!
    5. My tummy can handle energy gels.
    Finished at 2.02.04 chip time, so not quite the 9.00/m pace I had hoped for but sure look, was good training.

Total miles: 31.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Thurs 9th
    Planned: 3 x 800s, 60s off. Actual: 2.5m warm-up, 3 x 800, 2.8m cool down.
    Was on my own for this as I went to Marlay on the way home from renewing my driver's licence. I think I prefer speedwork on my own anyway for purely selfish reasons - can't be dealing with other people's struggles when I have my own! The prescribed pace for the 800s should be 6.52-7.10/m pace according to MacMillan. My 3 were 6.37, 6.28 and 6.43 (and I actually felt the last was ruined by a dog). So I did them too fast. Is there an issue with that?? I have no idea. If I can hit that pace, should I not be just doing that? I did take a longer recovery between 2 and 3 as I felt dead so maybe that's why I shouldn't be... Anyway, loved it.

Within a structured training plan the paces you hit are important. Some sessions are designed to improve our lactate threshold, others our aerobic system, some are for anaerobic training, endurance etc. By improve I mean to change the point where we move from one state to another. This is done by gradually pushing out those limits. If a session is designed to improve the aerobic system and by going too fast you actually run in an anaerobic state then you are losing the intention of the session.

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Within a structured training plan the paces you hit are important. Some sessions are designed to improve our lactate threshold, others our aerobic system, some are for anaerobic training, endurance etc. By improve I mean to change the point where we move from one state to another. This is done by gradually pushing out those limits. If a session is designed to improve the aerobic system and by going too fast you actually run in an anaerobic state then you are losing the intention of the session.
    Thanks S! Something I will need to pay a lot more attention to in the coming weeks in that case. Might be worth setting a pace band on the watch for the workouts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I always set the upper and lower ends of the ranges as the alarms. Don't get me wrong we all do the faster reps at times, it's hard to resist the urge. Just as it's unlikely many people can stick rigidly to a meal by meal, day by day diet plan with carbs, protein and fat strictly counted nor will many stick to every minutiae of a training plan. What's most important is that the right balance is there over a sustained duration.

Advertisement