Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

PVA wrote: »
    Yes, I'm at the lofty heights of 12 (-4) points! Will have some bench points coming in tomorrow, won't make much difference though

Gameweek Rank of 4.8m. I can say with total confidence this is the worst score in 10 years playing FPL, probably across the entire forum. Where's the wooden spoon?

Could have happened on much worse weeks, you’ll probably only lose 20 points or so on the pack, still a pain in the arse though.
    True
    That's about how much I've lost on most

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Could have happened on much worse weeks, you’ll probably only lose 20 points or so on the pack, still a pain in the arse though.

100% agree, always better to have a good week with 80 points when the average is 50 etc

The problem is finding this elusive 'good week'... can't even get one in the top 2m this season! Horror show after a horror show, couldn't think it could get worse after last week and said the same the week before. Wish I could say this is rock bottom but there's still a gap between 4.8m and 5.3m so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Overall rank up to a season high of 15,895. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Overall rank down to a lifetime low of 2.2m :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Currently at a OR of 2.5m myself - Been around this rank for last 4/5 weeks I think. Don't think I've been this low ever or at least in the last 4/5 years anyway.

I've been taking hits galore to get my squad right. Just been a horror season all round. Kind of feel like the pressure is off now though! Might as well enjoy the season and see where it takes me.

I'm about 100 plus points off top spot in all of my private leagues. To put that in perspective though, this time last season in a good few leagues I was 40-50 points ahead of 2nd place. I ended up finishing 5th/6th in a few local leagues to lads who were well over 100 points down on me.

Long story short. Don't give up the ghost. Enjoy the game for what it is. It can turn either way really quickly, as it did the other way for me last season. Just keep on trucking PVA!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

mdwexford wrote: »
    Overall rank up to a season high of 15,895. :)

I am thinking of deleting my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

50 with Kane and Monreal to go, decent week up 800k places to 1.85m, plenty of time PVA and McBain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

40 points for a GW rank of 718k, and OR 58k (jump of 35k).
    Davies, Alli and Kane (C) to go.
    Otamendi the standout today, with Elliot, Bertrand and Choupo-Moting chipping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Thought I had an ok week with 42 but jumped up to 605k from 940k!! Otamendi and Yoshida saved me big time. Have 15 points on my bench so still kind of disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

patmac wrote: »
    50 with Kane and Monreal to go, decent week up 800k places to 1.85m, plenty of time PVA and McBain.

Is there anyone else you want to patronise while you’re at it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Feenix wrote: »

Don't think that's Patronising at all. Jaysus someones a bit salty. Rough week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Don't think that's Patronising at all. Jaysus someones a bit salty. Rough week?

Captained Sterling.

Captained Sterling.

Yar me to! Good Ol Vardy VC

I deleted MOTD without even watching it :D

Thanks guys - hopefully just a one off blip for him. Will keep him for now anyway.

yeh I'm holding also mate. He just didn't look fully fit tbh. Link up play poor and holding up the ball poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

km79 wrote: »
    I deleted MOTD without even watching it :D
    Record MOTD2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I hate pep the p***k. PTP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I hate pep the p***k. PTP

TPT to come in because of PTP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

He did, for sterling. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

AnneFrank wrote: »
    He did, for sterling. :(

Likewise - you know you have had a bad week when TPT is one of your star performers :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cedric getting forward a good bit, pity he's useless.

Blasphemy!

I might have figured out the mystery of hid lack of assists.
    He tried a right footed cross and it was closet to the corner flag. Another one he cut back on hid left foot and it wasn't too bad.

He might be left footed, I'll bring it up at the next Cedric fan club meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

20 from 7. Had Surman as second sub but Jesus and Mikhy put paid to that. Mind you when you’re clinging to Surman you know you’re getting desperate.

Kola, Bavies, Eriksen and Captain Kane to go. He’s screwed me the last two times I’ve captained him but feeling better about today. Think it’s gonna be a good match. Don’t hold up much hope for Bavies clean sheet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Thanks for your wonderful reply, You seem like a fine fellow and I look forward to hearing more of your magnificent musings. Is that patronising enough for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Up to 1.5m...best rank since GW1. It has to get better from now on right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

McGrath5 wrote: »
    39 point with Kane (c), Erikson & Davies to go.

Moved up to 2300 in the global rankings, onwards and upwards.

Pretty good!

Thankfully it looks like you didn't join the Boards league, so there's still hope for the rest of us :pac:

Up to 1.5m...best rank since GW1. It has to get better from now on right?!

Ask PVA :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

30 pts no hits with Kane (c) and 3 others to play. Down to 9k overall but a good Kane show might get me back up.

Was at the City Burnley game yesterday. Great buzz seeing Leroy pop in that goal in the flesh for my team! (though he missed a sitter straight after)

Today will be a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

34 with Davies, Kolasinac and Kane to go, plus TPT to come off the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Everton: Pickford; Keane, Williams, Jagielka; Kenny, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Baines; Calvert-Lewin, Vlasic, Rooney

Arsenal: Cech; Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Bellerin, Ramsey, Xhaka, Kolasinac; Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette

Advertisement