Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

67 no hits. Still had one blank counting, only one sub scored any points with Bavies and Sterling getting 0 a piece.

Somewhat happy, maintained or gained positions in most leagues I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

When Surman gets subbed in it'll bring my score to 89 for the week.

Finally, doing nothing pays off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

"Only" 82, no hits. I had been adding Lascelles autosub points onto the Fffix score earlier when they had included them.

Great week, back in contention in pay league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

27 (-4) Got rid of Kane for Morata. GW to eradicate from memory *activate wildcard*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Finished on 119, happy enough

Annoyed about Alonso and Mkhitaryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PVA wrote: »
    Finished on 119, happy enough

Annoyed about Alonso and Mkhitaryan

Average here is about 250 mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Up to 116k
    Happy enough with that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

61 and a green arrow so survived the Sterling captain/Jesus vice captain debacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

After GW5 my OR was 2.2million. four GW's later I'm at 400K.

Included in those four weeks is a stinker where my GW rank was 3.6million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    82 in the end. Very happy with that. Kane captain with a huge chunk of that.

Yikes.
    That is a 86k GW rank and a 13k OR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

All out for 70, inside the top 250k for the 1st time since GW1.
    Hopefully starting to motor now.

A loss 80-74 in the FPl premier league really sticks in the craw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

An unlikely 62 points and a green arrow to about 600k!

Guess I'll have to put putting the armband on Jesus over Kane and no sterling down to one of those weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭McGrath5

74 points this week, happy I held my nerve and kept Kane as my captain.

Up to 700 in the global rankings too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

PVA wrote: »
    Eriksen has scored in his last 6 games on the trot for Denmark, but can't seem to find the same form for Spurs. As an Irishman with one eye on the upcoming play-offs, I really hope this swaps around...

Both of his free kicks led to goals today, and he ends on 2 points. Disappointing

He did score last week to be fair, although its too often when Spurs run up big scores, he'll blank or only have a single assist . Bit like D.Silva who I'll probably need to sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

79 points to finish thanks to captain Kane running riot. That was in addition to Salah, Ramsey and Monreal hauls to make it a Super Sunday to enjoy for once.

Since GW5, I've climbed from 1.1 million to my current rank of 34k. Heading into GW10 with 2 FTs as well so things are looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

61 and a green up to 900K.
    Have to remind myself that this is the way it is every year and you eventually pass out the players who've burned chips already.

Before this GW Eriksen was the highest scoring player in the game. Just saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

KevIRL wrote: »
    Before this GW Eriksen was the highest scoring player in the game. Just saying...

I've a way more patience when a striker blanks but I get a bit annoyed when a premium midfielder blanks and loose patience quite quickly

1.2M to 425k, trying to resist the urge to crack open a celebratory -8.

• Advertisement

Very true, but is he the best use of £9.6m when you have Sane, Sterling and Salah with better fixtures and looking more likely to score?

I'll likely hold him as the rest of my team is in tatters, hopefully he becomes something of a differential as people offload for Hazard and Sanchez

Like I said earlier, it would be lovely if he could start firing in the goals for Spurs and blanking for Denmark...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thought my 50 would bring me to a couple of points off top of my work league and then the fella in 4th got 91 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

68 (-4). F*cking delighted. Monster score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

54(-8) for me. Red arrows galore. Delighted tho tbh, looked so much worse yesterday.

Wish I had the VC on Kane instead of Vardy :(

Survived Last Man Standing most importantly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

73 this week, up to 4k overall.

Kane doing a great job, and the two Watford lads continue to work magic for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

After GW5 my OR was 2.2million. four GW's later I'm at 400K.

Included in those four weeks is a stinker where my GW rank was 3.6million.
    Since GW5, I've climbed from 1.1 million to my current rank of 34k. Heading into GW10 with 2 FTs as well so things are looking good.
    PARlance wrote: »
    1.2M to 425k, trying to resist the urge to crack open a celebratory -8.

As if further proof was necessary that people saying their season was over or talking about deleting their team after less than 1/4 of the season is silly, my OR after GW5 was 3,009,226. 4 gameweeks later my OR is 206,499. Nothing to say that I won't be outside 1m in a couple of weeks but even if I am I won't be giving up, it only takes a couple of good weeks in a row to turn things around.

I wouldn't say it's silly, when the game stops being fun sometimes the best thing to do is quit. It's only a game after all.

Last season was a chore for me from GW1-GW36, and thankfully I had two huge weeks at the end for a respectable finish in the top 50k, albeit still the worst in 6 seasons. This season has all the hallmarks of being measurably worse. I've little interest in grinding out another season of sh*t week after sh*t week. Either the next few weeks do a massive U-Turn on the first 9 or I'm switching off until next year and enjoying the footie for the sport alone...

Hence why I'm looking at using my chips over the coming weeks, starting with the Free Hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

53 for the week drop to 53k. Was on kane captain all week changed to hazard sat morning.

53 for the week drop to 53k. Was on kane captain all week changed to hazard sat morning.

Friday night deadline Busts... get the story straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Friday night deadline Busts... get the story straight.

Ha ha busts was busted.

Advertisement