Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo restoration limerick

• 20-10-2017 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I need to get an old picture restored it has faded a lot and has water marks . Is there any place in limerick that can restore it for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

goodasgold wrote: »
    I need to get an old picture restored it has faded a lot and has water marks . Is there any place in limerick that can restore it for me.

As a graphic designer (LSAD graduate with almost 20 years in the industry), it pains me to say that most photoshop whiz-kids will be able to do this nowadays. Depending on how bad the original is.

...Along with some of the pharmacies offering photo prints. Pretty sure I've seen it advertised in those places too.

Have you to get the photo scanned also? Can't give you an exact idea on price I'm afraid. Depends on the quality, scanning and amount of retouching. I'd imagine most people would need an hour or 2 to do a good job.

Expect to pay 60-100? Including scanning and new prints/digital copy on email.

As a graphic designer (LSAD graduate with almost 20 years in the industry), it pains me to say that most photoshop whiz-kids will be able to do this nowadays. Depending on how bad the original is.

...Along with some of the pharmacies offering photo prints. Pretty sure I've seen it advertised in those places too.

Have you to get the photo scanned also? Can't give you an exact idea on price I'm afraid. Depends on the quality, scanning and amount of retouching. I'd imagine most people would need an hour or 2 to do a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 charleshardin

I have used two places in Limerick - but it was some years back, so check that they are still providing the service!

The first is Whelans Cameras at 30 O'Connell Street, a few doors up from the Augustinian Church. Their phone number is 061- 415246

The other is Eglestons, which is in Leopold House, a red-brick building at the junction of O'Connell Avenue and Quinn Street - up around the Redemptorist Church. Their phone number is 061-413866.

I am sure there are others in Limerick too, and of course nowadays, lots of people with Photoshop can do a superb job anyway.

If you are ever in Dublin, there is a place called Pictorium Photoshop, which has a website showing you "before and after" samples of their work.

They are at 3 Monkstown Court, Oliver Plunkett Road, Monkstown Farm (Opposite The Credit Union), Glenageary, Co. Dublin Tellephone 01 284 6106. They quote a price "from €10", so I suppose it all depends on how much work is required.

I had a fairly ruined photo some years ago which I got restored on Fiverr, which carries offers lots of similar services. Not only did they restore it, but they also "coloured" it. The cost was $10, but of course, you have to be able to scan your original and email it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goodasgold

thanks will try and give these guys a ring tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I think Hogans Pharmacy, Upr.William St. also provide this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goodasgold

i went to Whelans Cameras at 30 O'Connell Street, and they did a great job and they were reasonable with the pricing

Advertisement