Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv channels

Options
  • 20-10-2017 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46 Dringe123

Free to air dish out of action since storm and is probably finished. Wondering does anyone have Eir Tv (have Eir broadband & phone). Never had Sky & would prefer not to get it. Would be grateful for suggestions of TV providers.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Dringe123 wrote: »
    Free to air dish out of action since storm and is probably finished. Wondering does anyone have Eir Tv (have Eir broadband & phone). Never had Sky & would prefer not to get it. Would be grateful for suggestions of TV providers.
    Thanks

It's very basic. If you don't mind paying the extra for what is really just BBC1, 2 and Channel 4 then it's alright. You don't get UTV. The rest of the channels are rubbish, to me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Might be worth replacing the dish. THere were some posts on the Sligo pages in the past with recommendations for installers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103929310

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99077718

• How do you know it's the dish that's faulty? Is it a rust bucket? How old is it?

It could very well be the cable that's faulty which would cost very little to replace if you are able to do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Get your self down to Satplanet in town. Sell pretty much everything in relation to FTA (satalite) and Saorview. Boxes, cables, dishes, and Aerials, etc. Lads there are great, set up my new dish, cabling to my selected rooms, and tested before they left.

My set up is Freesat. FTA box, marketed and sold in the UK, gives you all the UK stations, the same as you would get on the basic Sky/Virgin/Eir packages, apart from the Irish and their own branded ones. Satplanet sell a couple of their boxes, but it's only a short trip to Currys in Enniskillen, and Amazon deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Dringe123

Thanks folksm. Storm Brian landed the very rusty dish on the ground! Still,lasted well over 10 years Think we'll get another dish so Mint Sauce really appreciate your advice especially regarding installation, that would beyond me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Get your self down to Satplanet in town. Sell pretty much everything in relation to FTA (satalite) and Saorview. Boxes, cables, dishes, and Aerials, etc. Lads there are great, set up my new dish, cabling to my selected rooms, and tested before they left.

Highly recommend these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Any ideas on getting sat channels in areas with lots of tall trees? I'm on Strandhill road and renting. Guys from Adelaide St and Sky said no can do...I hate it when installers or plumbers make funny noises when looking at a job... Any advise

Price per month and a 12 month contract are important as are broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Any ideas on getting sat channels in areas with lots of tall trees? I'm on Strandhill road and renting. Guys from Adelaide St and Sky said no can do...I hate it when installers or plumbers make funny noises when looking at a job... Any advise

Price per month and a 12 month contract are important as are broadband

Could try virgin media via cable

Advertisement