Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Issues & W

Options
  • 20-10-2017 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi, I have Efibre for over 2 years, service has been generally good. Surviving recent Ophelia storm, everything was still in tack and working well. However, yesterday (Wed 18th Oct), we first lost wifi, then we lost Evision (very strange as I could get Amazon Prime via wifi on my TV).
    Thursday - I explored issue. Plugged netbook directly to router via router and got a signal but could not get wifi.
    Phoned technical support - (all the usually, reset, change cables etc). Eventually Agent set-up a new home Wifi and things seemed fine. Put onto Evision support, tried everything but nothing worked. 

I think the problem is with the router rather than the Evision box (but could be wrong)

I use tp-link homeplugs (with integrated extenders) and everything was great for the last year. But now - its rubbish. No TV, wifi poor and intermittent, no ethernet output.

Any ideas for a solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi, I have Efibre for over 2 years, service has been generally good. Surviving recent Ophelia storm, everything was still in tack and working well. However, yesterday (Wed 18th Oct), we first lost wifi, then we lost Evision (very strange as I could get Amazon Prime via wifi on my TV).
    Thursday - I explored issue. Plugged netbook directly to router via router and got a signal but could not get wifi.
    Phoned technical support - (all the usually, reset, change cables etc). Eventually Agent set-up a new home Wifi and things seemed fine. Put onto Evision support, tried everything but nothing worked. 

I think the problem is with the router rather than the Evision box (but could be wrong)

I use tp-link homeplugs (with integrated extenders) and everything was great for the last year. But now - its rubbish. No TV, wifi poor and intermittent, no ethernet output.

Any ideas for a solution?
    Hi Bravobabe, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your service.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be unable to advise on this from here, the support team on 1890 260 260 would need to troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. They'll be able to advise on all and if a new modem is required they can supply this also. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement