Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm now tempted to go Kane to Jesus and leave both Jesus and Aguero up front for a few weeks. Leave the armband on Salah for this GW to avoid a ctastrophe.
    I am looking at Morata and Lacazette as other options but neither are convincing me, nice fixture this week but it turns sour thereafter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

nice fixture this week but it turns sour thereafter.

FreeHit
    FreeHit
    FreeHit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have already done my FT. Is it worth getting a -4 in to replace Kane?

Already have Jesus, Sterling & Walker so getting Aguero in is out of the question if he is due to start. Also Vardy upfront.

Lukaku to replace with, maybe Morata as I have no Chelsea cover at all. Is Lacazette even an option anymore?

Or is it just a case of leaving it for this week and hoping he comes back next week?

With Kane out, I’ll have to replace him with RLC with double Palace attack with Zaha. Worrying :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

PVA wrote: »
    FreeHit
    FreeHit
    FreeHit

You make a good argument!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Kane likely out for just one match right? And it's United away, not the worst to miss.

Will be keeping him in if it's just this one match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Morzadec wrote: »
    Kane likely out for just one match right? And it's United away, not the worst to miss.

Will be keeping him in if it's just this one match
    Reckon they might give him a rest following week V Palace too, it's international break then so would get to keep him out of those friendlies too. Gives him 4 weeks to recover properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Reckon they might give him a rest following week V Palace too, it's international break then so would get to keep him out of those friendlies too. Gives him 4 weeks to recover properly.

They have Real midweek so if he is fit for that he will be back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's very minor according to Poch.

I don't see him being rested before the international break if he's fit for Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm keeping Kane. He's likely to be fit for Palace and it's too big of a risk to go without for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm seriously eyeing up the free hit here and I never thought I would consider outside of a dgw / skinny week.

But with Sterling and Aguero likely to be benched, Kane and Cout injured and then my bench fodder (Suttner, King, Mbemba) all unlikely to start, my team is starting to look a shambles for this week (but pretty solid longterm).

Seems like the type of week a free hit is made for, but then again will I regret it later in the season?

Either that or a minus 8 and still possibly only field 10 players

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Can a free hit be made after 2 transfers this week, I don't see the button, all I see is "make transfers" button and I'm a little nervous about hitting it for -28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Put Pope in nets

You can say Vatican!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

begbysback wrote: »
    Can a free hit be made after 2 transfers this week, I don't see the button, all I see is "make transfers" button and I'm a little nervous about hitting it for -28

Make another transfer, option pops up then.

This is what I'm thinking, he's vital to them and they might be happy to take their chance against Palace.

Edit: Forgot about CL game

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Is Salah to Eriksen madness? very tempted with free hit option this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Are Spurs more likely to score against Utd than Liverpool are to score against Huddersfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Sterling to Richarlison there. Now to decide whether to play Carroll/RLC or sell one of them for Gross.

I would imagine that the vast majority would go for Salah over Eriksen this week, especially with Kane out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So is Lacazette the best bet for replacing kane for a week. Have jesus and Lukaku already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Free Hit temptation resisted.

Mooy > Zaha
    Kane > Lacazette

Done for a -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm running out of time to finalise team on free hit
    any glaring omissions
    Pope (Elliot)
    matip otamendi kolasinic (Duffy hunemar )
    Sanchez richarlson zaha sane salah
    jesus vardy (mitrovic )

I only have one playing sub .......although mitro came on last week
    I know I could go cheaper than matip but he has a serious Goa
    threat
    Amy advice .1 in bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Kane out for Lacazette -4 and giving him the captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm really bad at understanding this rule, but is Kane price protected? It makes a huge difference to what I do with him.

if I sell him for Lacazette or Morata, I don't have enough to bring him back in, unless he drops 0.1 in the next couple of days.
    Standard rule has always been.

a) when a player goes from no flag to yellow/orange/red then the amount of transfers needed for a change is increased, but he can still go down. i.e., not price protected.

Correct.

b) when a player goes from yellow/orange/red to no flag then he is price protected for some amount of days.

Only red flag to clear gets price protected.
    Markx wrote: »
    We know B is not true any more since Hernandez/Davies last Friday night - so I say all bets are off now.

A bit misleading/inaccurate. There are no resets anymore. So a flagged player on -80% (say) who gets the all clear will still be on -80%
    begbysback wrote: »
    If I've made 2 free transfers, and now use free hit - will I have 1 or 2 ft next week?
    You'll have 1FT per the rules.

Correct

Who you'll have regarding the transfers you've already made is anybody's guess...

Activating the free-hit-chip will override all earlier transfers in that week.
    You get your squad back from the previous GW and are subject to price rise and falls that happen to them for the week of the free-hit-chip.

Now my dilemma is whether to WC tonight or use the free-hit-chip or just take a -8 to remove Kane, Coutinho and Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sanchez (c) and firmino or
    Salah and lacazatte (c)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sanchez (c) and firmino or
    Salah and lacazatte (c)?

Much of a muchness really tbh, I'm on the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Am I the only mug keeping Kane despite being out? Could do it for -4 but if it's a one week job it could turn into a -8 out and in again for one player. My defender subbing in for him could get a clean sheet. If that were to happen the striker i would have got in would have to score 10-14 points just to cover a -4 and maybe ultimately a -8. Not to mention having transfers that would otherwise be getting used on Kane out and in.

Free hit is for later in the year for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Elliott
    Ward, Jones, Naughton
    Grob, Salah, Mikhi, Ritchie
    Vardy, Lukaku, Kane
    Foster, Sutter, Mbemba, King.

Lacazette or Aguero a better replacement for Kane?
    I have two free transfers and 3.1 mil banked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dsmythy wrote: »
    Am I the only mug keeping Kane despite being out? Could do it for -4 but if it's a one week job it could turn into a -8 out and in again for one player. My defender subbing in for him could get a clean sheet. If that were to happen the striker i would have got in would have to score 10-14 points just to cover a -4 and maybe ultimately a -8. Not to mention having transfers that would otherwise be getting used on Kane out and in.

Free hit is for later in the year for me.

I'm keeping him. Cant see a worthy replacement and its not worth the loss of 4 points or a FT out and in again. Certainly couldnt replace him with Lacazette again. Ive owned him twice, got one goal out of him and much frustration both times. Never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Keeping him too, I wasn't expecting much from him this weekend anyway. I have little confidence in Lacazette doing much this weekend and Morata looks off the pace too, have Vardy and Jesus so happy enough with my other strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I am keeping him too - could have seen him blanking possibly anyway this week so TPT coming in for him is pretty much a straight swap! :D

Advertisement