Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So...who are the 3 strikers to go with now? Kane is an obvious but the other two I'm unsure about. United's form and fixtures not great, so no love for Rom for me. Likewise with Arsenal and Laca. Jesus and Kun, who to pick? And for the third option, it's possible guess work and punts. I took a punt on Diouf and he scored. Might keep him for a while and possibly look to get Firminho in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

I’m going with Aguero in for Lukaku to go with Kane and Jesus up front for the next few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Might sacrifice Lukaku to get sanchez in. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Might sacrifice Lukaku to get sanchez in. Thoughts?

Would have no issue selling lukaku
    I did it 4 weeks ago
    He ain't going to explode any work imo
    Arsenal's fixture after next week are nasty, dressing room still not right and Everton were pure and utter posion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Was going to bank but Bavies is looking really uncertain now to start at Spurs, so likely Bavies out for Moreno or Gomez. Moreno obviously the more attractive option but have a slight fear of rotation for him as he's been playing a lot whereas Gomez / TAA seem to be locked in for EPL / CL respectively

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Was going to bank but Bavies is looking really uncertain now to start at Spurs, so likely Bavies out for Moreno or Gomez. Moreno obviously the more attractive option but have a slight fear of rotation for him as he's been playing a lot whereas Gomez / TAA seem to be locked in for EPL / CL respectively

Are you watching them trying to defend today ???????

km79 wrote: »
    Are you watching them trying to defend today ???????

As a Liverpool fan unfortunately I am!

But the fixtures coming up are pretty good and Moreno and Gomez are as cheap (4.5) as any starting defender you'll find in the game.

Huddersfield will almost certainly park the bus and there's a pretty good chance of a cleany.

These defensive issues are nothing new, but they still managed 12 clean sheets last season (7th highest in the league) - any defender for a top 6 team at 4.5 is always going to be worthy of consideration. Even this year they have 3 clean sheets so that's a 33% return - something you'll take all day long for a 4.5er.

Open to suggestions for other 4.5ers though if you have any better ones in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Was gonna bring in a Liverpool attacker.
    This game hasn't made it any clearer.
    Salah or Coutinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Bavies out :mad:

Anyone but Bavies in :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Salah or Coutinho?

Salah sits quietly in my team. Sometimes I forget he's even there. But he sure is a consistent player! Any match I've seen him in, he's always bombing forward and taking plenty of shots. I'll be keeping him for a while.

• Advertisement

Salah or Coutinho?

I have Coutinho, but if money was no issue and I was bringing one in it'd probably be Salah, he just gets way more chances and has been putting up pretty good goal / assist numbers all season.

Tough call, but Salah just about for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I’ve .1 to play with so I’ll be keeping a close eye on Aguero/Lukaku rises or drops, that’ll be my only transfer this week I’d say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Who's place is more nailed on between Gomez and Moreno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Did Bavies to Kiko Fermania Friday night, don't remember doing it but the evidence is there. Does have decent fixtures in the next 4 with STK, Everton, WHU, Newc.

1 more FT and have £2.3M to upgrade one of TPT, Ibe in midfield. Suttner in defence is a problem that can probably wait.

edit : Ibe -> Richarlison looks an obvious one, Gros a candidate also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Fab & Alonso out for sure,no idea who to bring in,Gross/Richarlison and a Spurs defender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Morzadec wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan unfortunately I am!

But the fixtures coming up are pretty good and Moreno and Gomez are as cheap (4.5) as any starting defender you'll find in the game.

Huddersfield will almost certainly park the bus and there's a pretty good chance of a cleany.

These defensive issues are nothing new, but they still managed 12 clean sheets last season (7th highest in the league) - any defender for a top 6 team at 4.5 is always going to be worthy of consideration. Even this year they have 3 clean sheets so that's a 33% return - something you'll take all day long for a 4.5er.

Open to suggestions for other 4.5ers though if you have any better ones in mind!

Only way I'd squeeze a Pool defender into my team would be as a 3.9/4.0 enabler.

They are 15th in the league in terms of Goals conceded. (with 16 goals conceded)
    Only teams worse off are;
    Stoke (20)
    Palace (19)
    Everton (18)
    Watford/West Ham (17)

With 3 clean sheets so far this season only Leicester, Bournemouth, Everton and Stoke have fewer than Liverpool.

So they're not exactly in good company.

Better 4.4/4.5 options are starters for most other teams.

My picks for better options would be any of the following;

Dunk/Francis/Manquillo (4.4)

Burnley, Swansea, Leicester and Huddersfield all have defenders starting regularly at 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

PVA wrote:
    Who's place is more nailed on between Gomez and Moreno?

Both the same at the moment. I'd go with Moreno for attacking potential and he's also playing surprisingly well lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Both the same at the moment. I'd go with Moreno for attacking potential and he's also playing surprisingly well lately.

Are you sure your looking at the right player!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Anyone doing Jesus to Aguerro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Fab & Alonso out for sure,no idea who to bring in,Gross/Richarlison and a Spurs defender

I was all set on Alonso out but with Bournemouth next he's getting another chance as I've bigger problems wouldn't be bringing in a Spurs defender this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Well I'm basing that on a low starting point. I think he's an awful defender but he hasn't been as bad lately. Anyway it doesn't matter, he's good going forward and they get a lot of clean sheets at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was all set on Alonso out but with Bournemouth next he's getting another chance as I've bigger problems wouldn't be bringing in a Spurs defender this week

Not the scariest thing against the United of late. If you want Spurs cover long term then I wouldn't be holding off just for United.

I've a lot of thinking to do now !
    Probably stretch to an eight point hit and make 4 changes
    Bavies might stay but will move him on at some point maybe for trippier!

Despite tonight's result, and Huddersfield beating United yesterday, Liverpool are still the most likely to keep a clean sheet next week

I'm looking at a backline that includes Davies (injured?), Mbemba (dropped), Lowe (Liverpool A) and Hegazi (Man City H).

If I can get a £4.5m Liverpool defender in for Hegazi to go with the recently bought Duffy, it will help...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Anyone know how likely Mariappa is to keep his place for the next few weeks?

Sitting down with my accountant in the morning to try squeeze in Aguero, and maybe Sanchez as a differential in my midfield. :confused:

I'm going to wait and see who starts up front for city before making all my transfers .......I'll probably wait for all the midweek games to be over actually

km79 wrote: »
    I'm going to wait and see who starts up front for city before making all my transfers .......I'll probably wait for all the midweek games to be over actually

After Sterling came off early midweek and Aguero got 0 minutes, the most likely scenario was Sterling and Jesus starting at the weekend. Easy for Aguero owners to say it was 'obvious' he would start, especially after Peps tweet, but the truth is its impossible to figure out what team he is likely to play.

I'm done chopping and changing, regardless what team he starts midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

-12 but I feel I need it

Eriksen KdB Jesus Vardy Bavies OUT
    Zaha Coutinho Kane Morata Otamendi IN

Nothing left in the bank

manual_man wrote: »
    -12 but I feel I need it

Eriksen KdB Jesus Vardy Bavies OUT
    Zaha Coutinho Kane Morata Otamendi IN

Nothing left in the bank

I like the look of Zaha this week against West Ham, they look awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

He is. Moreno has been playing ok this season. Anyone who thinks otherwise is judging him on his history and not his current level of play.

Moreno at 4.5 is a good shout for anyone looking to rotate. Liverpool have only conceded one goal at home this season. Just don’t play him away from Anfield!

Advertisement