Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

km79 wrote: »
    Slattsy wrote: »
    How did Morata do at the weekend lads, i didnt see any of the game.

I see he's close to a rise, i was hoping to wait another week.[/quote
    Woeful
    Hardly touched the ball

I'll stick with Lacazette for another week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

dsmythy wrote:
    If we get Aguero are we all going to lose the rag if Jesus plays while Ageuro sits on the bench?

I'll burn this place to the ground :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Think I'll have to abandon Jesus.

Morata would be my first choice, but I've half an eye on who Leicester appoint with Vardy at home against Everton next week.

I haven't seen enough of Lacazette so he's my distant third choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'll burn this place to the ground :)

It would only be fair for Aguero and Sane to be dropped this week

And we all know that FPL is always fair...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

steve_r wrote: »
    Think I'll have to abandon Jesus.

Morata would be my first choice, but I've half an eye on who Leicester appoint with Vardy at home against Everton next week.

I haven't seen enough of Lacazette so he's my distant third choice.

I've seen enough
    Don't touch him

• Advertisement

Alexis is giving me the eyes
    Only 3%owned
    Id captain him as well
    But nasty fixtures after and I think Everton made arsenal look like a happy camp which was some going !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I wouldn't be dropping city attackers just because they didn't start one GW.
    If they start even 2 of every 3 games they will return plenty plenty of points. Dropping one for another is senseless and knee jerkey as the one you buy is just as likely to be in the bench next week.

Dunk and Sanchez
    Or
    Otamendi and Salah (who is widely owned in my league )

I'll have to be sensible on this one
    And then capstone vardy to make up for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

PVA wrote: »
    Despite tonight's result, and Huddersfield beating United yesterday, Liverpool are still the most likely to keep a clean sheet next week

I'm looking at a backline that includes Davies (injured?), Mbemba (dropped), Lowe (Liverpool A) and Hegazi (Man City H).

If I can get a £4.5m Liverpool defender in for Hegazi to go with the recently bought Duffy, it will help...

Replace Bavies with Trippier and that's my backline at the moment too. Oh and Naughton (Arsenal A).

I'll be lucky if my entire defence returns more than 0 next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

lads what do ye think of bakayoko at £5.1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    lads what do ye think of bakayoko at £5.1?

He's a DM, so likely low scoring and likely to pick up cards.

I have Brady and Renato Sanches as that cheap midfield enabler option. Both have done very little but you can't expect much at that price. Brady is on set pieces at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Things change very quickly in here, 2 weeks ago all the big guns were striking and we were trying to figure out which of the big strikers to go for. Now seems all have gone cold we seem to be warning ourselves off all of them again. Who are the preferred front 3 at the moment, Kane + who?

Lukaku - 2 blanks in a row
    Lacazette - km79 says don't touch him
    Morata - km79 says he's woeful
    Jesus - rotation risk
    Aguero - just back from injury
    Vardy - 3 blanks in a row, Leicester look rubbish
    Firmino - eh, yeah.

Or are we back to one budget striker and Kane/Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Things change very quickly in here, 2 weeks ago all the big guns were striking and we were trying to figure out which of the big strikers to go for. Now seems all have gone cold we seem to be warning ourselves off all of them again. Who are the preferred front 3 at the moment, Kane + who?

Lukaku - 2 blanks in a row bad fixtures
    Lacazette - km79 says don't touch him bad fixtures, sanchez back
    Morata - km79 says he's woeful good fixtures and Hazard will probably help him return more
    Jesus - rotation risk still scores well
    Aguero - just back from injury as per Jesus
    Vardy - 3 blanks in a row, Leicester look rubbish New manager incoming,
    decent fixtures for a couple of weeks

Firmino - eh, yeah. Liverpool mids offer better value

I've had 3 premium [no Kane] and Kane, Premium + Vardy. I think the latter provides more balance and you can just leave captaincy on Kane.

With no budget strikers offering anything of note I think best bet is to go for 3 big strikers. Morata/Aguero/Kane best options atm. Can easily be fit in now given premium defenders gone missing and Watford mids offering real value. If Palace pull the finger out then Zaha or RLC will mean you'll easily have a balanced team even with 3 big up top.

Jesus - rotation risk
    Firmino - eh, yeah.

I'll be keeping vardy for next 2 and then looking at Defoe or Josh king for Bournemouths great run. They need to play next 2 though so I can see them in action
    Lukaku also on consideration as they have back to back home games Brighton and Newcastle
    City then have the same so jesus may have made way so I'll get aguero
    :D
    I'm taking a hit this week tomorrow out midfield and defence and then will be using transfers on forwards for a few weeks probably

Had an eye on Defoe for this run but he’s out with a hamstring and there’s not much info to the extent of the injury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Replace Bavies with Trippier and that's my backline at the moment too. Oh and Naughton (Arsenal A).

I'll be lucky if my entire defence returns more than 0 next weekend.

Davies and De Gea have been the only players at the back to return any points for me tbh. Next few transfers will be focusing on getting Chicharito out and fixing my defence. The rest of the team can stay as is till Christmas, if these all suddenly lose form my season will be over anyway. Done trying to second guess Pep and get form players in at the right time!

These look great on paper, up to the FPL Gods whether they deliver or not...

Eriksen -- Richarlison -- Salah -- Sterling

Jesus -- Kane -- Chicharito

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jesus - rotation risk
    Firmino - eh, yeah.

Im in the Kane, one from Jesus/aguero/ lukaku/morata and a cheap striker camp. The problem is getting the cheap striker I was happy with hemed but he got banned. On joselu at the minute who I don't like will prob end up on ayew or Abraham. Prefer the extra money for better mids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

My defence is a mess - Jones, Bavies, Kolasinac, Wimmer, Mbemba. Need to sort it out this week, but also have Mkhi who I need to get rid of before another price drop. I'm a bit worried about Morata being dropped, but I will have to take a chance on him.

Considering a -8 to do the following:

Mkhi > Salah
    Davies > Gomez
    Wimmer > Ward

I have not taken a hit since a -8 in GW2. I don't usually like taking hits to transfer defenders, but I think this will be worth it. Any thoughts?

Terrified to be going into the Last Man Standing already -8 behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Im in the Kane, one from Jesus/aguero/ lukaku/morata and a cheap striker camp. The problem is getting the cheap striker I was happy with hemed but he got banned. On joselu at the minute who I don't like will prob end up on ayew or Abraham. Prefer the extra money for better mids.

Diouf has 25 points (9, 9, 7) in his last 3 and has decent enough fixtures for the next few weeks. Cheap at 5.5m and seems to be guaranteed 90 mins too.

Diouf has 25 points (9, 9, 7) in his last 3 and has decent enough fixtures for the next few weeks. Cheap at 5.5m and seems to be guaranteed 90 mins too.
    Is he playing up front again or right wing back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is he playing up front again or right wing back ?

Up front.

Up front.

Interesting I'm watching motd now I'd discounted him due to the wingback role.

Interesting I'm watching motd now I'd discounted him due to the wingback role.

Actually looking at the lineup it could be Jesé up front with Diouf and Chupa Chups on the wings. I have yet to watch MOTD. Johnson and Pieters were the wing-backs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

News flash stoke are sh!te. I would keep away from them if at all possible

Actually looking at the lineup it could be Jesé up front with Diouf and Chupa Chups on the wings. I have yet to watch MOTD. Johnson and Pieters were the wing-backs though.

Didn't watch motd this weekend and deleted it die to the carnage Saturday !!!!!
    So anyone who has watched it was he up front or RWB
    He has been rwb when playing for last year
    Didn't realize glen Johnson was back . He is only 4.4 I think. Pity he and they can't defend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Didn't realize glen Johnson was back . He is only 4.4 I think. Pity he and they can't defend!

I think Stoke rotate, with him nominally in as a right sided forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He looked off the pace really and was hooked on the hour mark.

Morata played 90 on Wednesday evening just back from injury. Then starts again Saturday. Not exactly sensible management from Conté. I'd still say Morata is first choice, form was good prior to injury. Batman to start Caribou cup then Morata to start vs Bournemouth I'd say.

No he wasn't RWB, Johnson was. He was either right wing or striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jesus - rotation risk
    Firmino - eh, yeah.

Kane, Lacazette & Vardy for me. Can't really see that changing until I can figure out Pep which is going to be hard done.

I think it's going to be 4-3-3 from him and I think it's going to be an either / or situation with Jesus / Aguero. I would bring Aguero in today but my Pepdar is saying it'll be Jesus 70, Aguero 20 for WBA. Going to leave it a few weeks if I can.

I'm secretly hoping one of them gets injured, it would make things a lot easier.

Firmino or Lukaku are very unlikely to be in my team anytime soon. Lukaku because of his price and Firmino because of better Pool options.
    I haven't really given Morata much thought but he's an ideal replacement for Lacazette if that needs to be done. Can't see me going with Jesus anytime soon, he'll score, but with only 3 spots up for grabs I don't want that uncertainty.

Regarding my 3:

Kane, no brainer. Still can't believe he dropped in price last week.

Lacazette, I would be lying if I said I didn't doubt him but with Sanchez and Ozil looking (for Jan moves) good at the moment, I think he'll start banging them in.

Vardy, at 2-3M less than most others, it's not really a like for like. If Leicester start performing, he could well match everyone bar Kane/Aguero. That peno miss against Pool was a massive blow to him imo. Hopefully he can get the confidence up again soon. Everton a good game to do it.

• Advertisement

Watched motd diouf definetly started centrally. Crouch came on at HT from highlights it was hard to work out where diouf was playing then.

Advertisement