Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

bantee wrote: »
    I’ll decide after the weekend but I’d like to get Aguero back in again, it’d be probably for Lukaku instead of Kane though.

Aguero played 120 mins last nite, Jesus 82 so Jesus more likely to start and/or play 90 mins at the w/e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Elliot Gomes
    Kolasinic Stones Cedric Naughton Games
    Dilva Hazard Atsu Carroll Chalobah
    Kane Morata Jesus

I have Morata as Chelsea cover but worried about lack of Liverpool with their favourable fixtures.
    I take your point about banking but feel like Liverpool might comeback with a bang after last week's disaster.

1.1m itb
    1 FT

Well there's not an awful lot that needs fixing in that team so I can see why you would consider using the transfer there. You also have Chelsea cover in Morata and no Liverpool cover so makes sense.

My opinion would still probably be that, if this was my team, my move would probably be to use this week as an opportunity to improve my bench fodder (Chalobah or Games) to someone who plays and has a chance for points. Games for a Liverpool defender (Gomes or Moreno at 4.5) would probably be my move with this team - even if it's a bit of a boring transfer it notably improves your squad for this gameweek and for the next few games.

There's definitely nothing wrong with your argument though, if you feel Liverpool will score big this week then that seems the logical move. As frustrating as they've been they are capable of turning on the goals. Huds have been largely solid though (apart from that Spurs game) and Liverpool have really struggled to break down buses at home however.

I just generally don't like transferring out a player on a week they have a tasty fixture, especially if there's other areas that can be improved.

Mine is definitely the boring / conservative approach though! There's definitely valid arguments to be had for Hazard out Salah in for this team, no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

AnneFrank wrote: »
    PTP

Is that meant to be TPT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Is that meant to be TPT?

Pep The P....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Morzadec wrote: »
    Well there's not an awful lot that needs fixing in that team so I can see why you would consider using the transfer there. You also have Chelsea cover in Morata and no Liverpool cover so makes sense.

My opinion would still probably be that, if this was my team, my move would probably be to use this week as an opportunity to improve my bench fodder (Chalobah or Games) to someone who plays and has a chance for points. Games for a Liverpool defender (Gomes or Moreno at 4.5) would probably be my move with this team - even if it's a bit of a boring transfer it notably improves your squad for this gameweek and for the next few games.

There's definitely nothing wrong with your argument though, if you feel Liverpool will score big this week then that seems the logical move. As frustrating as they've been they are capable of turning on the goals. Huds have been largely solid though (apart from that Spurs game) and Liverpool have really struggled to break down buses at home however.

I just generally don't like transferring out a player on a week they have a tasty fixture, especially if there's other areas that can be improved.

Mine is definitely the boring / conservative approach though! There's definitely valid arguments to be had for Hazard out Salah in for this team, no doubt

Yeah good shout actually.
    Getting in a Liverpool defender would allow me to play a 4-3-3 this week and bench TPT away to Arsenal. Definitely not playing Naughton.

The headache then might be who to captain but would probably go Hazard if I'm keeping him. He needs to justify that big price tag.

I'll assess after the Chelsea Everton game tonight.

Whatever I decide I really appreciate the help! Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Pulled the trigger early this week

Zaha and Richarlison in for Alli and Loftus Cheek

A bit meh but hopefully doubling up on Watford midfield will work. Could backfire badly

Sane for captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thinking of boring enough transfer of Ben Davis, to Kieran Trippier. Cheaper, seems to be in current favour, and frees an extra 0.2mil for else where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Thinking of boring enough transfer of Ben Davis, to Kieran Trippier. Cheaper, seems to be in current favour, and frees an extra 0.2mil for else where.

Risky as rotation risk with aurier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Best to avoid a spurs wb between now and new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone think Eriksen to Salah (or Mane) is worth a free transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Eriksen is a season keeper for me but I am probably biased. Do you have anyone else to swap? Also Mane is still injured.

Am thinking of Sterling to Salah for a hit (-4) myself though - worth it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jesus or morata? Have jesus but think morata is guaranteed more mins. Frees up a bit of cash too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm probably in the minority but I'll say yes.

I had him from the start and shipped him for Hazard in GW8.

I don't think we can say for sure that the "Son" formation diminishes his returns but Trippier and Bavies are taking some of his corners I think. Also factoring in he (and Mane if fit) have high pressure games for their country coming up (and the psychological battering that defeat to Ireland will bring :pac:) then perhaps it's not a bad transfer.

Poch is unlikely to bench him and he tends to get at least 75mins but would he consider resting him against Palace to maximize his chances of playing well for Denmark and getting the benefit of a player in good spirits with a World Cup to look forward to?

I say go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did Ben Davies and Andy King to Kiko Femenia and Richarlison for - 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Eriksen is a season keeper for me but I am probably biased. Do you have anyone else to swap? Also Mane is still injured.

Am thinking of Sterling to Salah for a hit (-4) myself though - worth it??

Thanks!

You should see Salah play every week whereas Sterling won't. I'd say it's worth it as a medium term move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Doing Sterling to Salah myself. Freebie though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Moreno in- :eek:
    Don't know if it was harder to do it or say it out loud!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Looking at Moreno myself for a second -4

It's either that, or play Lowe/Hegazi. Chances are they'll get 1 point or less, so a Pool clean sheet will already put me in positive for the move. I'm looking longer terms though, will play Moreno for the home fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

PVA wrote: »

It's either that, or play Lowe/Hegazi. Chances are they'll get 1 point or less, so a Pool clean sheet will already put me in positive for the move. I'm looking longer terms though, will play Moreno for the home fixtures

I'm not sure Moreno is hailed in this weekend, think Gomez is a safer option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

PVA wrote: »

The problem with this plan is that Moreno inexplicably seems to be klopps first choice left back
    So
    You what him for the easier home games but klopp may play Robinson in these ones......

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    The problem with this plan is that Moreno inexplicably seems to be klopps first choice left back
    So
    You what him for the easier home games but klopp may play Robinson in these ones......
    That is the problem you would think he plays Robertson against Maribor midweek. It could catch people out in future weeks though. However at 4.5 I still think moreno is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

dsmythy wrote: »
    Doing Sterling to Salah myself. Freebie though.

Went for it for the -4 - thanks for the advice all. Going to captain Salah too and probably worth the hit long term (hopefully short term too! :P)

Be sensible and do Alli to salah minus 4 and will captain Vardy
    Or
    Bavies to duffy and Alli to Sanchez minus 8 and captain Sanchez

I know which way I am leaning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

That is the problem you would think he plays Robertson against Maribor midweek. It could catch people out in future weeks though. However at 4.5 I still think moreno is worth it.

Duffy / Dunk or Ben Mee would be better long term options in my opinion at that price level if you don't already have them. Pretty much guaranteed starters with a potential scoring chance from set pieces and playing for managers who actually coach their defence!

Be sensible and do Alli to salah minus 4 and will captain Vardy
    Or
    Bavies to duffy and Alli to Sanchez minus 8 and captain Sanchez

I know which way I am leaning :D

Is the minus four a long term thing you want to do?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is the minus four a long term thing you want to do?

I think given their fixtures and the amount of teams Salah is in I probably should get him...........
    For the minus 8 I will be moving Bavies on soon . Just can't have that uncertainly over a defender for 5.7 ml
    Sanchez is short term though probably given their fixtures and I'm worried everton made him look good cos arsenal looked awful before that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Alli & Jese out
    Ramsey & Ricarlison (+Aguero fund) in

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Duffy / Dunk or Ben Mee would be better long term options in my opinion at that price level if you don't already have them. Pretty much guaranteed starters with a potential scoring chance from set pieces and playing for managers who actually coach their defence!

I'm moving towards five 4.5 players agree on the other options . I have ward , naughton , Cedric, bavies, Simpson. Cedric and bavies will be turning into 2 of femenia, moreno or dunk over the next few gws.

I think given their fixtures and the amount of teams Salah is in I probably should get him...........
    For the minus 8 I will be moving Bavies on soon . Just can't have that uncertainly over a defender for 5.7 ml
    Sanchez is short term though probably given their fixtures and I'm worried everton made him look good cos arsenal looked awful before that

Feel the same about Davies but have doubts over his replacements to either get a clean sheet or definitely start

So will probably wait till next week to ditch him

• Advertisement

Strongly considering bavies , alli and hazard to moreno, salah and Sanchez for -4.

Advertisement