Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much does it take?

• 20-10-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

It' Friday and with all the time in the world and nothing to do, let me pose ye good folks of AH - how much would it take to say meh to money? Like if say you lost a fiver, would you be sad. What's this magic number?

This was inspired by amazon screwing around with my orders and missing a load of delivery dates. They offered a fiver as a "goodwill" gesture which I refused. Fiver lost would be missed, but this virtual fiver meant nothing.

My magic number is a euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Tree fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Thruppence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Nooooo......

(Just jumped into BTC buying myself. Never too late.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Depends on how much money i have but seeing as i earn my money the hard/foolish way, i don't like losing any of it. I love finding a 50 in the pocket. Oh yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I hadn't heard of that before, but who throws out a hard drive without checking what's on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fliucharbith

Time is more important than money.

When you have enough money.

Money is more important than time.

When you have enough time.

If you have approximately 800'000 in a straight up bank account with an on-demand interest rate of 7% (you'll get it with such a deposit), you can afford a relatively simple but comfortable lifestyle on interest earnings alone. That's the magic number to be free........after that you have all the time in the world.

Until you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

F**k money. It's only worth what we say it is. Bits of paper with squigly shiny drawings with nothing behind it to back it up. People laugh at religion and make-believe while digit paper money is the biggest make believe fairy-tale magic religion of them all.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Yeah, I just read some reports on it. I'm shocked that anyone would do that, there could have been all sorts of things on it.

Remember a german (?) a few years back who had bought some bitcoin, subsequently forgot about it for years until he read about the increase in value. He had forgotten his password over the years and spent like 2 or 3 weeks trying out every combination of password until he finally lucked out on it.

He netted himself like 100 odd grand, bought himself an apartment. Imagine the sweats trying to remember that password!

buried wrote: »
    F**k money. It's only worth what we say it is. Bits of paper with squigly shiny drawings with nothing behind it to back it up. People laugh at religion and make-believe while digit paper money is the biggest make believe fairy-tale magic religion of them all.

You can give them to me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I'm fond of poker and sports betting so I'd be pretty numb to money. You have to be really. Losing hundreds in seconds would have no effect on me. Would I rather have the money sure but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

You can give them to me so.

If I had it and you wanted it F I actually would. Loads of money would be no good to me, I'd probably be dead within three months if I did have it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Depends on the context. Somebody rammed into the side of the wife's car a few months back with her and the kids in it. Was expensive to repair the car but the family walked away without a scratch so even though it's not an amount you'd exactly throw away, it was still relatively meaningless.

Depends on the context. Somebody rammed into the side of the wife's car a few months back with her and the kids in it. Was expensive to repair the car but the family walked away without a scratch so even though it's not an amount you'd exactly throw away, it was still relatively meaningless.

Your health is your wealth. Not perfect, but theres a lot to be said for it, an awful lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

No figure but herself's brother got enough to buy a house in cash from her Dad.
    And we got nothing.

So whatever I can accumulate before I depart, I will split it 50/50

So at the moment, they'll get a fiver each. :)

For me, I'd like enough in the bank that when I fall off the perch herself is taken care of.

So 1.25 mill, plus batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bob Geldof said he only needed fúck you money.

Just enough so that if someone comes to you with a deal or job you don't like, you can say "fúck you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I wipe me arse with €200 notes.

In the recession it went down to €50 I really don't like talking about it it was an extremely difficult time.

I wipe me arse with €200 notes.

Can that still be used as legal tender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Can that still be used as legal tender?

Of course why not.

Of course why not.

Yeah dunno. I'd still like a few of them even afterwards.

So yeah point taken. Maybe a few cent knocked off wudda been nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Time is more important than money.

When you have enough money.

Money is more important than time.

When you have enough time.

If you have approximately 800'000 in a straight up bank account with an on-demand interest rate of 7% (you'll get it with such a deposit), you can afford a relatively simple but comfortable lifestyle on interest earnings alone. That's the magic number to be free........after that you have all the time in the world.

Until you die.
    link to such an account please

you have thousands of btc?

i am aware how cheap they were oroginally
    a thousand bct is over 5 million euros it seems you post o here a lot for someome with that kind of assett base

i'm not saying you shouldnt e doing other stuff but i'd be doing other stuff
    dont you think it might go bang?

• Advertisement

what do you drive?

Advertisement